• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CANCELLED - New School - September 28th, 2013 - New York City, NY

bschung

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2981-6884-5065
Due to unforeseen circumstances with the venue, this event is indefinitely postponed. Sorry.
__________________________________________________​
In partnership with the New School Game Club,​
SmashTournament.com presents:​
Melee & Brawl
with Project M
September 28th, 2013
Parsons The New School for Design​
6 East 16th St. - 12th floor​
Manhattan, New York City, NY​

EVENTS:

Pro Brackets:
Melee 2v2, Melee 1v1
Brawl 2v2, Brawl 1v1
Project M 1v1

Amateur Brackets:
Melee 1v1
Brawl 1v1

SCHEDULE:

11:00 am - Venue opens
12:00 pm - 2v2 brackets begin
2:00 pm - 1v1 amateur brackets begin
3:00 pm - 1v1 pro brackets begin
11:00 pm - Venue closes

Please sign up for each event at least 1 hour before they begin.

LIVE STREAM:

Live streaming provided by CLASH Tournaments (http://www.twitch.tv/clashtournaments)

All guests are subject to one of the following venue fees.

Free - Spectator - no casual play
$5 - VIP Spectator Wristband - casual play permitted

Free - New School I.D.
Free - Amateur Wristband (very limited supply)
$10 - Pro Wristband

BRACKET ENTRY FEE:
All competitors are subject to the fee of each bracket that they wish to enter. All proceeds go to prize pots for each bracket's winners. Amateur entrants count as $5 each towards pot bonuses.

$10 - Pro Melee - 2v2 - per teammate
$10 - Pro Melee - 1v1
Free - Amateur Melee - 1v1 - capped entry

$10 - Pro Brawl - 2v2 - per teammate
$10 - Pro Brawl - 1v1
Free - Amateur Brawl - 1v1 - capped entry

$5 - Pro Project M - 1v1

Major credit cards / debit cards are accepted.

ABOUT AMATEUR BRACKETS & POT BONUSES:

Amateurs will play for free in a small bracket. Top 2 from Amateur will then advance to the bottom 2 seeds of the Pro bracket.

Each Amateur entry adds $5 towards a pot bonus for the Pro Brackets - courtesy of SmashTournament.com & the New School Game Club.

Amateur Brackets are strictly for brand-new players. SmashTournament.com & the New School Game Club are sponsoring the free Amateur entrants & the Pro pot bonus specifically to grow the community.

DISCOUNTS:
Sign in your equipment at front desk when you arrive. Discounts are given in cash at the end of the day.

$3 off - CRT TV
$2 off - Brawl Setup
$2 off - Melee Setup

PRIZE PAYOUTS:

1st place - 60% of Prize Pot
2nd place - 30% of Prize Pot
3rd place - 10% of Prize Pot

With over 40 entrants, top 4 places pay out.
With over 60 entrants, top 5 places pay out.

MELEE RULESET:

Game Settings: 4 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, No Items, Pause Disabled, 2/3 Games
(3/5 in Final Matches)

1v1 Starter stages: Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land
1v1 Counterpick Stage: Pokémon Stadium

2v2 Starter stages: Yoshi’s Story, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land, Pokémon Stadium
2v2 Counterpick Stage: DK 64

Match Procedure:
  1. First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
  2. Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
  3. Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.
  4. Any matches that are best of five, there are no stage bans.
  5. You may not choose a stage you have already won on.
Miscellaneous Rules:
  • Wobbling is legal.
  • Freezing and infinite stalling are not legal.
2v2 Rules:
  • Team Attack set to “On”
  • Life stealing is allowed.

BRAWL RULESET:

Game Settings:
3 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, No Items, Team Attack is On, Pause Disabled, Best 2/3 Games Per set (3/5 in Final Matches)

Starter Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Counterpick Stages: Battleship Halberd, Pokemon Stadium 1, Frigate Orpheon
Ledge Grab Limit: 35 Ledge Grabs

Match Procedure:
  1. First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
  2. Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
  3. Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.
  4. You may not choose a stage you have already won on.
If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:

In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).

If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 15 is used for all characters. The only other exception to this is the game ending from a Bowser or Ganon Suicide tactic, where the initiator of the move wins.

