• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Well, Roy arguably saved the entire Fire Emblem series, but I don't wanna make a super long paragraph on it. I'm just gonna say I respect your opinion.
And likewise, I respect yours even though ours seem to be opposites. My apologies if my posts come off as hurtful or harsh. Too much pride and support for Wolf I suppose =P

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
And likewise, I respect yours even though ours seem to be opposites. My apologies if my posts come off as hurtful or harsh. Too much pride and support for Wolf I suppose =P
It's alright. Roy's one of my favorite characters ever, so I'm always super defensive of him.

We are on the same boat when it comes to Wolf, though.

Furret24

Smash Master
I understand where you're coming from, but still:

1. His forward smash has always been like that and it's kind of a staple for him.

2. Marth's tippered forward smash kills earlier than that.

3: It's super punishable if whiffed, and Roy himself has plenty of flaws.
I know, but it's still annoying.

AzulWolfSmash

Smash Rookie
NNID
SkyOkamiWolf
I think they REALLY need to change Wolf's final smash (You need your Imagination for this :awesome:) I would like to see him call his Wolfen (kinda like Captain Falcon except it doesn't appear from the foreground) and then it can go all the way across the screen horizontally and if any fighter gets hit, they get launched upward, they get put in a cinematic scene (like Shulk's or Mega Man's final smash) where Wolf jumps in his ship then the scene transitions in the Lylat system (space). Wolf contacts the Star Wolf Team members and they all shoot at the fighters in space. Then, after the scene finishes (back to normal), Wolf does a backflip out of the Wolfen (like Wolf's Subspace Emissary scene) & all the fighters caught in the final smash will get launched up for a Star KO or Screen KO. If the Wolfen ship misses fighters it would just fly off towards the edge of the screen. I would also like to see Wolf's animalistic side for his attacks (except his A moves they're already animalistic lol) cuz' y'know... HE'S A WOLF! :laugh:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I think they REALLY need to change Wolf's final smash (You need your Imagination for this :awesome:) I would like to see him call his Wolfen (kinda like Captain Falcon except it doesn't appear from the foreground) and then it can go all the way across the screen horizontally and if any fighter gets hit, they get launched upward, they get put in a cinematic scene (like Shulk's or Mega Man's final smash) where Wolf jumps in his ship then the scene transitions in the Lylat system (space). Wolf contacts the Star Wolf Team members and they all shoot at the fighters in space. Then, after the scene finishes (back to normal), Wolf does a backflip out of the Wolfen (like Wolf's Subspace Emissary scene) & all the fighters caught in the final smash will get launched up for a Star KO or Screen KO. If the Wolfen ship misses fighters it would just fly off towards the edge of the screen. I would also like to see Wolf's animalistic side for his attacks (except his A moves they're already animalistic lol) cuz' y'know... HE'S A WOLF! :laugh:
That actually sounds amazing, I don't know why I've never thought of anything like that before, Maybe while it's happening the codecs could appear on screen and each of the members could say something, that'd be pretty cool

Last edited:

AzulWolfSmash

Smash Rookie
NNID
SkyOkamiWolf
That actually sounds amazing, I don't know why I've never thought of anything like that before, Maybe while it's happening the codecs could appear on screen and each of the members could say something, that'd be pretty cool
Yea! Wolf can communicate orders to shoot the fighters to Panther & Leon and they could be talking to each other just like in Shulk's final smash where Rikki (not sure if I spelled that right lol) and Dunban tell each other "Don't mess up" or " Here I go" or something. We need to make this happen! share this or something! This is the PERFECT final smash for Wolf!! But I doubt Nintendo would do this. They could already be making Wolf a DLC character and are too late in development to change his final smash. I don't know. :ohwell:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
It's alright. Roy's one of my favorite characters ever, so I'm always super defensive of him.

We are on the same boat when it comes to Wolf, though.
Thats why i like using Ike. No sweetspot needed, just a straight up powerhouse.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Thats why i like using Ike. No sweetspot needed, just a straight up powerhouse.
Ike's also really cool, but I overall prefer Roy's superior mobility and the fact that his sweetspot encourages you to go up close and personal. I've also been maining him since Melee, so yeah.

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
For those of you who've read @PushDustIn's article, I couldn't agree with him more, Wolf isn't shoo-in, he's popular, sure, highly requested, sure, and likely to be included, sure, but for people saying that he's shoo-in, that's just not true. No character is shoo-in no matter what the case, i do see him as likely, but not a character that is shoo-in. Sorry to rant, I just wanted to get this message out.
Of course no character is 100% guaranteed, however to suggest Wolf isn't one of the most likely characters to return out of anyone on the other hand is ignoring a lot. The article had quite a few glaring omissions and flaws in its arguments which have been pointed out in the comments on reddit and the article itself.

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
Sheik was a big deal in OoT and OoT itself was a big deal to the LoZ series. Roy's game doesn't stand out in that same way.
Roy's game was one of the best FE games by the criticism.
The fans problem is because "Roy is not OP" in that game and others wants other character before a "Fire Marth".
Roy have great potential and could appear at FE Fates with his amiibo and redesign like Marth, Ike, Lucina and Robin.

