• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you help my ice climbers?

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
After learning a few chain grabs from my friend melee1 i tryed them out and basically 4 stocked people. Ive litterly had people quit the match on wifi leave the game than take me off their list.
The problems come in when i try down throw fair grab etc. Than ice to force up but i cant do it to small chars like toon link or really big chars like bowser n DK. Can you guys help me out and tell me more chains?

I know constant down throw... barely.
I know charging smash while one grabs.
I did ice lock once not sure how though.
Last i did the most beautiful meteor from grab.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
To Dthrow > Fair smaller chars, sometimes u need to shorthop yur Fair, instead of full hop.
For taller chars, u jus have 2 mess wit the timing of yur Full hop.

They're 2 main ways 2 get the IB lock going that I kno from grabz.

The eaiser 1 is escapable, but its the Dthrow > Fair combo. Then jus start mashin B and they're locked..
The other Non-Escapable one is the Fthrow > Footstool. After u Fthrow wit popo or nana.. w/e.. Jus jump forward than start spammin yur jump button, u will footstool em, then jus start mashin B.

Yeh, Fair spikes when at the edge of a stage.

U can Fthrow CG, self explanatory.

U can Bthrow CG.
Jus Bthrow > Grab. Then u can either pivot grab while tossing backwards.. Or move popo up a bit, then jus Bthrow > Grab again.

Theirs some other CG that I forgot how 2 do.. It involves solo squall.. Go look it up if u want.

Dude, u dont even really need 2 kno all these, lolz. Jus focus on wut u think are yur eaisest 2-3 and master em. U need 2 b consistent with yur CGs. I seriously think every IC should learn either Dthrow or Fthrow and Bthrow. This way u can dodge Bananas and Gyros and other stuff like that, while continuing yur CGs.

Thats all I got, Good lux.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Thank you also could i play you in a wifi match so you can show me in person? also i have the most problems when i grab with one im not using. When i try fair combo i jump too high than when i grab and the other jumps . WHy?

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Psssh, Idk why he allways jump so dern high >.>

What I do tho, iz instead of going straight into the Dthrow > Fair CG, I simply Fthrow 2 Popo. Then I do it.

Top Bottom