• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada to Suffer from Withdrawls?

Elfteiroh

Smash Rookie
Well, maybe it could help to tell you that Mario Galaxy is translated in french and came out at the same time that in the US... So I don't think Brawl would get delayed for this...

(first post! I registered to say this lol)

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Well, maybe it could help to tell you that Mario Galaxy is translated in french and came out at the same time that in the US... So I don't think Brawl would get delayed for this...

(first post! I registered to say this lol)
Thanks for stopping in just to give us a little more hope. Greatly appreciated :).

cynar

Smash Apprentice
Games are never delayed in Canada due to the French. This is all FUD due to some paranoia about retailers moving around their dates in the database which happens quite often.

C00P

Smash Cadet
Microplay is only small compared to big box stores or evil corperations... it's actually a rather large chain based heavily in montreal. I work in an Ontario one but we still have the official word 99% of the time on games. We are in touch with many big distributors. This is where it's important. Our distributors would have said something by now. We have pre-orders starting and have already been told we would receive our copies before Feb, 10.

Trust me... Feb 10th... keep wasting your time if u don't believe me, but I wouldn't waste my time feeding bull**** to you guys.

Elfteiroh

Smash Rookie
Thanks for stopping in just to give us a little more hope. Greatly appreciated :).
Hey! I always say that we can't live without hope! :chuckle:
I was lurking a little bit... (mostly when someone posted a link to these boards on IGN's boards) Now that I'm registered, I'll post sometimes too. :p

Back on-topic: I really doubt it would get delayed again, and it's even less likely to be delayed only here... Oh, and many US websites list this date too... It's just a stupid mistake... probably one retailer made a mistake, and another one, seeing this thought that the first one had some insider info and changed his date too... It could really be something like this. :urg:

C00P

Smash Cadet
P.S. EB is the evil corperation... loved them until they started pushing 5 million pre-orders on me. Used to be actual gamers that worked there... now it's just people who can run a cash register and read release dates off their computer.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Trust me... Feb 10th... keep wasting your time if u don't believe me, but I wouldn't waste my time feeding bull**** to you guys.
Dude, I already said that I completely believe you. I'm just saying there's no reason to close the thread while there are still some places that are posing a potential problem.

Elfteiroh

Smash Rookie
P.S. EB is the evil corperation... loved them until they started pushing 5 million pre-orders on me. Used to be actual gamers that worked there... now it's just people who can run a cash register and read release dates off their computer.
OMG! So true! I have a friend that got a job there, only because she owned a current generation console... She don't even know what are the names of the games she play, ang don't understand anything in english. :psycho:

I know a lot of non-gamers persons that will never go there anymore because when they ask a question to the clerk, he always answer something untrue and/or can't find the game when it's in front of him. :ohwell:

C00P

Smash Cadet
My bad... I'm just edgy cause I want this **** game released.

And I'm used to people on this board instantly dismissing info... true or not. You're right... the dates exist elsewhere so this thread should stay

Card

Smash Lord
Thanks man. I think I'm going to call the EBGames that's nearest my parent's house. It's the biggest one I've ever seen, but it's in a smaller city (I'd call it a big town). See what I get there.
Alright, I have returned with my findings... good news to say the least!

Here are the stores I have called in Montreal, and what their answers were
(Note: Montreal and Quebec is probably the place in Canada most likely to have this 'supposed' delay due to the whole French translation thing)

EB Games - February 10th
HMV - February 10th
Best Buy - February 10th (Get this... I told the clerk on the Website that it said March 31st and he said that was Impossible, it's going to be released on Feb 10th)
Future Shop - February 10th-12th
Game Buzz - February 10th

I also tried calling Wal-Mart, but they are retardedly busy, so I just didn't bother. (I don't even want to go buy it there... that place is a veritable zoo)

So... yea. I think this rumor is debunked? We got nothing to worry about, we'll be Brawling on February 10th like the rest of North America.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Glad to hear that Card.

Unfortunately, the EBGames I just called also said March 1st. The guy I was talking to had no real idea why though: he just gave the generic answer of "oh there could be a number of reasons...".

Also, Amazon.com doesn't ship Brawl outside of the US.

So let's just hope Microplay and Montreal aren't lying to us :)

Card

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, the EBGames I just called also said March 1st. The guy I was talking to had no real idea why though: he just gave the generic answer of "oh there could be a number of reasons...".

Also, Amazon.com doesn't ship Brawl outside of the US.

So let's just hope Microplay and Montreal aren't lying to us :)
Ok well... Your comment got me a little uneasy so in Inquired into calling multiple EB Games in my area.

EB Games 0: February 10th (the one from my previous post)
EB Games 1: March 1st
EB Games 2: March 1st
EB Games 3: March 1st (Says because they are adding Sonic that's why it's delayed LMFAO)
EB Games 4: February (but does not know the exact date . . . . . . . )
EB Games 5: March 1st

Clearly something is completely MESSED up in the system.......
I think I'll just avoid EB Games... Apparently one of the clerks told me the release date was given to them directly from Nintendo. I told him that contradicts the official website, and he had no idea what to say.

Gonna go to Game Buzz I think... they import all their stock from the US Anyways

blink777

Smash Journeyman
I'm sending an email to Nintendo Canada to see if they can shed some light on the situation. However, I may be away for a while, so it might be a good idea if other people could contact them as well (to pass on the info).

Drake3

Smash Ace
...Definitely avoiding EB. Or wait. If everyone believes it and it turns out to be false, then they'll have plenty of stock. Still, probably just gonna go to Bestbuy.

Card

Smash Lord
I'm sending an email to Nintendo Canada to see if they can shed some light on the situation. However, I may be away for a while, so it might be a good idea if other people could contact them as well (to pass on the info).

Sure, just copy / paste the e-mail you sent, as well as the contact information so that way other people could do the same.

Zeta_Stryker

Smash Rookie
Well, here in Washington (western U.S). We don't go by EBGames anymore. As it's usually GameStop (hence the merge). And the dates still point towards February 10.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Fellow Canadians, here me out! EB Games, Best Buy and Future Shop have posted Brawl's release date to be March 1st, and March 31st respectively. Being Canadian, this is rather disappointing to here! Now, this could just be that the companies didn't check the official release, but saw it was Q1, and put the first and last days of March.
Think that's bad? Europe has no release date at all, I'm begining to accept the fact that we won't get it until june/july of this year......suddenly March doesn't seem so bad anymore.

Zeta_Stryker

Smash Rookie
Well, until I see full confirmation by Nintendo which's reported on sites like; IGN Wii, QJ Wii, or GameSpot Wii -- this will prove to be fake otherwise.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
...Definitely avoiding EB. Or wait. If everyone believes it and it turns out to be false, then they'll have plenty of stock. Still, probably just gonna go to Bestbuy.
Their site says septmber 30 (unless if he changed it)

EDIT: My computer is messed up :\

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
Ok, good news, March 1st is a mistake! Apparently closer to the date of Feb 10th the date will go down to the proper release. I called EB Games again and someone else told me this.

D

Deleted member

Um... I'm gonna get mine at Walmart. I don't think I'll have to worry about it much though.

icymatt

Smash Lord
HERE IS A FACT TO CLOSE TO THREAD PLEASE!

I work at a Microplay (Canadian Videogame Chain) and we are getting it feb 10th. There has been ZERO... absolutely Zero indication of a delay. I have discussed with the owner of getting my hands on it the second we get the shipment so i'll be sure to post when this happens.

Bottom line... Feb 10th is brawls release... and yes HMV had flyers printed with the same date. Suck my balls EB, Best Buy and Future Shop... LONG LIVE THE LITTLE GAMESTORE!
Cool. I actually preordered my copy of Brawl at my local Microplay.

Camalach

Smash Apprentice
I just preordered my Brawl at my local Canadian EB games and they said the earliest date they could possibly get it would be March 1st. They also said that the date is a place holder for a definitive longer delay. They were probably just incorrect but they seemed very sure of themselves.

Voldey

Smash Rookie
Yah its quite apparent that stores are getting their dates mixed up. A friend of mine msned me last night telling me there was another delay just because they were having coffee with the assistant manager of an eb games here in edmonton and he said it was comming out in march now. I don't know whats up with all these false dates.

Top Bottom