• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Someone has found 3 empty character slots as well as some empty stage slots I believe. Not these two guys, but he's a credible dataminer, can't remember his name. This is the most legitimate "leak" we have.
Yep. All the datamine leaks we've gotten so far have been legit, from 8 player smash to Roy/Ryu. Text and image leaks aren't too hard to fake and should be ignored.

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
When the day comes @Logo12 believes an announcement is coming for Smash, I will believe as well. WE. MUST. BELIEVE. Anyways, we should get a direct--the Summer season is over, Winter season and a new year is upon us, whether it be tomorrow, the next day, next Wednesday--there's one coming. Also, MTTR.Akter MTTR.Akter and @☆Jazz♀, welcome! Like with every new Howler I shall ask what your thoughts and hopes are pertaining to DLC
My thoughts and hopes on DLC is pretty fair. I, personally, would accept any DLC content (including Mii costumes), but not anything that goes against the boundaries Sakurai has said to us. My hope for DLC is that we get Snake and Wolf back, plus some more newcomers as well as a lot of more new content. As long as Snake and Wolf comes back, I'll be fine with any other content later on.

Ryuvain

Lord of Revenge
This really doesn't look good on Nintendo at all. Having smash stagnate like this will hurt them in the long run.
Considering that Smash and Mario Maker are the biggest things they have atm they are looking real bad against the likes of Sony and Microsoft right now.

Star Fox also gets delayed and the holidays for Ninty are also looking bad.

The purge is here ladies and gentlemen...

shane3x

Saint of Swords
It can be somewhat difficult to not hear about whatever the next rumour and/or leak when Nintendo insists on the Radio Silence.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You seem to be a Cutologist.
I prefer the term "Cutathesiologist" as it more accurately describes the act of cutting cutting by cutting the cut that first cut the cut that was on the cusp of being cut.
There'll be a rumor about a rumor about a rumor about an announcement of the announcement of the next Direct.
I'm a Cutathesiologist and you're a Rumorologist.

Last edited:

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
I prefer the term "Cutathesiologist" as it more accurately describes the act of cutting cutting by cutting the cut that first cut the cut that was on the cusp of being cut.

I'm a Cutathesiologist and you're a Rumorologist.
The greatest of professions, my friend.

GreatDave

Smash Cadet
NNID
GreatDave81
I do apologize, but unfortunately I cannot follow this forum so much.
How does it work here? Or to say better...why people give their "support" to Wolf? What does it mean and where does it lead?

Anyway, I give my total support to Wolf as DLC.

Because if Falco has always been my main since Melee, Wolf was my submain in Brawl and I miss him so much now!
I soon fell in love with him, for he was so fun to use. I've hard tastes about characters, at the moment I've still to find a submain in SSB4, no characters satisfy me, I don't have the "feeling" with no one but Falco.
I tried many, but my hopes are stille alive.
Because IMHO it's great to use two characters that are similar but at he same time different.
I love Wolf's brutal style, and who says he's a Fox-clone...has never played REALLY Wolf.
Furthermore, this game lacks of villains. We just got Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, and Dedede (who's not so bad...and after all, he looks too CUTE to be bad!). The roster needs Wolf and other villains (K.Rool would be perfect).
They have brought back every veteran: Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy (!), the useless Dr. Mario too...the only missing are Young Link (but Toon Link is his modern version, so Young Link is actually in the game), Pichu (nobody misses that yellow thing), Ice Climbers (technical reasons), Snake (there're troubles with Konami/Kojima, I think) and Wolf...who's the easiest to bring back among them. He's already done, they've just to pick him from Brawl and carry him on Wii U with some HD textures...

It's incredible that Sakurai is not giving a clue, or ONE WORD.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I do apologize, but unfortunately I cannot follow this forum so much.
How does it work here? Or to say better...why people give their "support" to Wolf? What does it mean and where does it lead?

Anyway, I give my total support to Wolf as DLC.

