• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada to Suffer from Withdrawls?

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Fellow Canadians, here me out! EB Games, Best Buy and Future Shop have posted Brawl's release date to be March 1st, and March 31st respectively. Being Canadian, this is rather disappointing to here! Now, this could just be that the companies didn't check the official release, but saw it was Q1, and put the first and last days of March.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Express delivery for me if it doesn't come (Buffalo is close to Toronto).

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
Wow, I live in Windsor, too.

But I am guessing these stores just don't know.

I will stay overnight at BestBuy on Feb. 9th-10th. in Windsor.

Genesai

Smash Apprentice
Omfg noooooo!!!!!!!!! When did they say the release date was march 1st? My EBG said feb 10. wtf is going man horrible news :(

Zek

Smash Ace
It's true, if you look at the Canadian sites you can see they've pushed back the release date. Seems like it could be a Canada-only delay for whatever reason. I have a really hard time believing that these stores would just make this stuff up and scare away customers for no reason. Maybe Nintendo is focusing all its supplies on America to meet demand?

T-major

Smash Champion
Wow, I live in Windsor, too.

But I am guessing these stores just don't know.

I will stay overnight at BestBuy on Feb. 9th-10th. in Windsor.
Im glad I live in Windsor I can just go to Detriot (also I think it wrong either way no harm done for me.)
people in Windsor!? :D

but yeah. I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure it's just a error or something.

Genesai

Smash Apprentice
I sure as hell hope it's just a mistake or stupidity of the company i'v waited too long for brawl for another delay...i'd die >_<

London ontario btw-.- very close to windsor.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
It's true, if you look at the Canadian sites you can see they've pushed back the release date. Seems like it could be a Canada-only delay for whatever reason. I have a really hard time believing that these stores would just make this stuff up and scare away customers for no reason. Maybe Nintendo is focusing all its supplies on America to meet demand?
That wouldn't make sense because they would make the same sales in Canada, and the Canadian retailers would likely buy the game. Terrible marketing choice by Nintendo, because it's not like the PAL difference.

If you have an HMV their site says Feb 10
As much as I'd like to believe this, HMV is NOT credible at all in terms of video games, and that's the US site probably.

The US Best Buy site says Feb 10th btw!

clockwerkz

Smash Rookie
oh jeeze, i hope not
ive had this game pre-ordered from my EB since july...
and a Canada only delay would make no sense...

blink777

Smash Journeyman
As much as I'd like to believe this, HMV is NOT credible at all in terms of video games, and that's the US site probably.
Nope, the Canadian site says 10/02/08... But I agree, I don't believe it either.

I'm like... inches away from ordering over Amazon. I don't have a car, so getting to Buffalo is a problem.

Zero_P

Smash Ace
I highly doubt that it will come out that late. When I was looking for SMG that date said dec.17. wtf? rofl no I got it like 3 days after it's american release date

Genesai

Smash Apprentice
Best Buy Canada:

INVENTORY STATUS DESCRIPTION
Product Availability Definitions

In Stock: Usually ships next business day.
This is an estimate only and means that BestBuy.ca will ship the product as soon as we confirm that stock is available and your order is processed.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes because of shipping the game is slightly delayed and i think they are using march 31st as an estimated "waiting time cap"...but then again thats just my wishful thinking what are your thoughts?

cynar

Smash Apprentice
Not just Canada, several US sites have also changed their listing for Brawl's release to March 1st/March 31st. GameFLY and Gamecrazy being the two that pop off the top of my head. Canada will get the same around the same time as the US like always.

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt that it will come out that late. When I was looking for SMG that date said dec.17. wtf? rofl no I got it like 3 days after it's american release date
Yea, same with me regarding Galaxy. We typically get games a few days after the American release(I think if pre-ordered, one may be able to get it the same date. Correct me if I'm wrong.), but I doubt we'll see a delay such as that.

The games complete, no reason to delay it.

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
This has never happened before, and it's **** unlikely that it would occur with such a high-profile game... but... Hell, if it's true, I'm terribly triggered. My pre-orders been on file since September, but if this is a real scare, then I'm gonna' rush down there and try to pull my cash on back. There's a Microplay nearby here, and if I'd've known this would happen, rest assured they'd have my cash instead...

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
People, please, STOP TRUSTING GAME STOP/BEST BUY/WHATEVER. You will be able to get Brawl on the American release date. I assure you. Canada has the same region coding as America.

zigzagitry

Smash Rookie
I just thought of the reason for the delay...it's to make packaging and manual compliant for those of a Canadien persuasion.

Gawd I hate the French.

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
People, please, STOP TRUSTING GAME STOP/BEST BUY/WHATEVER. You will be able to get Brawl on the American release date. I assure you. Canada has the same region coding as America.
It's easy to just shout that, when you're guranteed playing it on Feb. 10th. If your realm got thrown into the same situation, you'd be worried.