Miscellaneous Rules:
  • All infinite and chain-grabs are legal.
  • Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.
  • No scrooging (player may travel under the stage only once from the ledge)
  • If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
  • The act of stalling is banned: Stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinite's, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
2v2 Rules:
  • Team Attack set to “On”
  • Double Meta Knight is Banned.
  • Life stealing is allowed.
  • In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
  • In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
  • If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.
  • Game Procedures function the same way as above rules

PROJECT M RULESET:

To be announced.

ADDITIONAL RULES:
  • Any violence that happens on the premises of the event will have you warned or removed from the venue without a refund, and a possible ban may occur from future events depending on the severity of the act. This includes (but not limited to): Verbal abuse, discriminating actions (against bisexuals, transsexuals, homosexuals, African-Americans, or any other race or religion that can be deemed discrimination), extreme disrespect to women and men alike, fighting, and/or assault.
  • Collusion of any kind with your competitors is considered cheating. If the Tournament Director determines that any competitor is colluding to manipulate the results or intentionally underperforming, the collaborating players may be immediately disqualified. This determination is to be made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director. Anyone disqualified in this manner forfeits all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.
  • The times that are listed for when events start and signup are only there to give a estimate. They are not static times, and events can start earlier and later then listed. If you have any questions, feel free to call any of the tournament Organizers, or post a question.
  • These rules are subject to change leading up to the event date.
  • The Tournament Organizer(s) reserves the right to remove you from the venue at his discretion for any reason.
  • Coaching DURING games is strictly prohibited. Players may assist in advice BETWEEN matches only.
  • All rules and regulations are at the discretion of the tournament organizer(s). If there are any disputes, the tournament organizer(s) have the right to make a final decision on the on going problem to come to the most efficient solution available. All rules made by the tournament organizer(s) are final, and having disputes with the ruling can have a result having the player removed from the venue without a refund.
  • The Tournament Organizer and his assistants, and any persons helping run the event may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event. Nor will the Tournament Organizer, the venue, its owners, affiliates, employees, members, sponsors, or volunteers be held liable or responsible for any injury or harm that may befall a person during the course of this event. By entering the venue during the posted date you are displaying your agreement with this policy.
Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification and all violations will be delivered at the discretion of the TO.

STAFF CONTACT INFO:

Brian: 201-560-2136 - Facebook - Twitter
Riddge: 201-334-2659 - Facebook

Brought to you by:

Senortesta

Smash Apprentice
Ehh maybe. Its during school stuff and I don't like riding the train.

xXGeeXx

Smash Cadet
- If Anyone Lives Close I'll Ask My Older Brother To Give You Guys A Ride If You Want (Bronx & Manhattan Only) ?

bschung

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2981-6884-5065
Going over some final details with the venue tomorrow. RJ and I will post the full rulesets and make the Facebook event page after that!

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Quite a big Venue! So anyways, will Melee be streamed?

If not, i'll stream it. I have my laptop, an internal webcam for the commentators, and one USB webcam for the players. I think someone needs to bring another. Also, is it ok that i setup my wii with the Stream TV and use my component cables so i can use my roxio?

iRJi

Smash Champion
Quite a big Venue! So anyways, will Melee be streamed?

If not, i'll stream it. I have my laptop, an internal webcam for the commentators, and one USB webcam for the players. I think someone needs to bring another. Also, is it ok that i setup my wii with the Stream TV and use my component cables so i can use my roxio?
We will keep you updated if we need an additional Stream for Melee. We actually might need one, but I just want to confirm before I say yes. In terms of Brawl, The Wii used has to be from the Smashtournament Company, as it is the standard for our events and is customized for them. Brawl will also be streamed by Clashtournaments.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
We will keep you updated if we need an additional Stream for Melee. We actually might need one, but I just want to confirm before I say yes. In terms of Brawl, The Wii used has to be from the Smashtournament Company, as it is the standard for our events and is customized for them. Brawl will also be streamed by Clashtournaments.
ok but for me to stream i could use my roxio or someone can bring in splitters

bschung

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2981-6884-5065
Due to unforeseen circumstances with the venue, this event is indefinitely postponed. Sorry.

Top Bottom