Because if Falco has always been my main since Melee, Wolf was my submain in Brawl and I miss him so much now!
I soon fell in love with him, for he was so fun to use. I've hard tastes about characters, at the moment I've still to find a submain in SSB4, no characters satisfy me, I don't have the "feeling" with no one but Falco.
I tried many, but my hopes are stille alive.
Because IMHO it's great to use two characters that are similar but at he same time different.
I love Wolf's brutal style, and who says he's a Fox-clone...has never played REALLY Wolf.
Furthermore, this game lacks of villains. We just got Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, and Dedede (who's not so bad...and after all, he looks too CUTE to be bad!). The roster needs Wolf and other villains (K.Rool would be perfect).
They have brought back every veteran: Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy (!), the useless Dr. Mario too...the only missing are Young Link (but Toon Link is his modern version, so Young Link is actually in the game), Pichu (nobody misses that yellow thing), Ice Climbers (technical reasons), Snake (there're troubles with Konami/Kojima, I think) and Wolf...who's the easiest to bring back among them. He's already done, they've just to pick him from Brawl and carry him on Wii U with some HD textures...

It's incredible that Sakurai is not giving a clue, or ONE WORD.
...I miss that yellow thing. However, I will agree that Pichu is the second least likely of the remaining cut veterans (*cough* Young Link *cough*). Yes, the fact that the remaining vets all have different factors regarding their inclusion and the ones that did return are either semi clones or cut from Brawl melee vets, It's overhwleming evidence that Wolf is next on the list. But I can imagine a rare unlikely scenario where Snake is brought back before Wolf. At the moment, Snake and Wolf are like the Mewtwo and Roy of Brawl. One has a rather unique moveset with a move that is a little identical to an existing smasher but only barely and if the other made it back into 4, he would be a second semi-clone to a character with already one semi-clone.

...I miss that yellow thing. However, I will agree that Pichu is the third least likely of the remaining cut veterans (*cough* Young Link and Ice Climbers *cough*). Yes, the fact that the remaining vets all have different factors regarding their inclusion and the ones that did return are either semi clones or cut from Brawl melee vets, It's overhwleming evidence that Wolf is next on the list. But I can imagine a rare unlikely scenario where Snake is brought back before Wolf. At the moment, Snake and Wolf are like the Mewtwo and Roy of Brawl. One has a rather unique moveset with a move that is a little identical to an existing smasher but only barely and if the other made it back into 4, he would be a second semi-clone to a character with already one semi-clone.
Fixed.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Yeah, technically they were cut--although they had data that was complete on the Wii U to a certain degree--wouldn't we say dropped? Alright, I'll give you that one XD (I think seeing them released on Wii U exclusive DLC is more likely than Young Link, though.)

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
:wolf: "Don't hesitate! When the time comes, just act!"

So guys, don't be nervous, when Wolf is announced, it's all over, and everybody in here has to feel proud of our constant support towards Wolf.
If he's not in, don't hesitate, JUST ACT.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Yeah, technically they were cut--although they had data that was complete on the Wii U to a certain degree--wouldn't we say dropped? Alright, I'll give you that one XD (I think seeing them released on Wii U exclusive DLC is more likely than Young Link, though.)
Young Link isn't impossible, unlike the Icies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wolf will be in, 3 DLC slots kinda confirm this for me. Just be patient, Wolf will be there.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'm always baffled by the support Young Link has. His playstyle of being the lighter, smaller, faster Link lives on through Toon Link. If the move changes to Luigify Toon from Link don't make him Young Link then Ganon isn't Ganon, Falco isn't Falco, Doc isn't Doc and Roy isn't Roy. Then there's the argument of making his moves masked based from MM which then tells me the supporters don't give two ****s for what Young Link already was in Smash but want a 'new' Zelda rep and Young Link with masks just happens to be a possibility. I see Ganon with a full or mostly sword moveset being a higher possibility or even Ghirahim or Impa. The only other argument is how Toon Link literally isn't Young Link since they are two different Links from two different games and timelines but then Link and Zelda fall under that same logic.

