• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you bring the following to SNY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J03

Smash Master
slow down filthy, it dont matter where your at, some people are just born to commentate haha.

itd be nice if you knew your stuff, but listen to GGT2 commentary with me and koop, he was a brawl player but just funny as **** xD.

if your interested just step up and ask, ill happily oblige, if your right for the job your right for the job imo

The Filth

Smash Lord
I'll give it a try, I know a fair bit about melee to be honest. The tech **** at least, not so much about MUs etc.

I commentate on matches i watch anyway, microphone or not :3

j3ly

Smash Champion
Tesco suitcase:

2 dazzle
2 laptop
4 cube
1 mic stand
1 mic
1 webcam/good mic
1 subwoofah =]
1 equaliser
1 ipod dock
3 spare controllers
toilet paper
some other stuff

Kone

Smash Master
I am sure there will be waaaaay enough opportunities to take turns commentating.

RICHARD could you PLEASE make sure you get two lil tvs into your car PLEASE :). Ill give you a very manly hug?!

L-J

Smash Ace
I have a second TV which I can easily bring but it can make a constant high pitched noise, but then seeing as the gym hall it's in will be noisy the whole time it probs won't even be heard, so sure i'll bring both.

Kone

Smash Master
Tamoooo - Germans need housing over the weekend. I go to cornwall for a family holiday friday night. I can house them thursday and thats it :s. As I say pretty desparate. You can stay at mine thurs if it helps lol.

Tamoo

Smash Master
eugh, thing is, that really distrupts with my plans for the weekend. I had plans to go to the prerelease for the saturday. It really is a case of trust cos I could technically leave them at the house if I'm 100% sure that they'll be respectful that it's not my house, i'm only renting it and there are other people there so keeping the noise down as much as possible at night.
Also, remember I work on friday so if they need being picked up or something, they'd have to wait till i was done with work.

Basically, it's a maybe for now, and i'm going to look into travel to LC and see what fits best with the germans. I should be able to give a definite yes tomorrow, i'll ask my housemates tomorrow anyway. But i'd def carry on asking other londoners or something until then in case my housemates object.

Also, does the weekend mean they leave on the sunday or the monday?

Legend-of-Mitsuki

Smash Cadet
As said in the SNY thread. I'm bringing a setup, and Jack should be too. I'll try and get hold of a multi-tap or two; no promises mind.

Yea, good point King. You can download Audacity, plug the microphone in and record it separately as an audio file.

What program(s) do people use to add existing videos with sound to another sound file?

I know a thing or two about that program, as I use it frequently, and can help with commentary recording if necessary. I'll make sure I bring my mic, incase I need to use my audacity setup.

Editing programs like Windows Movie Maker are what alot of people use, however I know people who use programs like Adobe Audition and the like.

My camera will be coming with me. Hopefully I'll get some good footage. Maybe making a promo video, which includes some footage of random goings on as well as the matches, would help get the hype up for next year, as people can see how awesome it is/was/will be.

Kone

Smash Master
eugh, thing is, that really distrupts with my plans for the weekend. I had plans to go to the prerelease for the saturday. It really is a case of trust cos I could technically leave them at the house if I'm 100% sure that they'll be respectful that it's not my house, i'm only renting it and there are other people there so keeping the noise down as much as possible at night.
Also, remember I work on friday so if they need being picked up or something, they'd have to wait till i was done with work.

Basically, it's a maybe for now, and i'm going to look into travel to LC and see what fits best with the germans. I should be able to give a definite yes tomorrow, i'll ask my housemates tomorrow anyway. But i'd def carry on asking other londoners or something until then in case my housemates object.

Also, does the weekend mean they leave on the sunday or the monday?
I don't think there are any other options. They can stay at mine until they need to leave to get picked up by you after work Friday. Im sure they would be respectful do you want their emails to see what you think? They go back monday but im sure it is early morning so may have to head of sunday night to make sure they get to stansted.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Ok just got some bad news, apparantly, my landlady is showing people around the house and my room to the person potentially replacing me and shed probs flip if she found four random Germans there without me so it's almost a certain no for my house.
HOWEVER I do have a slightly out of the box alternative. I could allow them use of my room back in London which should altogether be a cheaper and easier experience for them. It's gonna take a lotta blackmailing my mum but I reckon I may just be able to do it. Will call my mum when I'm not busy at work and see what I can do.
Also, you could follow up on Edwin, I think he said he could potentially do it

Kone

Smash Master
I will be bringing atleast:

1/2 TVs
2 Set-ups
5/6 Scart Blocks
2 4-way power adapters
some bog-roll
some bin bags

I'm bringing quite a bit of stuff imo and I'm fairly new to the scene so if anything goes missing I will be real pissed. I think I'm putting quite a bit of faith in a community I don't really know and some of the stuff I'm actually borrowing from friends/family so If it goes missing I'll be really in the ****
Dude, your stuff wont go missing. Ill have labels so ask me for them and we will label your stuff up. TVs will be fine aswell and I am in desperate need of them so please bring them.

