• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

shane3x

Saint of Swords
It is so. I know that she had data to try and determine the date, but was she really that sure that a Direct would happen today?
Enough to make multiple claims and to confirm multiple times when asked. I hope she didn't just pull a date out of thin air based off a possible content update for splatoon.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Enough to make multiple claims and to confirm multiple times when asked. I hope she didn't just pull a date out of thin air based off a possible content update for splatoon.
Somehow, I just think that may be more or less the case.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Last edited:

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
I'll only believe a leak if it has gameplay.

I'm getting sick of these leaks.

That leak is fake.
My best friend's friend's father's daughter's boyfriend's grandfather's daughter's uncle's brother's girlfriend told me that a guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this girl that had a brother and two moms, the second one having a step-sister that had an aunt whose husband worked with Sakuri on Smash 4. Said husband can confirm that the following are in the works for DLC so far (More to come).

Characters
Wolf
Bandana Dee
Pichu
King K. Rool

Stages
New Pork City
Poké Floats
Dinosaur Planet
Pirate Panic
Brinstar (Wii U only)

Modes
Offline Tourney

Mii Costumes
Daisy's dress (Gunner)
Falco Lombardi outfit (Gunner)
Shovel Knight's armor (Sword)
Football player outfit (Fighter)
Dark Lord outfit (Fighter)
Kremling outfit (Fighter)
Issac outfit (Sword)

Minus the Mii costumes, I think most of these are plausible.
That actually would be a great selection I think. Not perfect but still good.

One day a real leak will happen and no one will believe it because of all the "leaks" going on now...

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
That actually would be a great selection I think. Not perfect but still good.

One day a real leak will happen and no one will believe it because of all the "leaks" going on now...
Unless we get the Classic Victory Movies or something. When Ryu and Roy's leaked I don't think anyone denied it after that.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
As is the case with people who make up stuff, just as it looks like her claims are falling apart she's saying "Oh maybe" and "I don't know" now. Typical. Welp. Guess I'll just stick to Roger, TWB and dantarion.

https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/654090143054204928
Oh, brother! *facepalm* She got us thinking when she was wrong!

About the other guys we still have, in particular, Roger, he did say last week that we'd get some news within the next two weeks, with this one being the first. Can we still believe that?

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
A real leak is difficulty to believe, just on the premise that the leaker would be associated with Nintendo and would be in serious trouble.

The Ryu/Roy leak was a datamine, rather than an employee letting word out.

Regardless, I keep hoping one of these leaks are true lol.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Oh, brother! *facepalm* She got us thinking when she was wrong!

About the other guys we still have, in particular, Roger, he did say last week that we'd get some news within the next two weeks, with this one being the first. Can we still believe that?
Considering Roger at least has some association with Nintendo and he's provided correct info before it's not unreasonable to give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. I actually don't know where the original source for Roger saying all that stuff was. I know everyone all over is saying he said that, but does anyone have a link for the original source?

The Ryu/Roy leak was a datamine, rather than an employee letting word out.
Semantics.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Considering Roger at least has some association with Nintendo and he's provided correct info before it's not unreasonable to give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. I actually don't know where the original source for Roger saying all that stuff was. I know everyone all over is saying he said that, but does anyone have a link for the original source?

Semantics.
I guess he can be trusted then. For now. What about the other two guys you mentioned?

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I guess he can be trusted then. For now. What about the other two guys you mentioned?
I believe it was TWB who leaked the Roy/Ryu stuff with datamining an update that released early in Japan. Dantarion is mostly a dataminer.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I believe it was TWB who leaked the Roy/Ryu stuff with datamining an update that released early in Japan. Dantarion is mostly a dataminer.
Have either said anything about any news coming, or a new character, lately? Just curious.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Have either said anything about any news coming, or a new character, lately? Just curious.
Someone has found 3 empty character slots as well as some empty stage slots I believe. Not these two guys, but he's a credible dataminer, can't remember his name. This is the most legitimate "leak" we have.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Someone has found 3 empty character slots as well as some empty stage slots I believe. Not these two guys, but he's a credible dataminer, can't remember his name. This is the most legitimate "leak" we have.
ShinyQuagsire, I presume? That must be his name.

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
The only people who have claimed anything recently are Roger, Stealth and NWPlayer. NWPlayer who know is now full of crap, Stealth I believe was just piggybacking off Roger.

Early on 6 slots were found, 4 were used up leaving 2 left. It was discovered in the recent patch that a new one was added giving us the current 3.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The only people who have claimed anything recently are Roger, Stealth and NWPlayer. NWPlayer who know is now full of crap, Stealth I believe was just piggybacking off Roger.
Looks like Roger is our only reliable source we have in regards to future news, for now.

