• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canadian Tournaments

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I'm aware that America is getting four tournaments this Saturday, but when will Canada be getting there tournaments?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Canada has never gotten a tournament from Nintendo and I wouldn't expect one anytime soon =/ Nintendo of America on the other hand has held two Melee tournaments, multiple Pokemon tournaments, and this upcoming Brawl tournament.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I heard Toronto might have some, but that's only if you pre-ordered at a participating store.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Sometime local malls and stores have small "town" tournaments....at least here in Hamilton ON they do

Don't expect any large scale tourneys though......

>_>.....yay for online tournements? :)

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
Well that sucks...

I'm Canadian and I live in Toronto and I haven't heard anything about tournaments here yet...maybe I missed something. It sucks that Canada never gets the love that America gets when it comes to...everything.

Erik McLennan

Smash Cadet
Yeah, it would be really awesome if there were some pre-release tourneys in canada! I've got my game pre-ordered from the EB in a mall in St. Catherines though, so I don't think there's much shot at a tournament/midnight release

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it would be really awesome if there were some pre-release tourneys in canada! I've got my game pre-ordered from the EB in a mall in St. Catherines though, so I don't think there's much shot at a tournament/midnight release
I know people are gonna disagree (as I'm sure it's not the same anywhere else) but my local EB is probably one of the least reliable sources for Video Games in my city. I've pre-ordered games from both them and a privately owned game store called Gamerama multiple times and both have always had problems. Either getting the games late, not getting them at all, or getting them and then selling them to other people!

It's horrible. The last straw was Pokemon Diamond (and then later Pokemon Battle Rev. and Super Mario Galaxy) where neither of the two had the game on time. Then, I went upstairs and Toys R' Us not only had them early, they had tons of them on the shelf. I got all three games there first thing in the morning and I preordered Brawl there about a month ago - I have faith that they wont be disappointing me.

But yeah, I hope someone, somewhere does something in Canada - we're just as good at the game!

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Ya i would love to have a tournement here in my area but i doubt it will happen bums are lazy and dont do anything but at least they get games on time.

Vwins

Smash Ace
I will probably do some brawl tournament near montreal when it will come out :). So you guys will need to come in Quebec :p. Anyway you will probably see brawl tournament organized by the smash community in Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal for the east cost like in melee.

Top Bottom