• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
For me its:

1.:wolf:
2.:snake:
3.:wolf:
4.:wolf:
5.:wolf:
6.:wolf:
7.:wolf:
8.:wolf:
9.:wolf:
10.:wolf:
Wolf is love. Wolf is life. And Snake is pretty cool too.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
I'd like to see all veterans back, but I know that probably won't happen so in order of want:

1. Wolf
2. Ice Climbers
3. Snake
4. Squirtle
5. Ivysaur
6. Pichu
7. Young Link

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
1:snake:
2:wolf:

As much as I love :ivysaur: And:squirtle: I think them being standalones in project M does them just fine, plus we have a bunch of Pokemon already. The rest have their obvious reasons.

It's also good to see a lot of snake support in this thread too! Us animal named mercenaries got to keep together

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
Wolf and snake are the only niqqas I care about. I want pichu too but he's very unlikely. Tbh I never played snake but it doesn't feel right without him.

Morbi

Scavenger
Why are we even rating Wolf in this?

I mean, he's almost as confirmed in Smash 4 as Mario at this point lmao.
I suppose the reason is the "almost" portion of your post. Some people need to see to believe. I am one of those, personally; however, I am not sweating Wolf's inclusion either. I am just not nearly as certain as everyone else seems to be.

But I also put him first.
But you also put him ninth.

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I suppose the reason is the "almost" portion of your post. Some people need to see to believe. I am one of those, personally; however, I am not sweating Wolf's inclusion either. I am just not nearly as certain as everyone else seems to be.

But you also put him ninth.
Yet he's still first. It may not make sense but just roll with it. He's also the only one on the list besides Snake meaning I don't care about anyone else.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Random Thought. Would it be possible if aside from Wolf, we could get Venom from Melee? I mean, look at this stage...

It makes sense to be paired with Wolf as it ties in with Wolf in a way. (64 and 64 3D). :cool:

AzulWolfSmash

Smash Rookie
NNID
SkyOkamiWolf
Well here's who i voted for/really want for Sm4sh
1 :wolf:
2 Crash Bandicoot
3 King K. Rool

4 Okami Amaterasu
If i get Wolf at least, I'll forget about the other characters i voted for and will STILL be the happiest person on Earth XD.:bluejump:

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
The thought of using Wolf's up special after using side special midair makes me giddy.
Dat voice clip though.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Gotta keep in mind with the dream of acting out of Wolf Flash, you have to allow the endlag to finish first. Same applies to Fox and Falco. You don't see them ever use their side b then immediately use their up b. They have to fall down a little as gravity applies to them before the endlag is over. Affects us pretty harshly given our fast fall speed and while Fire Wolf has the same distance as Fire Fox, the latter has a much more generous ledge sweetspot (presumably because Fox actually has his hands out near the end of the move). This is of course, assuming we even get to move after Wolf Flash and assuming we keep our Brawl attributes relative to the rest of the cast.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
LOL at this dude on Reddit:https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3osnxy/what_character_dont_you_want_in_sm4sh/cw05059

Also,for the lazy,the guy who posted this comment is :4zelda:ElPikminMaster(know what,I'm putting the flair next to the username now for reddit links)

Also,Jazz,Cynado(I think),King Sonn DeDeDoo,and anyone else I missed(I am sorry if you wanted a shoutout)welcome to the club,welcome to the club

I've been here aince March or something(this is the thread I'm mostly on fyi)

Also,dyk,A SKILLED:wolf:CAN BEAT ANY:4sheik:(a spinoff to a skilled:roymelee:can beat any:foxmelee:(:foxmelee:is consideredt o be the best character in Melee,beating:falcomelee:,:sheikmelee:,:marthmelee:,etc.).).

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Considering we got Lucas (who seems to be on the same level as Wolf) and a new Star Fox game incoming... it just feels so obvious.

His exclusion was rather silly to begin with, but now that we got an expanded roster and got Roy and Ryu for goodness sake (the former a character I doubted we'd ever see back, the latter a wet dream at best for me)...

...like, why wouldn't it happen? Lucas and Mewtwo are basically copies of themselves in Brawl and Melee respectively (Mewtwo has the same terrible hitboxes, lacking power, and super low weight, while Lucas at least has some of Ness' newer properties).

Thus imagining Wolf like that (with new properties that Falco and Fox have) is very easy to imagine. It would be easy to think of, create, and put together. It's not a challenge at all. Thus, it all adds up into one huge "well duh he's gonna be DLC soon, how else is Nintendo going to promote a new Star Fox game?"

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Gotta keep in mind with the dream of acting out of Wolf Flash, you have to allow the endlag to finish first. Same applies to Fox and Falco. You don't see them ever use their side b then immediately use their up b. They have to fall down a little as gravity applies to them before the endlag is over. Affects us pretty harshly given our fast fall speed and while Fire Wolf has the same distance as Fire Fox, the latter has a much more generous ledge sweetspot (presumably because Fox actually has his hands out near the end of the move). This is of course, assuming we even get to move after Wolf Flash and assuming we keep our Brawl attributes relative to the rest of the cast.
Who said I thought there'd be no lag?

Like my response to this post?

