• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't beat Pit...

Charlatan

Smash Rookie
I've tried a bunch. But, i cant seem to get past his ground blocking game. I main pit a bit, but i cant seem to beat my friends Pit anymore. I've tried with Marth a bunch of times, but the results are so close and i cant keep up for long. He keeps pulling out in the end. Is there anyone you guys have trouble with especially? Yeah i looked at the match up thread, but i want to ask again which characters do you guys have trouble against the most. I just cant seem to beat Pit anymore :( I think he's definetly going to end up in high tier. Anyways im open to learning new characters.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Well pushing passed this wall you've hit would be my first suggestion. However I understand how things can get. All-in-all G&W is really annoying for Pit. And Metaknight is extremely annoying. v_v I won't get into details as I'm sure you can figure out why these are the way they are.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
As for me, i have a serious weakness to super smashy wolf players or to a really good snake. Just because any sort of mess up by pit will put him in a world of hurt against snake. Not to mention snake can kill pit at 100%ish with his tilt attacks.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
metaknight is super annoying. Snake is also really annoying although just because it forces the pit to play really defensive its a somewhat even matchup (which is rare for snake) assuming the pit is playing really defensively.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I lost to a metaknight in the first tournament i attended (5 days after the game was released by a meta who got japans release), after that I've not lost a match to meta. Guess it depends on style of play. I have trouble w/ snake and a good marth personally. But other than that, not much.

henrytran

Smash Apprentice
A very good MK is just brutal. His small size annoyingly makes a big difference versus the arrow game. Pit's mind games are hurt by MKs high priority and ridiculous chaining attacks. At the most recent tournament I went to, the Pits (me included) beat a lot of the eventual highest bracket people, but the Pits lost sadly to the high level G&Ws and MKs.

Theorycraft is great with Pit, until you play the players at the top of the metagame with MK and G&W.

I'll use this emoticon to represent many top Pits in the presence of top MKs and G&Ws:

T_T

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
MK is ok if you have pratice with him. Light, so easy to kill. What i hate the most right now is snake. None of my friends uses him. I hate the continous up smashes next to edge. No idea how to play against him.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I still dont have very much trouble w/ the "good metaknight player" I've beaten eggz in friendlies (just recently lost a tournament set 2-3 though) , and jeremy (hes from skypal and took 3rd at the first tournament. Jeremy also played GW on me the 2nd round and i found that a match in favor of pit. Jeremy and sastopher took 1st in doubles w/ dual GW just pointing that out as well.

Point is I think MK is an even matchup.

Played Sastopher recently in a tournament... His GW is crazy good and i lost 0-3 so idk, rematch next week lol.

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
MK has a natural advantage over pit. I think it might just be the fact that you are better. His air attacks owns pit imo. I usually play super defensive and super annoying against a really good MK ( I do not mean arrows, over B, run).

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
everytime i play aggressive, I find myself fly off because of a Up B or get stuck in the tornado.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Tornado is weak on the upper half to arrows. Plus you can always f-tilt. Up-b... You're gonna have to watch out for that.

xarchangelzerox

Smash Rookie
The biggest problems I've had are G&W, MK, and Wolf. Wolf and G&W were played by a very aggressive friend of mine, but MK is another friend's only way to beat me. I toss him with almost every other character, but MK seems like such a natural counter with his air priority. This particular MK is very fast at grabbing, too.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yeah, the widest area of the whonado has lower wind speeds and therefore has less priority. Arrows can stop it completely.

EDIT: Oh and it not only stops it, but cancels it. Thus it kills his recovery. ^_^

Eggz

Smash Hero
i beat sagemoon in the only tournament set we played, but it was close and could have gone either way.

its even-ish, probably in MK's favor

Raynesypher

Smash Rookie
much respect given to sage and eggz for not bashing eachother like other people do their competition.... i main pit and my friend mains MK so i have good strats when it comes to MK but i've never played against a serious G&W... friends keep telling me to enter tourney's with my pit but i work mainly on the weekends :*(

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
first time you play metaknight its a pain but after you get use to his moveset I think the match evens out maybe slight metaknight favor but beatable.

Top Bottom