• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cant beat samus as bowser

Silask20

Smash Apprentice
I need someone to prove to me bowser is capable of beating a competent,cheesey, campy, veteran samus.

Was in a battle arena with high tier players and i was beating anyone until someone picks samus. Theres literally nothing i can do i cant approach but i cant not approach.

My DI reflexes are on point as well as getting in and over projectiles which works on a bad samus but a good samus expects me to do that and sets up for a fair or a bair or an Up B or alltogether calls my bluffs and keeps spaming.

I have several anti samus posts out there for this reason that its just not possible under the right circumstances for me to win. What exactly am i suppose to do.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Watch how you approach the Samus main, Samus mains tend to get a little carried away with spamming fair because they are expecting you to jump. Keep yourself calm and watch how the player reacts. If they run in for a grab bait them with shield side step and punish. If they spam missiles parry and then uses fire breath, because chances are they are waiting to set you up to do fair. How to beat a campy samus main is to be patient

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Bowser is quite fast for a character his size. You should, theoretically, be able to approach using shield to ward off smaller projectiles. The danger, as it is with anyone facing a competent Samus, is to predict their prediction of your response once you get closer. If you jump, they fair. If you remain grounded and shield, they will want to do a grab. It's a rough situation regardless but Bowser has the survivability to force the Samus player to relinquish the shooty shooty to try and commit to a kill option, since the only one Samus has from a distance is Charge Shot (Power missiles can but are highly unreliable on large characters).

If you can get in, make them fear throwing out too many projectiles, you should be good to get in some serious damage on Samus. She's combo bait and isn't exactly heavy, not like Bowser struggles to kill anyways. If Samus gets too bold by attacking your shield once you've invaded her space, up-b out of shield is such a 'get out of jail free' card for Bowser and deals decent damage while forcing Samus to have to try to repositon. Any time she's trying to get somewhere you have to be a wolf and bite at her heels. You've got the speed to outrun her since Samus is slow as balls and her air mobility doesn't lend to swift air movement, just watch out for bomb drop shenanigans.

Regardless, this is a bad match up for Bowser in general. Any good zoner will force him into a bad spot. If anything you may need to counter pick your character to deal with this match up.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Go to the bowser ultimate discussion.

post videos of your bowser in action(save your replays, convert them to video, turn switch off, take SD card out, put into your pc, look for the video files, then upload to youtube.) That is without question the best way for folks to spot your problems.

ask to face samus mains/dark samus mains on the samus board. DO NOT DISCONNECT ON THEM NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOU MIGHT MIGHT GET.
save those replays, and ask the samus mains there what you need to work on. But i'd advice you not to run in there yelling "I need to learn how to beat y'alls cheesy cheap spammy character" like you are here, cuz that won't get you anywhere.

If you want to improve, people will help you, but if you burst in with a bad attitude about it like you basically have in the other topic and this one, you'll just get ignored.

Also why not pick samus for several matches and get a feel for how she plays? when you learn what she can and can't(mostly can't) do in any given situation, and PAY ATTENTION to it, you might just learn how to capitalize on that situation as your bowser.

As A ganon main I know all the trouble and frustration you deal with and more against the samus's. you at least have a fast run speed for a heavy, are way heavier of a tank, and have an absolutely amazing OoS option with Up special. My main has none of that, but still has the huge hitbox that basically gives samus an easy target.

But I don't get so frustrated over the matchup that I go into a salt-induced rage over it, I accept the fact that it's always an uphill battle for my main, and I find whatever opening I can to do the most damage possible before they get away. And if I can't find that opening, than I just accept that the samus outplayed me, and covered their weaknesses too the point where I just couldn't exploit em. And that's the mentality you're gonna have to get into if you want folks to help you improve.

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Also play Samus, get inside the head of a Samus player, once you understand how Samus attacks you'll be able to predict set ups a lot easier.

Silask20

Smash Apprentice
Good advice in here i need to get the thing that lets me take videos so y’all can tell me exactly what im doing wrong.

I do have to agree that if the samus knows the ins and outs of their character and predicts my predictions for their movement then it is just a matchup impossibility that im being countered to hard by this character and whos behind it.

Ive even learned to utilize my fire mid jump to take care of rocket barrages which is very effective but it still isnt enough since my fire has limits and her rockets dont, good for tight situations though.

Go to the bowser ultimate discussion.

post videos of your bowser in action(save your replays, convert them to video, turn switch off, take SD card out, put into your pc, look for the video files, then upload to youtube.) That is without question the best way for folks to spot your problems.

ask to face samus mains/dark samus mains on the samus board. DO NOT DISCONNECT ON THEM NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOU MIGHT MIGHT GET.
save those replays, and ask the samus mains there what you need to work on. But i'd advice you not to run in there yelling "I need to learn how to beat y'alls cheesy cheap spammy character" like you are here, cuz that won't get you anywhere.

If you want to improve, people will help you, but if you burst in with a bad attitude about it like you basically have in the other topic and this one, you'll just get ignored.

Also why not pick samus for several matches and get a feel for how she plays? when you learn what she can and can't(mostly can't) do in any given situation, and PAY ATTENTION to it, you might just learn how to capitalize on that situation as your bowser.

As A ganon main I know all the trouble and frustration you deal with and more against the samus's. you at least have a fast run speed for a heavy, are way heavier of a tank, and have an absolutely amazing OoS option with Up special. My main has none of that, but still has the huge hitbox that basically gives samus an easy target.

But I don't get so frustrated over the matchup that I go into a salt-induced rage over it, I accept the fact that it's always an uphill battle for my main, and I find whatever opening I can to do the most damage possible before they get away. And if I can't find that opening, than I just accept that the samus outplayed me, and covered their weaknesses too the point where I just couldn't exploit em. And that's the mentality you're gonna have to get into if you want folks to help you improve.
I really feel for ganons who have to deal with this, since we do share similar struggles. You may even have it worse with your saving grace probably being your extremely well covered up smash. I cant imagine what youd do against an experienced spamus (and im talking about the ones who just run and drop bombs/shoot rockets and charge shots, only turning around to punish your advances when exposed) if you got videos for me id watch them

Top Bottom