They're good to go Ed :)
if you could give me their emails, that would be great
Cheers for your help Tam I appreciate it so much. Manly hug for you at sny :)

Kone

Smash Master
I need people to bring as many of the following as possible. Please appreciate I am doing my very best to put on the best tournament possible for 110 people. Understandbly I need your help aswell.

1. Gamecubes + Wiis. If you have more than on bring them. If each person in the UK brings their own cube/wii we will have enough setups per tv. If not WE DON'T.

2. Copies of melee. Please bring every copy of melee you have and/or your family and friends. More copies we have more than likely we will have enough setups running.

3. Powerpoints. Please bring any size powerpoints you have. 2 plug, 4 plug, 6 plug and 8 plug each. Doesn't matter how long or small they will come in useful. Most people use them in their rooms. If you are taken your setup to SNY you won't need them while your away. SO PLEASE BRING THEM.

4. TVS. Between me and Charles we have around 30 tvs at the moment. Please please please understand that it is paramount that the rest of the community help with this. It really isn't hard to put 2 small tvs in your car if you are getting a lift. Small tvs are fine. PLEASE BRING THEM.

5. Recording setups including handheld cameras/camcorders to get live footage of the tournament.

6. Microphones and amps. More the merrier.

7. Universal remotes. This is a huge must. Huge chances are most tvs don't have a remote. We need universal remotes to sort them out. More we have increases the chance of getting every tv working aswell as how quickly we get them working.

8. Does anyone have a projector screen that they can bring. Think friends/family and work. I have a projector but no screen. Also, any cables we may need for the projector (between setups/laptops etc).

9. Toilet Roll and Bin bags. I am seriously not joking here lol. Venue doesn't supply them. I encourage you to bring your own roll and bin bags you have lying around (give them to me please).

10. Scart Blocks

11. RF cables or ANY CABLE THAT GOES FROM THE BACK OF A CUBE/WII INTO AN AERIAL PORT.

ALSO THINK ABOUT BRINGING/DOING THE FOLLOWING

1. Deoderant
2. Shampoo
3. Towel
4. Toothpaste/Toothbrush
5. Sleeping bag/blanket
6. Pillow
7. Sticky labels on all your stuff
8. Getting my mobile number
9. Walking directions from google maps if you are getting into Longbridge station and I can't get you.
10. Printed bus details and walking directions if you are getting into Birmingham city centre and I can't get you.
11. Alcohol to chill and enjoy evening chatter. Not everyone will be geeking out in the gym hall with smash all night ;)
12. Toilet roll
Getting to the venue information

If you are arriving in Birmingham city centre;

You need to go to Birmingham New Street train station and get a train to Longbridge. Trains leave every ten minutes, take twenty minutes and cost £2.80.

If you arrive at Digbeth coach station you need to walk to Birmingham New Street train station.http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...=6.879233,26.279297&ie=UTF8&z=16&layer=c&pw=2

If you arrive at Priory Queensway coch station you need to walk to Birmingham New Street train station. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...95657&spn=0.006927,0.025663&z=15&layer=c&pw=2

When you get to Longbridge train station​

1. Ring my mobile. If I am available I will come collect you. Drive is only 5 minutes. Please remember that I will be very busy tuesday.

2. Phone for a taxi (do this in advance of arriving at Londbridge. The train from Birmingham city centre is 20 mins so ring before getting train). Try; 0121 476 5252 , 0121 476 5252 and 0121 475 1234 . Remember to get a quote before booking. The venue is only five minutes away so it should be less than £5.

3. Walk. Directions are: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...n=0.006939,0.025663&ie=UTF8&z=13&layer=c&pw=2 Takes 30 mins.

When walking you will eventually come to a small roundabout with a pub on it. Turn right and the venue is there. Look at the website to see how the venue looks from the outside.
My address if anyone needs it: 33 Grange Road, Stourbridge, DY9 7LE.
My mobile is: 07982248134.

Also, for those getting into Longbridge and want a lift from me instead of walking please take note. Alot of people will be doing the same thing. Please be courteous and let me know BEFORE you get there like tell me when you are getting on the train to Longbridge or else you maybe waiting for some time.

Lastly, Brits if you want a lift from Longbridge instead of walking I expect you to bring cubes as part of the deal. If you don't post a valid reason you can walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom