• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you still morter-slide and equivalent moves?

Jevedor

Smash Cadet
In Brawl you could cancel your forward dash attach and do an tricky upsmash using the down C-stick and hitting up and Z at the same time. The result would be that the character would do a slide while charging the up smash and if you hit your opponent as you slid it would cause knock back. I believe people called it morter sliding when snake did it, but i know Link could do it as well as a few other characters.

In any event, since I have picked up Project M 2.5 I havent been able to pull this off. I never tried in 2.1 so I am curious if it was removed due to mechanics tweaks.. or am I just rusty, need to dust off my game, and stop sucking.

-Ran

Smash Master
Yes, you can. The timing is substantially more strict due to the lack of the vast buffering aid in Brawl. Some characters did lose their ability to do so for various reasons, but I know that Snake can.

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
You can with many characters, with Lucas and Marth having the biggest one. A bunch of other characters can also, including snake.

Kati

Smash Lord
Besides the increased difficulty though, I believe a successful "dacus" with Snake doesn't take him as far now.

Top Bottom