• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada, [BC], Okanagan

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
Hey there, fellow smashers! I've seen two Canada threads, and a bunch of other world wide threads, but from what I've seen out of the Canada threads there are very few of us in the Okanagan.

The reason I'm making this thread is just that; there are very few of us. None of my good friends play Super Smash Brothers, and the ones that do aren't really very good. There's hardly ever any tournaments around this area, so if this topic will help kickstart a chain of them, then I'd be nothing but pleased. However, this doesn't have to be for strictly tournaments. Someone could be looking for some smash buddies but don't know anyone personally, so they could check this thread.

Whatever helps!

If you're unaware of what the Okanagan is, it's a district consisting of the following towns:

* Armstrong
* Coldstream
* Enderby
* Falkland
* Kelowna
* Lake Country
* Lavington
* Lumby
* Oliver
* Osoyoos
* Oyama
* Peachland
* Penticton
* Spallumcheen
* Summerland
* Vernon
* Westbank
* Winfield

If you leave near any of those towns, you may as well throw yourself into this thread :D

As of right now I'm just curious to see how many of us there are, then later on I will see if it's possible to hold a tournament or if anyone is willing to. So please, if you're from these areas and are a Smasher, leave where you're from and what not.

I'm from Armstrong and I go to PVSS (Pleasant Valley Secondary School [Grades 9-12].

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Interesting... i know one person whos wanting to play some people in the area who lives in Vernon... his name is Cyris_P on smashboards... i think theres a good 5-10 people in Vernon who play smash last time i heard.... if i happen to travel though there again i might drop by... ;)

Ill tell him about this thread im sure he will be most pleased :)

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
Blunted_object10 said:
Interesting... i know one person whos wanting to play some people in the area who lives in Vernon... his name is Cyris_P on smashboards... i think theres a good 5-10 people in Vernon who play smash last time i heard.... if i happen to travel though there again i might drop by... ;)

Ill tell him about this thread im sure he will be most pleased :)
Awesome! Armstrong is roughly a 10 minute drive away from Vernon, so locating them for a few quick matchups or tournaments wouldn't be hard at all.

Cyris_P

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the tip on this one Eric

Yo MDZ, I'm Chris, I live downtown Vernon. We've got a decent crew here of about 12, though we're always coming and going, so at any given time I'd say there's about 4 of us to smash. We're no DBR, but we can all WD, shffl and all that jazz. I'll email you with more details so we can meet up and match up. Ciao.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Well if u guys want u could come to the Tournament here on July 1st.. its about 4hr - 6hr drive but its worth it... you get to vs KEN and CHU DAT! ;)

Of course if u want to come ill need to see your skillz...

Also i know one other smasher in Kelowna and i think theres a whole crew there too.. but i havent heard from them since like 1 year ago... :ohwell:

Recent NEWS: I heard someone here is moving to Kamloops in 2 months or so for 1 year... Another player ;) His name is Jordon and has a smashboards account, but doesent use it much.

I havent even played him yet, but ive seen him play.. hes ok at the game..

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
I live in Kelowna and I love smash... But sadly enough only recently (last week) have I actually started to learn advanced things like wavedashing... Actually wavedashing is the only one I know how to do, but I only use it for grabbing ledges and waveshielding.

Why I'm in the tournament section I'll never know.

robyextreme

Smash Ace
I go up to Kelowna every while.. maybe I'll get to play smash the next time I head up there. I remember one pretty good Ness player who lives there.

jacer

Smash Cadet
NNID
thejacer87
hey man ... i live in kelowna... looks like you havent been in this thread for a while o well

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Yeah K-towns smash seen isn't that good.
I've asked around but there really aren't to many tourney level players in town. There are a few ssb64 players. I played one at melee on the 20th and he was a melee n00b. But it's a tourist town and last year there was a big rack of smashers in here. (a few "big MLG names" but not quite enough to beat me.)Didn't follow it this year but the 06 summer was a good one. Finally had a challenge. Had to look hard for it though.

and Jacer
We should meet up sometime. TimD and I have gone at it a couple times so maybe if we dig a little we can find some depth in this city. There's some smashers a Kato Uni. in the animation dep. (I heard through a freind) but I haven't looked into it yet. Hopefully there's a small group of competitives in there somewhere.

robyextreme: PM me next time you're gonna pass through ;)