YL rant aside (and no offense to YL supporters, merely baffled by the support he gets when he's essentially in the game outside of mask based moveset). Nintendo is still awfully quiet even with all of these 'leaks' and rumors going around. Did Iwata's death hit them that hard? Does the new guy not know what to do or not want to do a Direct? Do they have nothing to show? Do they have a ridiculous amount to show? Heck if anyone knows! The slightest sign would be nice :/

As for the Falco amiibo problem. I'm legitimately considering paying someone in America through Paypal to preorder Falco for me and to send it to me in the mail, with me paying the expenses of course. Still dumb that he's restricted to a specific retailer. Do you want my money or not Nintendo?

This post still doesn't feel enough related to Wolf so I'll throw this random tidbit of knowledge out there. That awful thing that is my profile picture is like the most beta form of my future logo of sorts. The y in Krysco being made in a similar fashion to the x in Starfox and the little gun next to PEW is firing a red laser, a blue laser and a big green laser so obvious reference is obvious. As for the name itself, PEW is what I went by before I was Krysco and it stuck with a few friends so it stuck with me too. Originally stood for Princess Electric Wolf (yes, I called myself a princess).

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Also, in Melee, Young Link was known as such because he was a younger version of the base Link who himself was from Ocarina of Time. But since the Base Link in this game is from Twilight Princess, Young Link would no longer be Young Link. He would be OOT Link--Each of the variations (of Link) are called by different names because of their relationship to the base Link--not their relationship to each other.
Also, asking for Young Link's "return" while giving him a completely new moveset doesn't make any sense--at that point, he's a newcomer. Tell me, why don't Young Link mains from Melee complain about Toon Link?

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
The reason I want Young Link back is because I liked playing as him, the same reason as to why I want Wolf and Pichu as DLC.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
The reason I want Young Link back is because I liked playing as him, the same reason as to why I want Wolf and Pichu as DLC.
I know--I was only justifying that if I had to choose between Pichu and Young Link--I'd go for Pichu

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
:wolf: and :snake: are the only vets I would like to see return. The rest can go play in the mud puddle for all I care.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
:wolf:
:sheilda:
:pichumelee:
:younglinkmelee:
:snake:
:squirtle:
:icsmelee::popo:
:ivysaur:
My list. Mind you, YL is 4th but that's just in terms of enjoyment. I don't want him back since he practically never left. I have the unpopular opinion of having Pichu high and Shielda is gone ;-; now all we have is a bad princess and a ninja with incredibly safe moves.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
1. :wolf:(1.07)=:snake:(1.53)=:popo:(1.75) (I can't decide; Wolf is the most likely of the three to come back so he has a slight advantage)
2. :pichumelee:
3.:ivysaur:
4. :squirtle:

5. :younglinkmelee:

I'm a very complex person XD

Last edited:

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
:sheilda:

My list. Mind you, YL is 4th but that's just in terms of enjoyment. I don't want him back since he practically never left. I have the unpopular opinion of having Pichu high and Shielda is gone ;-; now all we have is a bad princess and a ninja with incredibly safe moves.
But, but, both Zelda and Sheik made it into the game! XD
Not cut vets. :(

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
But, but, both Zelda and Sheik made it into the game! XD
Not cut vets. :(
Zelda made it. Sheik made it. Shielda didn't. No longer can you rack up damage with Sheik then switch over to Zelda for the higher power. No longer can you switch to Zelda for a better recovery when off stage (not that it matters thanks to Bouncing Fish). Very few people cared for the combination and admittedly, I only cared for it in Brawl but it's gone now. YL on the other hand isn't exactly gone, rather he went through an extreme makeover.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'd be in heaven if they just went ahead and released a "Brawl Ports" pack soon, since they'd have really low dev time and a lot of them are good to middling popularity, particularly in Japan. Brawl had a great roster, imo, and I'd love to see them get that back.

I just really miss :wolf::squirtle::ivysaur:. Why not also make Wii-U exclusive :popo: since they're already done, and that way the dev time there doesn't go to waste either...?

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
1. Wolf
2. Pichu
3. Ivysaur
4. Ice Climbers
5. Young Link
6. Squirtle
7. Snake

I want all veterans back, by the way.

