• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you grab with NANA after down throwing with Popo

GHOST4700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MeatloafLP794
Even though I'm a Sheik main, I want to pick up Ice climbers as another main, I can wobble and know some of the desynches. And I was watching Wobbles at EVO 2013 where he down throwed Dr PeePee's Falco on Fountain of Dreams then immediately re-grabbed with Nana.
But then I've seen a thread that says you can't chaingrab Falco with Ice climbers.
So did Dr PeePee DI the throw badly, did wobbles get a read or can Nana grab after a down throw?

Last edited:

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
It's called a handoff. Wobbles made an entire thread for it in 2007. Hell, it's even pinned. Works on everyone.

Samwisely

Smash Apprentice
If you want to start learning ICs, read Fly's intro thread, I believe it's stickied. And I'd actually suggest not wobbling yet, learning that first often leads to tunnel vision in new IC players. They'll fish for bad grabs instead of having a good neutral game.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
^exactly that. Learn their combo game and basic desync game and movement. Then worry about wobbling.

GHOST4700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MeatloafLP794
Ok and is there a thread where it can state who the down throw down air chaingrab works on? I only got it through chain clicking and forgot what its called. :/

Last edited:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Works on everyone depending on their DI, but its easily escaped by a lot of characters.

Of the high-mid tiers, I use it on these:
Fox, falco, falcon, ganon

On a couple characters its useful as a mixup, but not an extended grab combo.

Top Bottom