Last edited:

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Looks like Roger is our only reliable source we have in regards to future news, for now.
Eh, he didn't even bring much news. Something Nintendo related will happen in the next two weeks (at the time). Woopdeedoo, so vague he could just pick whatever event happens and call himself credible.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Eh, he didn't even bring much news. Something Nintendo related will happen in the next two weeks (at the time). Woopdeedoo, so vague he could just pick whatever event happens and call himself credible.
But, as shane said...

He appears to have some short of connection with Nintendo itself. Now that only says so much, and that doesn't mean he is 100% reliable, but for now, he is the most "reliable" "leaker" that we have good enough reason to give some trust at the moment. He can still be wrong, though, and he could still be trolling us. Still, he does seem a bit reasonable here.

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
But, as shane said...

He appears to have some short of connection with Nintendo itself. Now that only says so much, and that doesn't mean he is 100% reliable, but for now, he is the most "reliable" "leaker" that we have good enough reason to give some trust at the moment. He can still be wrong, though, and he could still be trolling us. Still, he does seem a bit reasonable here.
He used to work for Nintendo. So it's unlikely Roger himself would directly reveal stuff since he's likely still covered by his contract even after leaving Nintendo to not reveal anything unless he wants legal action. Look at what happened to Chris.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He used to work for Nintendo. So it's unlikely Roger himself would directly reveal stuff since he's likely still covered by his contract even after leaving Nintendo to not reveal anything unless he wants legal action. Look at what happened to Chris.
Chris? Was that the ESRB Leak guy?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He worked for Nintendo, discussed on a podcast how Sakurai worked and stuff like that, didnt directly reveal information about content or whatever but he got fired for revealing things.
Oh, that guy, of course! How did I forget? I can see what you mean. Shame he got fired, though.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
So why would Roger even touch on something Nintendo hasn't announced itself. If this Chris person got fired over something so indirect I'm sure Roger's "leaks" wouldn't be taken well.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I'm gonna be pessimistic about everything regarding Smash rumors--that way when something does happen, I can be pleasantly surprised. OH and guys, I know that a character is coming in the next 3 months and he is extremely popular!! Also he may or may not be from Ballot!

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
So why would Roger even touch on something Nintendo hasn't announced itself. If this Chris person got fired over something so indirect I'm sure Roger's "leaks" wouldn't be taken well.
He doesn't work for Nintendo anymore. At this point Nintendo can only sue, but he hasnt revealed anything hes been vague to cover himself but not vague enough so people get the hint.

Chris was indirect in terms of the type of information he revealed, but it was pretty candid information nonetheless.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm gonna be pessimistic about everything regarding Smash rumors--that way when something does happen, I can be pleasantly suprised
I'd do the same thing, but believe me: I'd not need to do such a thing, since my excitement is contained and controlled, and I might be reacting well whether or not I listen to the "leakers". That is just me, though.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Well I hope the Ryu/Roy leak was worth it--now we won't know ahead of time whether something is coming. I swear, though, whatever character(s) Sakurai is working on better be big, cause we've been waiting a long time for news. Mario Maker and Pirate ship wouldn't hold us off that long.
So given the addition of a third DLC slot, would you guys assume that one of the vacant two before are close to completion if not completed?

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Well I hope the Ryu/Roy leak was worth it--now we won't know ahead of time whether something is coming. I swear, though, whatever character(s) Sakurai is working on better be big, cause we've been waiting a long time for news. Mario Maker and Pirate ship wouldn't hold us off that long.
So given the addition of a third DLC slot, would you guys assume that one of the vacant two before are close to completion if not completed?
The videos themselves were only revealed a day prior, the sound files were in there months prior though. Considering how long it takes to make a character they would have started work around the time Roy, Ryu and Lucas dropped so that a character could be ready for around the time Smash Ballot ended. I'd say the only plausible characters who'd fit that description would be Wolf and possibly Inklings.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
NWPlayer123 just retweeted an old micro Direct and my heart skipped a beat .-. ...
Now that is just plain trolling. Shame on her.

Anyone following NWplayer123 should consider unfollowing at this point.
Wasn't even following her at all. Someone should teach this gal some manners, as in not to play with people's mind like that.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sorry fellow Wolf supports, but I got bad news I gotta cut right now.

Wolf is inevitably gonna be cut from the cut list after his cut is cut.

Sorry for all the cuts guys, but you gotta cut out the cuts with a cut to the cut.

I hope this cut doesn't cut through your thick skin though.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Sorry fellow Wolf supports, but I got bad news I gotta cut right now.

Wolf is inevitably gonna be cut from the cut list after his cut is cut.

Sorry for all the cuts guys, but you gotta cut out the cuts with a cut to the cut.

I hope this cut doesn't cut through your thick skin though.
Cutty McCutson, I presume?

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Yes, and I am here to cut this thread from the cut thread by cutting the character from the cut list who was initially cut in the cuts because of the cuts that cut him.

Cut into that logic why don't you?
You seem to be a Cutologist.

Top Bottom