• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can we just take a minute to think about this?

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336
Super Smash Bros for 3DS comes out in like, 3 days..

Whoa.

Anyway with that being said, do you think we'll be lucky enough to get a digital release a day early? Like Japan did?

Spirst

After about 3 years of waiting, it's finally only 3 days away. It feels unreal, actually. Nonetheless, I'm very excited for the day to finally drop.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
It's like finally here.... but it's not here until the Wii U version releases.

All these rumors that never get put to rest will not keep me satisfied until I know everything.

Pirate Goomba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BackburningPyro
3DS FC
3969-6919-4080
Switch FC
2859 5488 3187
5 days for Australia, gg.

I only by 3ds games retail. Only PC\steam for digital.

Last edited:

ReddFloxy

Smash Apprentice
3 days coming from 3 years, honestly I can wait the extra time looking back at what has passed already haha. My pre-order is already ready from more than 3 months back and they usually hand out the copies a day earlier too, but I'll have to wait and see if they will do so with smash as well. I do hope the digital people can get it sooner though!

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
It's strange, I know I'm so close but I don't really have a lot of excitement or preoccupation with it. The demo helped a lot to give me a little taste to hold me over. I think on Wednesday though, I have my "losing my ****" excitement phase scheduled.

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly, I have a really busy week ahead of me. I am not too worried about when the game is going to drop. It will be here before I even know it.

Dean Lawrence

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiseUpAndFight
3DS FC
1246-8874-5343
I have a full day of school this Friday, and my parents don't get home for about 2 hours after I do, so they can't drive me. I think I'll just ride my bike 15 minutes to my GameStop to get it.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
My checklist for the final week:

Two days ago: Watch There Will Be Brawl for the first time.
Yesterday/today: ...well, nothing, because I'm sick as a dog right now.
The First Day (72 Hours Remain): Re-play the Subspace Emissary on Intense.
The Second Day (48 Hours Remain): Look up fan projects from Brawl's early days and re-live them.
The Final Day (24 Hours Remain): Play through Kirby Air Ride, the game that started the current path. Then play Smash 64's Classic Mode on Very Hard. Then Melee's. Then Brawl's. Then P:M's. Then stay up until midnight to snag the eShop release before the servers crash.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm going to spend the last time giving a good old send-off to Brawl, just like I did with Melee right before Brawl finally came out in Europe. In a way it's going to be kind of sad, Brawl was very easily the game I have been the most hyped for in my entire life, looking at all the new content it provided us with I can't help but look at Smash 4 and be a little dissapointed, but on the flip side I know that Smash 4 is tons better on the gameplay front and that is what really matters in the end (Note: I do enjoy Brawl's gameplay, Smash 4's is just about perfect though.)

Still, it's not going to be the last time I pick up Brawl, however I doubt I'll be picking it up as often as I do Melee considering how Smash 4 offers almost everything Brawl does but executed much better.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm poor af, so literally the Nintendo Open is the only way I'll ever be receiving a 3DS and Smash 4.

Period. Hell, I'm hyped, but at the same I'm not since I probably will never get to play this game aside from borrowing from friends for a couple of minutes to get tastes.

rawcomrade91

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3411-1935-6585
I was able to pre order my copy by using trade in credit at my local game store. :) and I found out they're having a midnight release! No sleep Thursday going into Friday, and I work both days. :p then the Smash tournament on Saturday!

I have a busy weekend ahead. :p

Foozal

Smash Apprentice
I was able to pre order my copy by using trade in credit at my local game store. :) and I found out they're having a midnight release! No sleep Thursday going into Friday, and I work both days. :p then the Smash tournament on Saturday!

I have a busy weekend ahead. :p
Which smash tournament?

Beastferu

Smash Cadet
NNID
LegendaryPhrax
3DS FC
3351-4134-0653
I'll just be busying myself with school work until Thursday comes. Otherwise, I won't stop thinking about it, and I'd probably die from excitement.

