• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can their actually be a Top Tier for this game?

Can their actually be a Top Tier for this game?

• Yes

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LckyAce

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LckyAce
3DS FC
0533-4950-3798
Well the title says it all. I ask this because since their is frequent updates to this game that would also mean balancing meaning that OP character of yours Fox, would probably get nerfed in the next update. So what do you guys think? Would their actually be personal character skill in this game now?

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
The meta game right now is still very new, so updates like 1.04 will just slow it down a little.

D

Deleted member

Based on 1.0.4, Sakurai seems much more interested in bug fixes and making some changes to make the versions match more than actual balancing. Some characters that were already considered bad before 1.0.4, then had nothing about them changed or got undeserved nerfs.
:170:

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
The tier list is there whether we know what it is or not.

The sad thing is that it'll change too fast for us to really figure it out.

Tremendo Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XGShadowstar
3DS FC
3093-8423-4303
They won't be patching the game forever. Give it until a little after Mewtwo is released, and I believe we won't be seeing much in the way of balance patches beyond then. Even from now till then, I don't see much being changed unless a few major bugs are found in the Wii U version.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
I don't see why people are going crazy over this, its likely that this patch was made to have the 3DS version be the same as the WiiU version and that the only other patches will be added features/stabilizing online.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well people already seem to have varying thoughts even in regards to whether or not certain characters were buffed or nerfed. E.g. people think Rosalina is nerfed overall, but I feel her buffs made up for it. She feels noticeably better to me and I feel I have more freedom and overall better performance with her now. The nerfs she got mostly just punish sloppy play more, and I've been doing my best to avoid that anyway, so I don't think she's worse off than before in general.

So yeah, I think it's gonna be a while before a definite tier list is formed. However, with the possible exception of Greninja, I don't think anyone who was previously in the perceived top tier/top 10 have really been brought down from that position.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
There will be one eventually. Once the game is actually figured out.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I think there will be a tier list maybe a year or two into the metagame (barring patches and such, of course), once it grows and people find all the tricks, AT's, and combos the game has hidden inside. One character being above all the rest by at least a slight margin is inevitable with this large of a roster; it's borderline impossible to balance a game of this scale perfectly.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I don't know. Can they're?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom