• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

petrichorcandle

Smash Cadet
>comes october 3rd
>ballot page taken down
>no announcement of winners
>sakurai: thank you for voting
>we will now tally the votes
>hasn't chosen the winners
>hasn't started developing the characters
>development team on holidays
"please allow an additional 12 months for character development".

Last edited:

petrichorcandle

Smash Cadet
even scarier scenario

>comes october 3rd
>wolf confirmed
>first must download system update
>error message: "system files corrupt"
>console bricked

knowing that wolf is playable but not being able to play him

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
even scarier scenario

>comes october 3rd
>wolf confirmed
>first must download system update
>error message: "system files corrupt"
>console bricked

knowing that wolf is playable but not being able to play him
>Wolf confirmed
>Tries to download
>Not enough money
>Realization that you are broke
>

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Logo12 Logo12 "Let's... hope for whatever. I dunno. I still don't expect a thing"
What's the matter? Scared? ...Sorry, I had to XD
Not really scared, just... hopeless... I mean... we have past so many points of potential DLC periods now... we still get nothing...

---

Btw, we reached 10k post.

I remember that one post that predicted (more like hoped but eh) we'll get Wolf before we reached this point, but apparently, thing's aren't really going that well for now...

or it's just that we suddenly get a lot of activity and new supporters
>Wolf confirmed
>Tries to download
>Not enough money
>Realization that you are broke
>
Actually... That would already be good enough for me. Even though I can't buy Wolf, I can know that now Wolf finally returns to the Smash Bros family or whatever you call it... And others can have it and do stuff with it too, so yeah.

It's not even like I can buy any DLCs for now...

and floor ice cream yeeee

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
It is no goo sign there is no news about a new stage or a character or Mii costumes on twitter. :/ Seems we only get the Mario Maker Stage. :( And I was looking forward on Sector Z.

Adamas

Smash Cadet
NNID
BackupAdamas
Wolf needs to pull away from Fox and Falco by having his own specials. Wolf is a mercenary. He gets to deal with black-market weaponry. Fox and Falco have their government issued weapons.

Falco and Fox make sense being somewhat similar. They have the same training and equipment. Falco just injects a bit of Italian rage and creativity into his execution.

Wolf is a different entity. His A attacks are already vastly different. His specials should be as well.

And all three should have different final smashes.
Star Fox is a mercenary group as well. Throughout the series, only the Star Fox group is seen using Arwings, while your allies (I.E, Bill from Star Fox 64) are piloting standard issue military aircraft.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
There's gotta more coming tomorrow. One stage and a couple of mii costumes shouldn't take an hour and a half.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Not really scared, just... hopeless... I mean... we have past so many points of potential DLC periods now... we still get nothing...

---

Btw, we reached 10k post.

I remember that one post that predicted (more like hoped but eh) we'll get Wolf before we reached this point, but apparently, thing's aren't really going that well for now...

or it's just that we suddenly get a lot of activity and new supporters
I think your small text is right. The more times Wolf has not been announced the more support this thread has got since people began to realize he wasn't as "obvious" as they thought. He's always had a lot of support but after Lucas a lot of people just figured Wolf must be next and will be announced well before the ballot ends. They took him for granted but with each passed opportunity more of these people have wandered in here.

I'll be honest, I was one of those people who hoped he'd be announced before this thread reached 10k. Wouldn't be the first time I thought he'd get an announcement though. Just about every chance Wolf's had I always hoped and at least believed a little bit. I even yet believe that this thread may become irrelevant in the next 24 hours despite no evidence of any such thing happening. I'm certainly hopeful of it and I want to believe what I hope.

In fact, a combination of being busy and believing Wolf is coming soon has kept me off of Smash. I don't really have the time nor desire to play it until we get a new DLC character. Part of the reason for this is pretty silly actually. I like to look at my character data and see my top 5 most used characters. I pretty much determine this by KO count however and every time I get 1000 KOs with a character I like to record the date and what they're KO to Fall ratio is as well as how much damage they've given too so I can figure what % damage they average a KO. Yes, I'm a bit crazy perhaps... but it gets worse. I actually stopped playing in part because I wanted to make sure Wolf is the fifth character on my "list". I've already gotten 4 characters to reach the 1000 KO milestone and Wolf is just such a beloved main that it wouldn't feel right if he wasn't the top 5 for me. I know if he was in the game from the beginning he'd have a 1000 KOs already and probably be my second most used again or at least way up there. See, I told you it gets crazier, heh. Pretty OCD I guess or something. It's not like I have to though, but it is convenient about now since I've been very busy anyways. Plus, it's kind of a way to keep my hope high. It's like a test or a superstition or something. I'm holding off on Smash and strengthening my belief in Wolf at the same time. I'm practically predicting his imminent arrival. It's like I'm setting the table for him before he's even said he'll come to dinner, lol. Pretty ridiculous, but I love the feeling of feeling so ready already... (wasn't that a lyrical little last sentence there~)

Morbi

Scavenger
I think your small text is right. The more times Wolf has not been announced the more support this thread has got since people began to realize he wasn't as "obvious" as they thought. He's always had a lot of support but after Lucas a lot of people just figured Wolf must be next and will be announced well before the ballot ends. They took him for granted but with each passed opportunity more of these people have wandered in here.

I'll be honest, I was one of those people who hoped he'd be announced before this thread reached 10k. Wouldn't be the first time I thought he'd get an announcement though. Just about every chance Wolf's had I always hoped and at least believed a little bit. I even yet believe that this thread may become irrelevant in the next 24 hours despite no evidence of any such thing happening. I'm certainly hopeful of it and I want to believe what I hope.

In fact, a combination of being busy and believing Wolf is coming soon has kept me off of Smash. I don't really have the time nor desire to play it until we get a new DLC character. Part of the reason for this is pretty silly actually. I like to look at my character data and see my top 5 most used characters. I pretty much determine this by KO count however and every time I get 1000 KOs with a character I like to record the date and what they're KO to Fall ratio is as well as how much damage they've given too so I can figure what % damage they average a KO. Yes, I'm a bit crazy perhaps... but it gets worse. I actually stopped playing in part because I wanted to make sure Wolf is the fifth character on my "list". I've already gotten 4 characters to reach the 1000 KO milestone and Wolf is just such a beloved main that it wouldn't feel right if he wasn't the top 5 for me. I know if he was in the game from the beginning he'd have a 1000 KOs already and probably be my second most used again or at least way up there. See, I told you it gets crazier, heh. Pretty OCD I guess or something. It's not like I have to though, but it is convenient about now since I've been very busy anyways. Plus, it's kind of a way to keep my hope high. It's like a test or a superstition or something. I'm holding off on Smash and strengthening my belief in Wolf at the same time. I'm practically predicting his imminent arrival. It's like I'm setting the table for him before he's even said he'll come to dinner, lol. Pretty ridiculous, but I love the feeling of feeling so ready already... (wasn't that a lyrical little last sentence there~)
I honestly feel the same exact way, you are not alone. My desire to play Smash has somewhat faded because the support for it has stagnated, yet I am sure that I will be back on tomorrow to check out the newest Mario Maker stage. I really want a new DLC character to mix things up though. Even if the next character is not Wolf, I might pseudo-main them (for a couple of weeks) just for a diverse experience. I also keep track of my stats and it just feels wrong seeing only two of the spacies in the top KO section. I am also antsy to see if he was redesigned. I do not even need to have him playable for another couple of months if I had the assurance that he is on the way.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I honestly feel the same exact way, you are not alone. My desire to play Smash has somewhat faded because the support for it has stagnated, yet I am sure that I will be back on tomorrow to check out the newest Mario Maker stage. I really want a new DLC character to mix things up though. Even if the next character is not Wolf, I might pseudo-main them (for a couple of weeks) just for a diverse experience. I also keep track of my stats and it just feels wrong seeing only two of the spacies in the top KO section. I am also antsy to see if he was redesigned. I do not even need to have him playable for another couple of months if I had the assurance that he is on the way.
Man, I've been believing for so long now. I'm ready for it to be realized, but I'm also ready to keep on believing in the future if I have to. Really, there's just so much going for Wolf. If you had to bet on one character, he's still the one even after this rollercoaster.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only crazy person that likes to record Smash data and stuff.

Oh, and nice sig. I've seen it a few times but now's a perfect time to mention that I like it.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
To be honest I've barely played Smash at all in these past few months. It just doesn't feel right without Wolf. In fact its kind of like my experience with Mario Kart 7. It was so incomplete without Waluigi that I just didn't enjoy it as much as I would have. Luckily Mario Kart 8 came around and rectified 7's mistakes. However Mario kart 7 didn't have DLC, Smash does.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
To be honest I've barely played Smash at all in these past few months. It just doesn't feel right without Wolf. In fact its kind of like my experience with Mario Kart 7. It was so incomplete without Waluigi that I just didn't enjoy it as much as I would have. Luckily Mario Kart 8 came around and rectified 7's mistakes. However Mario kart 7 didn't have DLC, Smash does.
I've been playing a lot of Smash until only recently. Really, it's mostly school and work that's keeping me off, but in the last month I've not been playing the game when before I'd turn it on for just an hour or late. Now I'd rather do something else or go to bed when it's late. Just saying though that part of this isn't just school and work, but because I don't want to play too much until we actually get Wolf or at least another DLC character. And part of me doing that is because I want Wolf to be my top 5 most used on my stats when I record them. That's where the crazy comes in. I can't ignore it's a factor though and holding off on Smash is strengthening my hopes for DLC.

But yeah, just because Wolf isn't around hasn't really stopped me playing Smash until just recently and only in part.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I really hope wolf is playable soon. It's so unfair that mewtwo, lucas and roy fans got their character right from the get go while wolf fans are kept in the dark.

Furret24

Smash Master
I really hope wolf is playable soon. It's so unfair that mewtwo, lucas and roy fans got their character right from the get go while wolf fans are kept in the dark.
Smash 4 came out in 2014 while every DLC character so far came out in 2015.

Your statement is false.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I feel the same. It's hard for me to play Smash 4 because I'm just sick and tired of waiting for not just Wolf, but for more content. Characters, stages, balance patches, Mii outfits, news, ANYTHING. It's just really hard to enjoy the game now, which is a damn shame because I love the game. Surely they've had time to work on at least one or two more characters since June 14th, but at this point, if we haven't been told about anything coming up, we're not going to.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
I like getting my hopes up. Makes me feel more positive and happy about things. Since Wolf is such a obvious character to put in as DLC, even if we don't get him one time, I have hope that we will get him the next time. I will continue this until Sakurai announces that DLC is finished.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
This update make no sense. Mario maker and smash are two incredibly popular nintendo games right now. You'd think adding a mario maker stage to smash would be pretty hype right? Yet nintendo hasn't given us any reminders about it at all since its announcement. The update is tomorrow, but we haven't heard anything about mii costumes or anything else. Finally, if we are just getting one stage, then why is the maintenance taking an hour and a half?

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
As long as Wolf gets confirmed at some point in time, I'll be happy. It will make waiting much easier if nothing else.

Furret24

Smash Master
This update make no sense. Mario maker and smash are two incredibly popular nintendo games right now. You'd think adding a mario maker stage to smash would be pretty hype right? Yet nintendo hasn't given us any reminders about it at all since its announcement. The update is tomorrow, but we haven't heard anything about mii costumes or anything else. Finally, if we are just getting one stage, then why is the maintenance taking an hour and a half?
Didn't update 1.0.8 take only an hour, yet we got multiple characters, stages, mii costumes, and a balance patch?

EIther this Mario Maker stage is crazy complex or there's something Nintendo ain't telling us.
upload_2015-9-29_20-3-3.jpeg

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
Every hour I wait I get more excited for the patch.
EDIT: Well, no character but at least we got stages.

Last edited:
Top Bottom