Cammed Z28

SB-Jgd = My FG gamer tag
3DS FC
2852-9484-2780
The demo helped calm my fiending for Smash 4 lol but now that the midnight release is so close I am beyond stoked. I already have my copy paid for and reserved, and I will be trading my 2ds up for a blue smash edition 3DS XL ...... I realize the new 3DS releases sometime 2015 for US, and will definitely be picking that up as well. I just <3 Smash and had planned on upgrading to the XL before I ever saw the Smash 3DS XL lol so needless to say when I first saw them advertised I just had to have it. I started a new job a couple months ago and decided its time to treat myself ..... any smash tournaments or gatherings in Topeka, Lawrence, or KC?

After all the waiting it is finally going down.... HUZZAH!

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
Because of my time zone differences from the rest of America (In Hawaii) I might actually be able to get it while it's still thursday if they release the physical copy at the same time worldwide, 12 am est for example. The guy at gamestop when I was pre-ordering actually told me the game comes out on the 2nd, but he might have just said that accidently.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I'm just shocked. The time has flown by really fast, like holy crap. To think it's been 3 years since this game was announced....well, I'll be damned. Oh well, I'm totally ready. Friday can't come fast enough!

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Well, we've survived these long three years. Now I must hope the eShop won't crash at midnight...

shogungari

Smash Apprentice
I'm looking forward to the Majora's Mask references, if for nothing else to have the Final Hour music videos pop up. That stuff gives me chills....

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
It turns out I have events going on all day on the 2nd, so that's really one less day I have to wait.

I just hope I'm not so tuckered out that I fall asleep before I can lock in my purchase :p

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
My hype has been simmering sense the Japanese release and the constant streaming though I have had bouts of jealousy. The Demo also helped. My hype has raised mildly over the past few days though. If the Digital release gets released a few days earlier, I WILL CRY TEARS OF JOY!

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Damn son I'm so hyped. I can't get the day off but I've worked out how best to do the thing with the midnight. Come home Thursday, dinner and sleep immediately. Wake up at 10:30 or 11, go to GameStop. Playing until I have to go to work.

rawcomrade91

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3411-1935-6585
Damn son I'm so hyped. I can't get the day off but I've worked out how best to do the thing with the midnight. Come home Thursday, dinner and sleep immediately. Wake up at 10:30 or 11, go to GameStop. Playing until I have to go to work.
Pretty much my plan as well haha

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
I have an opportunity to get it both digitally and physically but I don't know which one I should do. On one hand, I could get it as soon as possible digitally but I know everyone and their grandma will be doing the same which will probably slow the servers down and possibly crash the E-Shop. It also doesn't help that the download time will just make me extremely anxious. On the other hand I could get it physically but if they run out before I get to it, IMMA KILL SOMEONE! I really don't wanna stay at the mall until midnight either........ WHY IS IT SO HARD TO MAKE THIS DECISION!?!?!

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Because of how m schedule fell, I can't pick up the game until Friday afternoon, and I have to wake up early Saturday, at which point I won't be home until late in the evening. I'm so overflowing with hype that I may just pull an all nighter Saturday night to play.

Shog

Smash Ace
Germany gets it not only one day earlier because of an official holiday, but you don't work ...so... hooray.

I am really hyped for this game. Especially after playing the demo and, because of the throws, having a 64 gameplay flashback(not the same game of course)

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I already got my plate full for this week when it comes to work and other lifestyle tasks. Hopefully this won't carry over to the weekend because im gonna be on my 3DS no matter what.

Its been 3 long years....

GeNo-BreaKer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeNo-BreaKer-01
3DS FC
1220-6182-2346
The hype is gonna be too strong. Going to sleep on Thursday is gonna be hard.

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
Copy's been preordered since June, but i have work til 5 Friday (unless we get off early, then i'm unemployed, but whatev), so Best Buy will probably be impossible to navigate then, so i might have someone go early and get it for me, or i'll go straight from work there and wait forever to get it.

Top Bottom