• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can we talk about Ryuga's Ike?

Ike Tyson

Smash Rookie
I mean do the Top Level players ever try to challenge themselves with other characters? I feel if the player doesn't fit their playstyle they write them off as terrible instead of giving positive of insight on what a player can do. They have people that believe this don't bother experimenting with other players. They play Sheik or Rosa and well get bodied by an Ike or Charizard.

I was watching a stream of Denti and he said he finds the most broken character possible and abuse them. I mean it makes sense since he mained Olimar in Brawl, Ivysaur PM, and Shiek Smash 4.

Thank you Ryuga for destroying the popular characters. We'll prolly need to change match-ups against that Diddy Kong tho

Planet God Venus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyugaVII
I mean do the Top Level players ever try to challenge themselves with other characters? I feel if the player doesn't fit their playstyle they write them off as terrible instead of giving positive of insight on what a player can do. They have people that believe this don't bother experimenting with other players. They play Sheik or Rosa and well get bodied by an Ike or Charizard.

I was watching a stream of Denti and he said he finds the most broken character possible and abuse them. I mean it makes sense since he mained Olimar in Brawl, Ivysaur PM, and Shiek Smash 4.

Thank you Ryuga for destroying the popular characters. We'll prolly need to change match-ups against that Diddy Kong tho
I'll nip that in the bud.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I never really thought anyone suggested Ike was bottom tier...low tier yes, but he usually places ahead of like 13 characters on tier charts. I thought it was unanimous that DK and Olimar were the worst characters atm.

I like Ike, many suggest he is nerfed in this game, but I think he's buffed. Better jumps, better movement, faster aerials and tilts, same great killing ability. One of my top 5 in this game. Tough to use well but satisfying to win with.

And this video was just beautiful. Reminds me of aMSa. Who says a low tier can't beat the best characters in the right hands?

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
A lot of top players before Youmacon were saying he was one of the, if not the worst character in the game.

Ike had pretty much no one playing him, that was the problem. They saw the people on For Glory and some random bunch getting destroyed by high tiers so they thought he was pretty worthless.

TeeJay308

Smash Cadet
Amazing Ike gameplay! It's also good to see my scrubby opinion that Rosa isn't as good as people make her out to be is shared by someone with a bit more credibility.

I feel the pain in the Diddy matchup. What a horrible character to fight against.

D

Deleted member 269706

Amazing Ike gameplay! It's also good to see my scrubby opinion that Rosa isn't as good as people make her out to be is shared by someone with a bit more credibility.

I feel the pain in the Diddy matchup. What a horrible character to fight against.
Diddy is the devil. Seriously, how does Rosa even get this much hate? I mean yeah she's annoying, but Diddy is so much worse.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can someone explain why Sonic jumps off the stage at the beginning of every match?

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
The streamer does it so he can watch the matches but isn't in the match itself.

D

Deleted member 269706

Can someone explain why Sonic jumps off the stage at the beginning of every match?
They're technically doing 3 players, Sonic, and then the two fighters. Sonic's character is in because that is the system that they're using to host and record the matches. So the only reason he's there is so they can record everything, he runs off because obviously he isn't going to fight.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
I literally just picked up Ike because of the way this guy played him. I'm one of those players who want to get good with the all, if not the majority of the characters in the game.

Edit: I do have one MAJOR problem with Ryuga's Ike though......HE DOES NOT FIGHT FOR HIS FRIENDS!

Last edited:
Top Bottom