That being said, you're totally right. Let's give it a day or so, and see if it gets sorted out.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
It's easy to just shout that, when you're guranteed playing it on Feb. 10th. If your realm got thrown into the same situation, you'd be worried.

That being said, you're totally right. Let's give it a day or so, and see if it gets sorted out.
I wouldn't be worried if I were in Canada, because like I said, Canada has the same region coding as America. Even if Canada does get a delay (and I bet you my life it won't), you can get an American copy. Fret not, my moosey friends. :)

blink777

Smash Journeyman
I just thought of the reason for the delay...it's to make packaging and manual compliant for those of a Canadien persuasion.

Gawd I hate the French.
Hmm... good point. Bar hating the French for it. Careful, they might be listening.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Oh, no. No, no, no.

I doubt that this is accurate. Than again, it's a fine line between faith and denial.

Oh, well. I'm perfectly willing to drive an hour to the US and pick it up there. To the rest of you, it's not that hard, though it is inconvenient, to just order from an American site and pay the shipping costs.

It won't matter though, since I think it unlikely that this is right, like IWontGetOverTheDam said.

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
More than a month and a half to transcribe a few pages of information, and toss around a couple lay-outs? I don't think so.

Not to mention, a lot of American games are printed with french and spanish now too - We're likely going to get a near-identical package.

-----

Best Buy has added this to their description, stating "Please Note: Release date subject to change without notice."
This is likely a ploy to keep people from pulling back on their pre-orders, under the circumstances.

Svatos

Smash Cadet

I did find this on a canadian site http://www.hmv.ca/hmvcaweb/en_CA/displayProductDetails.do?sku=1213945, your right about the fact that it is a CD store, but when i see its the only site with the right date, I wonder if its the place to buy (my town doesnt have a best buy)

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
To those of us with a pre-order, this is a huge beatdown though. So much for "Beat the lines, pre-order your game today! Be sure to get it on the day it comes out!" Fut, I say!

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
THank goodness business doesn't have boundaries right?

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
ATTENTION EVERYONE!

Release dates for the US are called NA release dates. You know why? NA=North America. It is not a US-only release. Everybody stop trusting Best Buy and such. Even if Canada's release date was delayed then you can just get an American one, Canada's Wii's are not region locked against US games. So my fellow Canadians: STOP WORRYING ABOUT IT!

/thread

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
That wouldn't make sense because they would make the same sales in Canada, and the Canadian retailers would likely buy the game. Terrible marketing choice by Nintendo, because it's not like the PAL difference.

HMV doesn't exist in the US. Everywhere but actually. And a lot of electronics come out at a later date for Canada recently, but I am going to go to my EB Games (they told me March 1st is the date about a week ago) to see if I can get them to find some proof on this. A long argument should do. Maybe it will lead to them calling Nintendo or something. Because the Canadian Nintendo site says February 10th, and they have the later date for Mario Galaxy on their site (Nov 14th). Besides, EB Games is always wrong and usually Future Shop and Best Buy get things like that late or screw up somehow. When I pre-ordered Galaxy they said Nov 13th, so, we'll have to wait and see. Or maybe I could call Nintendo of Canada myself.

pirkid

Smash Lord
Lol, my online shipment reserve at Best Buy says September 30, so I'm deciding not to trust gaming websites for dates anymore, especially after that Wal-Mart incident...

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
ATTENTION EVERYONE!

Release dates for the US are called NA release dates. You know why? NA=North America. It is not a US-only release. Everybody stop trusting Best Buy and such. Even if Canada's release date was delayed then you can just get an American one, Canada's Wii's are not region locked against US games. So my fellow Canadians: STOP WORRYING ABOUT IT!

/thread

Hahah. Well thank you for posting this much-needed info, but on top of what you said, I'm also quite sure there's no difference between a US Wii and a Canadian Wii. There isn't a reigon difference between the two.

Anyways, this thread is ridiculous. Of course Canadians are getting it the same time as Americans. We always do, and we always will. The most I've had to wait is about a day's difference. So I hope we can all simmer down. XD

Drake3

Smash Ace
Whatevs man, I never trust their release dates anyway. I don't think I've ever seen a Canadian delay in my life. I've seen Wal-Mart delays but that's about it.

Besides, Bestbuy's site says estimated release date and Release date subject to change without notice. .

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
THank goodness business doesn't have boundaries right?

That's irrelevant, because Brawl will, I repeat will launch in Canada AND America on Febuary 10. You will be able to get it at your local Game Stop/EB Games/Best Buy/Wherever. Boundries have nothing to do with the conversation.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
ATTENTION EVERYONE!

/thread
This. We're getting on the 10th. The websites just don't know what the hell they are writing.

Top Bottom