Dynamism

Smash Lord
:urg::(:mad::psycho:
doodeedoo, dead up hear lol

I'm just gonna bump this to see if anyone is ALIVE?!?!?!?
haha, my disk fried and I'm in smash withdrawl right now
:(:psycho::mad::urg:

T_D went to live with Cao in aussie for a while, Hotztuph is nowhere to be found anymore, Jumble retired...Where's that Inuy guy that was looking for K-towners last month? And Jacer, you bum, haven't seen you in ages. lol Go Oilers!! ;) My disk is dead, my Wii's getting repaired, I haven't had an hour of freetime at once yet in 2008. This place is a downer...

can't wait for June when I can relax and FINALLY Brawl :p

Zyfe

Smash Rookie
Wow, not a lot of people play smash seriously in the Okanagan.

I only know of myself and two of my friends that are maybe semi-ok at the game, by that I mean we all wavedash and l-cancel and know most of the techniques and use them.

It would be cool to find some other people that are fun to play with and enjoy smash as much as we do, especially with Brawl coming soon!

jacer

Smash Cadet
NNID
thejacer87
:urg::(:mad::psycho:
doodeedoo, dead up hear lol

And Jacer, you bum, haven't seen you in ages. lol Go Oilers!! ;) My disk is dead, my Wii's getting repaired, I haven't had an hour of freetime at once yet in 2008. This place is a downer...

can't wait for June when I can relax and FINALLY Brawl :p
ya i know, ive been busy too... im kinda just waiting for brawl.. .gunna go hard on that then ill be over to kick your ***....maybe tim will SHOW UP this time....tired of him bailing out

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Well, a ssb64 tourney with me or Jums taking the win tonight... a melee bash with me or Jace taking the win tomorrow... then a Brawler on Sunday where... everyone sucks so none of the 8 players have an advantage...DANG!! ;)

Edit: Probably Hotz or Jums...cause you're gonna be playin at my house ALL DAY when I go play hockey :mad:

lol jerks ;)

Tim_Dalton

Smash Cadet
ya i know, ive been busy too... im kinda just waiting for brawl.. .gunna go hard on that then ill be over to kick your ***....maybe tim will SHOW UP this time....tired of him bailing out

maybe ill showup? i missed one meet because i got called in to work. your absence from december until this post in march however... :D i like your brawl enthusiasm though. im in australia at the moment, but when i get back i'll give you and jamesybamesy a shout <3

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
maybe ill showup? i missed one meet because i got called in to work. your absence from december until this post in march however... :D i like your brawl enthusiasm though. im in australia at the moment, but when i get back i'll give you and jamesybamesy a shout <3
who addresses me like that? lol
Whatever, I look forward to seeing how aussies do it. Better find some tricks with Brawl so I can learn off you and own internationally. And Jacers Lucas is sick, can't beat me yet though, maybe soon in the up coming tourney we've both joined. ;)

I just recently moved to Vernon, BC and I've been trying to find some people to play Smash Bros with.
You've come to the right place :) Or one of the lol

Redline

Smash Rookie
Yo guys I live in keremeos BC, I hope I can play some smash against some of you this summer. Im in ottawa at university right now, but ill be back in a few weeks, I have brawl but I'm all about melee. Ill play both but definitely prefer melee. Let me know if anyone wants to play this summer alright!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol sure thing Tim. Go home! ;]

Hey Redline, we'll Brawl for sure sometime. I don't have melee cause it broke but when Tim gets back I'll have his melee haha. Jk, but yeah, I'll play either. We'll smash sometime in the near future I'm sure.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol @ my old posts. Yeah I got a melee disk again and Timmy got home and my old account saying "I'll be dead for a while" is so true :laugh: I forgot my pass so it's dead for good haha. Another one bites the knee.

*continues to spam this thread*
*starts making one that he can monitor because this one is outdated*

ppig

Smash Journeyman
well im going to be moving to okanogan soon so theirs one more competitive smasher also are their any smashers in kamloops i have a friend their who is like dieing cause he has no one to play with

Chibilicious

Smash Cadet
hey ya i live in Vernon horray for me and my friends come to my place to play brawl sometimes i need some mor pplz to m33t! <:( right now im on vacation in Alberta but ill be back in a few days and im gona play lots of brawl at my friends place once i get there :D

anyways im just sayin theres more brawlers in Vernon than u think. u ust need to find us! i like to hang out at village green so YEAHH.

i talk too much

Top Bottom