----------------------------
About Wolf's article I have fear that he could be the next Mewtwo from Brawl, delayed by long time and being the great missing character from the last game. I don't wanna wait more.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Here's an interesting topic, What would it be like if Wolf became part of the Mario series and got to be in games like the New super Mario bros series, 3D Mario games, and Mario spin off games?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Here's an interesting topic, What would it be like if Wolf became part of the Mario series and got to be in games like the New super Mario bros series, 3D Mario games, and Mario spin off games?
Well I would be weirded out that in all this kid friendly land of fun and games, Is this menacing Anthro Wolf guy with razor sharp claws and teeth with a deep voice flying in a spaceship shooting lasers at everyone.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Well I would be weirded out that in all this kid friendly land of fun and games, Is this menacing Anthro Wolf guy with razor sharp claws and teeth with a deep voice flying in a spaceship shooting lasers at everyone.
Though he would actually give Mario a challenge due to his superior strength and air mobility. Bowser would wanna hire Wolf in a heartbeat.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Wow, I had the axactly same idea for quite a while now. But I always thought that would be too much. Glad I'm not the only one :awesome:

MaxBowser

Smash Rookie
Though he would actually give Mario a challenge due to his superior strength and air mobility. Bowser would wanna hire Wolf in a heartbeat.
I can confirm this :O
(Wolf is secretly my main wherever he's available, and I totally voted for him on the ballot)
(And I may be voting for him for president as well)

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
I'd just like to go back to the rogersbase prediction. I read his twitter and there are two new tweets I'd like to put some focus on. First he posted that:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
and a bit later this:
Now if you ask me this is suspicious. Alone the fact that Roger decided to record this episode instead of streaming it hints at that they must have talked about the new DLC and still want to be secretive about it. Add Shofu's own interest in Wolf and we might have another hint at Wolf's return.

Not claiming anything of this to be more convincing than previous leaks but it just makes you think, doesn't it?

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I can confirm this :O
(Wolf is secretly my main wherever he's available, and I totally voted for him on the ballot)
(And I may be voting for him for president as well)

Wolf would be a good president.
I'd just like to go back to the rogersbase prediction. I read his twitter and there are two new tweets I'd like to put some focus on. First he posted that:
and a bit later this:
Now if you ask me this is suspicious. Alone the fact that Roger decided to record this episode instead of streaming it hints at that they must have talked about the new DLC and still want to be secretive about it. Add Shofu's own interest in Wolf and we might have another hint at Wolf's return.

Not claiming anything of this to be more convincing than previous leaks but it just makes you think, doesn't it?
Yeah there could be a multitude of things that Shofu would consider crazy, we'll just wait this one out.

Last edited:

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace

Wolf would be a good president.

Yeah there could be a multitude of things that Shofu would consider crazy, we'll just wait this one out.
What is up with that image? I keep seeing it and wondering what that wolf on the left is supposed to be. Is that from some cringe worthy fanfiction or something?

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
This depicts what's going on with Smash at the moment. :sadeyes:

poponanawolf1.jpg

I mean like seriously poor Wolf and Ice Climbers. :(

Well, he wouldn't appear to be playable in Smash anyway if he's underrated and more or less irrelevant to the games.

Bowser is an anthro turtle/dragon, with menacing roaring and tough voice, sharp claws and chains, aswell as teeth and feet. Bowser also flies to space with flying ships and throws cannons at pretty much everything on his way, so...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
There is definitely something suspicious about Roger here. I am starting to doubt his "leaks" at all due to how suspicious his not uploading the new episode until later is.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
There is definitely something suspicious about Roger here. I am starting to doubt his "leaks" at all due to how suspicious his not uploading the new episode until later is.
I got one better

https://twitter.com/RogersBase/status/653110393481486336

He could have done this post one day after k rool suit got released why now?

Could be connected to the rumor since we are a weekish away from when the supposive rumor activates as fake or real.

(Its from the k rool support thread you will find it since you go they're.)

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I got one better

https://twitter.com/RogersBase/status/653110393481486336

He could have done this post one day after k rool suit got released why now?

Could be connected to the rumor since we are a weekish away from when the supposive rumor activates as fake or real.

(Its from the k rool support thread you will find it since you go they're.)
I saw that. I still don't find Roger to be trustworthy. That picture could mean one of many things. He could just be trolling, too, even though we are not completely sure of that.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Can you really have that many bananas on screen at once?
iirc the limit is 8 in training so yes.'
---
UPDATE:

So Roger is now backtracking as MyNintendoNews featured his rumor to prevent trouble. On the other hand, Stealth, apparently someone from GameFAQs who claims he has Smash news along with Roger, keeps flaming about others when others tried to ask for news, and claims that it is not Wolf.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Roger has indirectly stated it's not even Smash Bros. ballot related. I think people should stop pestering him.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
iirc the limit is 8 in training so yes.'
---
UPDATE:

So Roger is now backtracking as MyNintendoNews featured his rumor to prevent trouble. On the other hand, Stealth, apparently someone from GameFAQs who claims he has Smash news along with Roger, keeps flaming about others when others tried to ask for news, and claims that it is not Wolf.

Thoughts?
A reliable source won't flame others. It's all just hot air.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
If we do get a character on the 16th, and it's not Wolf, Wolf's likely done for, at least until around the release of StarFox 0 (which is what, next year?).

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
If we do get a character on the 16th, and it's not Wolf, Wolf's likely done for, at least until around the release of StarFox 0 (which is what, next year?).
This makes no sense. Why would a character be deconfirmed if they weren't released on a day some random guy (Not Nintendo) says?

Top Bottom