1. Wolf
2. Snake
3. Ice Climbers
4. Ivysaur
5. Squirtle
6. Pichu
7. Young Link

I want only Wolf back, but I would be fine with Snake, Ivysaur and Squirtle returning as well (and ICs, but they won't happen). But I don't want Pichu and especially Young Link to return.

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
Enjoyment:1.:ivysaur: 2.:squirtle: 3.:wolf:4.:popo:5.:snake:6.:younglinkmelee:7.:pichumelee:
For want I would put wolf and ice climbers as one and two just because I think they fill a more important role than squirtle and ivysaur, and pichu over young link because toon link (would love mask toon link though).
AnonymousMoon AnonymousMoon im pretty sure he's called young link in hyrule warriors, so he would still be young link not oot link

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Enjoyment:1.:ivysaur: 2.:squirtle: 3.:wolf:4.:popo:5.:snake:6.:younglinkmelee:7.:pichumelee:
For want I would put wolf and ice climbers as one and two just because I think they fill a more important role than squirtle and ivysaur, and pichu over young link because toon link (would love mask toon link though).
AnonymousMoon AnonymousMoon im pretty sure he's called young link in hyrule warriors, so he would still be young link not oot link
Wow, I didn't realize Sakurai directed that game, too! Wow, he really is a busy guy, huh? Sarcasm aside, these are two different games here...with one focused specifically on Zelda--having three Links in a game like that is understandable. However, in Smash Bros, there are people who don't know about Zelda playing the game. Adding a "Young" Link would be very confusing to them with Toon Link and TP Link already in the fold. My entire point was that Young Link was called as such because he and the Base Link from Melee were both from Ocarina of Time. Calling Toon Link "Young Link" would be confusing from a marketing standpoint--Young to what? That's not the same Link?

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
1. :pichumelee:
2. :wolf:
3. :ivysaur:
4. :popo:
5. :younglinkmelee:
6. :squirtle:
7. :snake:
(2-3 are a tie really. I don't like anyone below 3 BTW)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Snake
2. Wolf
3. Ice Climbers
4. Squirtle
5. Ivysaur
6. Pichu
7. Young Link

I'd like to have all of the Brawl veterans back, if at all possible.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
For me it's just Wolf and Snake. Those two are all I'm missing.

Here's yet another rumor I'd like to share with you along with my personal opinion. I put a spoiler tag on it so you don't have to read it if you don't want to accidentally get your hopes up ;)

Some of you might have seen GXs newest video about a possible Zelda Twilight Princess HD remake that's actually soon to be released (according to dataminers) together with a ton of other Wii titles. How is this relevant for us you ask? Well, I think this might be one big thing suited to be announced during a direct. If I got it right it's to be released this or next week. Which would still be within the predicted space of time for an announcement like Roger said.

Thoughts?

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post
Am I the only one who wants mario strikers charged U? Msc was broken/glitchy af like melee but other than that, it was a fun game.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Oh,we're trending again?OH FUN!
1.:wolf:Durr,that's why we're here.
2.:snake:Showtime all the time.
3.:pichumelee:Uh-Oh!The unpopular opinion!Whatever shall we do?*Gets GameFAQS flamed into oblivion*
That's basically it,but...FOR COMPLETIONIST'S SAKE!
4.:popo:Wouldn't matter too much to me if they stayed cut,which they obviously will.
5.:squirtle:Never cared too much for him.There's a reason Charizard is alone now.Also,if Pichu came back,we don't need anymore Pokemon.
6.:ivysaur:See Squirtle.
7.:pt:Lone Trainer?When pigs fly,when Carrie dates Darwin(Obligatory AWOG bias.You're welcome.),and when Ash Metchum gets confirmed.Also,see Squirtle about too much Pokemon.
8.:younglinkmelee:Really don't need to explain this one.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other news,had this dream about Sakurai saying K. Rool was coming out soon.
Joy.

xWolfiex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xWolfie55x
3DS FC
2982-1721-1850
The only veterans that I want them back are Wolf and Snake.

Am I the only one who wants mario strikers charged U? Msc was broken/glitchy af like melee but other than that, it was a fun game.
Nope, your not the only one.

Top Bottom