• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
I somehow doubt they'd let someone like Shofu get information no one else has access to, no offense to the man, but it just doesn't seem likely.
He did change his name but he still made a comment about it when he did.
I agree, that's why when I see the robertluigi3 or whatever guy mention Shofu in this supposed news, it's suspicious.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Because he loves Star Fox?
That may be. But in my honest opinion I think it's really suspicious he ONLY uses these quotes. Especially in a tweet where he's asked what the hell is going on, don't you think? There are far more memorable quotes to pick from.

As much as I want it to mean something, I'm a bit skeptical.
Welcome to the pack, in just a day you've posted more than I've done in weeks, well done.
Thanks. Well, I was quite active in other threads, too, so these posts rack up rather quickly ;)

AceArcana AceArcana , well if he eventually says something Wolfy, the hype would begin again for me. What is he referring to Shofu though?
You mean this #JapanTime thing? No idea, every guess I make is as good as yours.

Wait, rogersbase used to work for nintendo?
That's what I found.

http://youtube.wikia.com/wiki/RogersBase

There's a wiki for friggin' everything....

Well, however this might end it looks like I picked a good moment to join the boards xD

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
@Aviterius just had a thought --obviously Squirtle, Pichu, and Ivysaur are from Pokemon--they'd make a great PokePack! This is next-to-nothing to do with Wolf, but it would be kinda neat, it could be a last effort thing

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman

i am a photoshop god

Note: The only character in the peasant section I don't object to is K. Rool

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
LOL, I'm all for as many DLC characters as possible, but I want Wolf first if we only get them one at a time.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
I´ve been away from the net for 24 hours. GESUS, what are all these leaks?

@ Inkling or K Rool: Sounded a lot like Inkling at first, but I´m seriously thinking Inkling would be saved for Smash 5. They need to save SOME big guns for a new game. So I guess K roll? Or this **** is just made up and we just randomly get something and then they can claim: We told you. Without being specific at all.

@ Snake and Wolf: Doubting because: Omni and Shofu, as much as i WANT to believe this, why should they have some smash news we don´t know. But the quotes on twitter tho...

Damn, I´m officaly confused!

AND WHERE IS ETIKA WITH ALL THE NEWS. I need my hype...

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
@ Inkling or K Rool: Sounded a lot like Inkling at first, but I´m seriously thinking Inkling would be saved for Smash 5. They need to save SOME big guns for a new game. So I guess K roll? Or this **** is just made up and we just randomly get something and then they can claim: We told you. Without being specific at all.
Although I think K. Rool would be okay I can't really see him or the Inklings being added for some reason. It's just that K. Rool lost a lot of relevance within his own franchise for quite a while now. Inklings, I don't really know. It's a 30/70 chance if you ask me. They might be contenders because they represent one of the most successful franchises on the Wii U. Just for relevance it would make sense to add them but like you said, It would be a better choice to hold them off till Smash 5 to have a big newcomer. I mean it's not like their popularity will vanish until then.

Snake and Wolf: Doubting because: Omni and Shofu, as much as i WANT to believe this, why should they have some smash news we don´t know. But the quotes on twitter tho...
Well, both of them are youtubers just like rogersbase and pretty well connotated to smash in some way. Maybe because of that they somehow managed to convince him to tell his secrets...

I want Wolf first, but at the same time, I want Sakurai to save the best for last. So I am somewhat conflicted.
Nah, after all these months I'd really like to have my main back. Don't want to wait anymore. (PS. Your signature... I love that movie xD)

Last edited:

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Although I think K. Rool would be okay I can't really see him or the Inklings being added for some reason. It's just that K. Rool lost a lot of relevance within his own franchise for quite a while now. Inklings, I don't really know. It's a 30/70 chance if you ask me. They might be contenders because they represent one of the most successful franchises on the Wii U. Just for relevance it would make sense to add them but like you said, It would be a better choice to hold them off till Smash 5 to have a big newcomer. I mean it's not like their popularity will vanish until then.

Well, both of them are youtubers just like rogersbase and pretty well connotated to smash in some way. Maybe because of that they somehow managed to convince him to tell his secrets...

Nah, after all these months I'd really like to have my main back. Don't want to wait anymore. (PS. Your signature... I love that movie xD)
Didn't Omni just explicitly say Wolf and Snake are coming? I don't think Roger or whoever the supposed leaker is would take kindly to that, and Omni would lose those ties.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Talking about Shofu...
What do you think about that?:

It's Happening? :wolf::wolf::wolf::denzel:
Tino Tino

ayy
Yo... I bet Shofu knows something, as he got rid of #FreeWolf.
#THE shofu has been there before TBH5 or somethong
Wow. Stealth sounds like a ****
he said"If Shantae,K.Rool,and Wolf were confirmed,I would have hung myself by now"but also"they would have made it into SM4SH anyway"he later deleted them from his profile

I think we getting Isaac

Reason:Before E3 or before the Mega Man reveal a fan asked him"Are Mega Man,Geno,or Isaac coming to SM4SH"

Sakurai responded"2/3"(implying that Isaac/Geno will be DLC)
Sakurai deleted his comment/reply,but his tweet is still listed on his profile.