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
LOL at this dude on Reddit:https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3osnxy/what_character_dont_you_want_in_sm4sh/cw05059

Also,for the lazy,the guy who posted this comment is :4zelda:ElPikminMaster(know what,I'm putting the flair next to the username now for reddit links)

Also,Jazz,Cynado(I think),King Sonn DeDeDoo,and anyone else I missed(I am sorry if you wanted a shoutout)welcome to the club,welcome to the club

I've been here aince March or something(this is the thread I'm mostly on fyi)

Also,dyk,A SKILLED:wolf:CAN BEAT ANY:4sheik:(a spinoff to a skilled:roymelee:can beat any:foxmelee:(:foxmelee:is consideredt o be the best character in Melee,beating:falcomelee:,:sheikmelee:,:marthmelee:,etc.).).
I've been on the thread for a while. I just don't post very often. Thanks for the welcome anyway though. :wolf:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Who said I thought there'd be no lag?

Like my response to this post?
There was no mention of lag or a lack thereof. It is an idea brought up every now and then though. Acting out of Wolf Flash that is. Like, if that move had no endlag at all, we could probably Wolf Flash sweetspot > footstool > ff dair for the meanest of kills. Sounds like something that could be done in P:M.

Speaking of footstools actually, I don't recall if Wolf had any jab locking moves. Maybe footstool > ff nair > dsmash as a kill set up? We do fall fast so it could become true.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Considering we got Lucas (who seems to be on the same level as Wolf) and a new Star Fox game incoming... it just feels so obvious.

His exclusion was rather silly to begin with, but now that we got an expanded roster and got Roy and Ryu for goodness sake (the former a character I doubted we'd ever see back, the latter a wet dream at best for me)...

...like, why wouldn't it happen? Lucas and Mewtwo are basically copies of themselves in Brawl and Melee respectively (Mewtwo has the same terrible hitboxes, lacking power, and super low weight, while Lucas at least has some of Ness' newer properties).

Thus imagining Wolf like that (with new properties that Falco and Fox have) is very easy to imagine. It would be easy to think of, create, and put together. It's not a challenge at all. Thus, it all adds up into one huge "well duh he's gonna be DLC soon, how else is Nintendo going to promote a new Star Fox game?"
Personally, I am just hesitant because I thought he was obvious and guaranteed for the main roster. Fool me once, fool me twice... That sort of thing. However, I agree with your sentiment completely. Wolf is so easy to imagine in Smash 4 from a game-play perspective. I cannot wait to try him out.

Ryuvain

Lord of Revenge
1. Wolf(derrrrr)
2. Snake(even with his problems)
3. Krystal(why not?)
4-10. everybody else, i don't care who else gets in after.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
That guy mains the worst character in the game. Nothing to see here folks. Just some bottom tier user who is probably salty over the fact dins still puts you in a helpless state when used off stage for no reason at all and most likely got slaughtered by Wolf players in Brawl. Disregard his opinion to the highest degree.

We need some sort of "haters gonna hate" image to respond to Wolf/clone haters when they pop up so I made a little something. (If anyone can make something better, go right ahead.)

If you see a Wolf/clone hater, show them this.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
What? Is that all you've got?
What's the matter scared?
You fools! What are you idiots up to now?

Wolf has plenty of good quotes for those who oppose him.

No one quotes Command, not even me </3

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Okay, guys so this is a little off topic but I really need you guys' opinion on this.
Two of my friends are convinced (like REALLY convinced) that Shovel Knight is a shoo-in for DLC and they keep telling me that Wolf is extremely unlikely. I don't know if they're just trolling me but they seem pretty sure that he'll be in since he has an amiibo but still, I'm not seeing it as likely.

Anyways, what are you guys' thoughts on this?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Personally, I am just hesitant because I thought he was obvious and guaranteed for the main roster. Fool me once, fool me twice... That sort of thing.
(thank you random internet search for this)

*goes into full Reverend Mode*

My bruuuuuutherrrssss and sisssstassss of the Smash Brothers faith, I, the Great Blessed Pope Mario XXXVIII of the Mushroom Kingdom, Leader of the Holy Super Galaxy Luma Church, am here before you to preach the revelations of the Gospels of Smash.

And through the POWER of this Gospel, our Lord and Savior, Iwata in Heaven, Sakurai on Earth, and Miyamoto in Spirit (Press A+Z to Grab), I have seen a vision.

A vision of us dancing with wolves, fighting with a sniper wolf, and pigs getting their stick houses blown down by a big bad wolf!

My friends and family and fellowship of the Smash Brothers Faith, we have been delivered unto Wolf, and Wolf has been saved by the will of Sakurai.

Now less us pray and give thanks to the Holy Trinity of Stock, Time, and Coin Modes, Press A+Z to Grab.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Okay, guys so this is a little off topic but I really need you guys' opinion on this.
Two of my friends are convinced (like REALLY convinced) that Shovel Knight is a shoo-in for DLC and they keep telling me that Wolf is extremely unlikely. I don't know if they're just trolling me but they seem pretty sure that he'll be in since he has an amiibo but still, I'm not seeing it as likely.

Anyways, what are you guys' thoughts on this?
I see Shovel Knight as a possibility of sorts. He's new and not Nintendo exclusive but he's also popular and could have a unique moveset. Robin is new and popular, Ryu isn't exclusive and Chrom wasn't added due to being too similar to others.

Now Wolf not being likely? Quite the opposite. I've spewed it all before but Roy got in so Wolf IS coming, it's all a matter of when. Plus, Sakurai himself has said he doesn't like cutting vets and with dlc he doesn't have to cut any vet and Wolf is the most likely since he lacks the issues ICies and Snake have and has more popularity than Pichu, Squirtle and Ivy.

Top Bottom