• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can we come up with names for these cute li'l guys?

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
"Like, OMG Becky*, did you see her butt?" and "I know, right? Looks like she has to go number two!". :awesome:

*That doesn't make the duck's name Becky.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
No, the dog doesn't have an official name. Mr. Peepers is not his official name. It's just an unfounded rumor.
Well, That's what his name is in Vision. (Not that it means anything)

But it's not like uncanon has eventually made it's way into being canon, Peepers sounds like a great name to me.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This thread makes me sad because we are unlikely to get an official naming of the Dog.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I just always referred to them as Duck Hunt Dog and Duck.

But we all know now that Dog and Duck > Bear and Bird

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This thread makes me sad because we are unlikely to get an official naming of the Dog.
Yeah but at least the inclusions of Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Duck Hunt officially demolishes that stupid "but they have no names so they cannot get in Smash!" pre-Brawl argument.

That and the "but they never fought before so they cannot get in Smash!" pre-Brawl argument... assuming the inclusions of Captain Falcon, Fox, Peach, Zelda, Sheik, Mr. Game & Watch, and R.O.B. didn't convince the detractors to stop using that logic.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yeah but at least the inclusions of Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Duck Hunt officially demolishes that stupid "but they have no names so they cannot get in Smash!" pre-Brawl argument.
Villager is a generic name that covers all possible iterations of the Animal Crossing main and Wii Fit Trainer is the same for her series but Duck Hunt is in no way a character name. I will probably call him Das Hunt so as not to confuse people while still using an actual name.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Villager is a generic name that covers all possible iterations of the Animal Crossing main and Wii Fit Trainer is the same for her series but Duck Hunt is in no way a character name. I will probably call him Das Hunt so as not to confuse people while still using an actual name.
Point I was making is that a character does not need to have a known official name to get in Smash. I don't care if "Duck Hunt" is not a proper character name or not... I got my dog in the game, I am good to go.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Iceclimber is the Japanese name of Iceclimbers, after the game's title. Same as Wii Fit.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Iceclimber is the Japanese name of Iceclimbers, after the game's title. Same as Wii Fit.
The former could potentially be excused due to the language's general lack of a singular/plural distinction.

Point I was making is that a character does not need to have a known official name to get in Smash. I don't care if "Duck Hunt" is not a proper character name or not... I got my dog in the game, I am good to go.
Well good for you I guess but that never really seemed like a problem for me.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Okay, so apparently, "Duck Hunt Duo" is the localized name for the team that consists of Duck Hunt Dog AND Duck Hunt Duck. That means "DHD" is still correct. :awesome:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
If you have a dog and you're not naming him that and the duck as yourself, you're doing something wrong

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Told a little girl his name was Duck Hunt Dog and she misheard me as Duck On Dog. Sticking with it. Way too adorable to pass up.

Last edited:

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Just let it sink and enjoy it. At first everyone hated Duck Hunt and now they love Duck Hunt and hate Duck Hunt Duo. Just accept it. Same gibberish happens every time Pokemon get their english names and people insist they will call them by their fan names or Japanese names forever only to give up in 35 seconds. -

Top Bottom