Here's a dank timeline by SmashBoards mod @BKupa666 :https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...s_a_rumor_spreading_around_that_a_new/cvrizgt (if anyone needs it OpieOp)(EDIT:added the true timeline creator:happysheep:)(DISCLAIMER:This is a link to Assassennerr's reddit post saying what @BKupa666 basically said:ness:)

Last edited:

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Didn't Omni just explicitly say Wolf and Snake are coming? I don't think Roger or whoever the supposed leaker is would take kindly to that, and Omni would lose those ties.
Maybe he doesn't care and uses his info to get some more popularity? But more likely is he doesn't know anything and he and Shofu just came to the same conclusion I did (regarding Wolf's imminent return).

OranGiraffe

Smash Cadet
NNID
OranGiraffe
Guys, let's be clear; Omni, Rogersbase, and Shofu are ALL just streamers/youtubers who have no connection to Nintendo. Omni's tweet was in response to the news that there are 3 new slots, and he just expects them to get announced, the tweet was just a prediction.
The only thing we know about Rogersbase so far is that he called Shofu to do a JapanTime. To talk about Wolf's chances? Definitely, but neither of them know anything about it. Shofu's a regular on that series (whose episodes are few and far between nowadays) so it makes sense to contact him about it.

All I'm trying to do here is prevent people from getting irritated at Roger or Omni for "falsely leaking" when really, Omni just likes to speculate and Roger's thing is to overhype small news to oblivion. Nothing wrong with that, but that's how he do.

Also AnonymousMoon AnonymousMoon I would love that so much. Please bring my babies :007::002: back Sakurai </3

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Guys, let's be clear; Omni, Rogersbase, and Shofu are ALL just streamers/youtubers who have no connection to Nintendo. Omni's tweet was in response to the news that there are 3 new slots, and he just expects them to get announced, the tweet was just a prediction.
The only thing we know about Rogersbase so far is that he called Shofu to do a JapanTime. To talk about Wolf's chances? Definitely, but neither of them know anything about it. Shofu's a regular on that series (whose episodes are few and far between nowadays) so it makes sense to contact him about it.

All I'm trying to do here is prevent people from getting irritated at Roger or Omni for "falsely leaking" when really, Omni just likes to speculate and Roger's thing is to overhype small news to oblivion. Nothing wrong with that, but that's how he do.

Also AnonymousMoon AnonymousMoon I would love that so much. Please bring my babies :007::002: back Sakurai </3
This makes more sense, thanks for the info. We reaching, boys.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I really hope they're just making things up. I've gotta be honest I DON'T want Inklings or Isaac. Both are just personality lacking avatars. If I want to play as such I play as a Mii.
Unlike the Inklings, I'm pretty sure Isaac is an actual character in the series, even though he's pretty much a silent hero. Anyway, I wouldn't mind if either showed up.....as long as :wolf: comes first. Anyone that comes after him is fair game for all I care.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Unlike the Inklings, I'm pretty sure Isaac is an actual character in the series, even though he's pretty much a silent hero. Anyway, I wouldn't mind if either showed up.....as long as :wolf: comes first. Anyone that comes after him is fair game for all I care.
Even Link "talks" more xD I played both of the GBA Golden Suns and all he ever did (in the first game) was nodding or shaking his head while all other characters interpreted a certain attitude in it. Sometimes you couldn't even progress as long as you didn't move your head accordingly... There wasn't really much to him. He was a great Assist Trophy though.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
So seeing as people are having this talk as to wether Shofu and other Youtubers have information we don't know about, I'm just gonna say this; I highly doubt Nintendo would just give them that kind of information.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
I really hope they're just making things up. I've gotta be honest I DON'T want Inklings or Isaac. Both are just personality lacking avatars. If I want to play as such I play as a Mii.
Oi(Bruh,Inklings are customized by you,THE PLAYERRRRR!!!!!11!!1!1.And can have imaginable,and reasonable moveset

Isaac has his Flash 2 moveset to use(heck he could have a fraking tether with his Grass Whip Thingy.

We could very well have these characters(maybe even in Smash 5(even tho,I don't think we will get a Smash 5))

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
These guys could just be trolls trying to tease us hungry Character rooters. If it's too good to be true, it usually is--BUT BOY DO I WANT THIS TO BE TRUE

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
These guys could just be trolls trying to tease us hungry Character rooters. If it's too good to be true, it usually is--BUT BOY DO I WANT THIS TO BE TRUE
That's why I said not to get ahead of myself until the evidence is proven.
Best of luck for Wolf, since he'll need it if he hopes to make the cut.
You should be here from time to time if you really support Wolf...and howl.

AAAWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH!!! :wolf::wolf::wolf:

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I wonder if Wolf & Snake are as wanted as Inkling, Isaac, and K. Rool--if not, this would give the leak more credibility as it's not simply"telling people what they want to here.
Yes, it's a weird thing to say but it's still more believable than if I said "Isaac, Inklings, K. Rool, Wolf, Snake, Pichu, Ice Climber are totes gonna be revealed!!" Either they're trying to troll a specific group of fans or they're somewhat legitimate.

edit: K. Rool fans have deduced the character to be either K. Rool or Inklings. Splatoon would make a lovely stage, but I don't know how an Inkling would be implemented moveset-wise

Last edited:

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
"A 8 or 9 in hype scale"
Duno´ guys, but Inkling would be around 5 or 6. Yes they are great, the game is well selling. But we all KNOW they will be in sooner or later (this Smash or in the next one).

If someone sets the hype scale this high, it can only be something that fans wanted for YEARS. Or something that was out of reach. But not a yourng new char. I like the Inklings, but I don´t think the leak is talking about them. And while I like SK and the female Genie., they don´t deserve a spot in Smash.

So, we are left with a either...

-) (a working pair of) ICE CLIMBERS (since the newest 3DS version seems to be far more powerfull than the old one)
-) the King himself: K. ROOL K. Rool I don´t need to explain. He has been wanted since BRAWL days.
-) RIDLEY. I´m seriouos. Fans asked forever. Maybe people OUTSIDE reddit or our polls still voted for him. Like massive. We don´t know what a lot of the younger audience is voting for, after all these Memes, maybe they catched up?! Or maybe Sakurai changed his mind on him, still haveing this much support in the ballot. Wouldn´t be the first time... Unlikely, but worth the "big hype"

I would include Snake or bomberman, but the leak said First Party, so...
Sadly, Banjo & Kazooie would have been big enough as well, but same issue.

True or not, Wolf will come after or might even be the next DLC. I still believe.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
The upcoming Diddy patch spans over an hour, DLC hype! /sarcasm (is this how we do it?).

The Wolf quotes still keep the Wolf false hope for me, but I don't think I believe any of the rumors. The evidence will only likely be when the actual character is on the Nintendo Shop.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The upcoming Diddy patch spans over an hour, DLC hype! /sarcasm (is this how we do it?).

The Wolf quotes still keep the Wolf false hope for me, but I don't think I believe any of the rumors. The evidence will only likely be when the actual character is on the Nintendo Shop.
So when exactly is the update again?

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
So when exactly is the update again?
"From Thursday, October 8, 2015 12:50 AM - Thursday, October 8, 2015 2:00 AM Pacific Time During the maintenance window, the following services will be unavailable. Wii U - Online Play, Rankings, etc. for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Nintendo 3DS - Online Play, Rankings, etc. for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS"

From r/smashbros.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Alright, guys. In the case that the next character is not Wolf, as disappointing as it would be, it would be great to remain good sports about it, no need to trash whoever made it in--congratulate the fans of said character and keep your head up high hoping for Wolf.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Oi(Bruh,Inklings are customized by you,THE PLAYERRRRR!!!!!11!!1!1.And can have imaginable,and reasonable moveset

Isaac has his Flash 2 moveset to use(heck he could have a fraking tether with his Grass Whip Thingy.

We could very well have these characters(maybe even in Smash 5(even tho,I don't think we will get a Smash 5))
I don't know about any fan-made content, but Isaac has a lot of moves in his own series to pull from, particularly with those Djinni of his.

And I believe that as long as Nintendo is making consoles Smash will continue to thrive. They know it's a hit series that nets them serious bucks, so they will continue to work on it. Nintendo would be foolish not to.

Alright, guys. In the case that the next character is not Wolf, as disappointing as it would be, it would be great to remain good sports about it, no need to trash whoever made it in--congratulate the fans of said character and keep your head up high hoping for Wolf.
Just do what I do: Say "good for them" and head back to the waiting room.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
So why is everyone assuming the character is inklings? Did they find they're sound files or something? I don't really keep up with leaks anymore.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
So why is everyone assuming the character is inklings? Did they find they're sound files or something? I don't really keep up with leaks anymore.
No idea. A lot of things are being said right now, so I'm just tuning out the background noise.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Well if it's any character besides wolf, i can't help but be disappointed. However if inklings are the next dlc, it'll give k rool fans some comfort in the fact costumes don't deconfirm characters. Still hoping for wolf tho. Also i don't buy that wolf k rool and bomberman leak. I'd be weird if they replaced snake with another character from the same company that's less popular than him. Thats like if they cut sonic and replaced him with the monkey from monkey ball.

Last edited:
Top Bottom