• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can someone please explain this?

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
be in the air facing right > charge rollout and hold left until you hit the ground > let go of left and change directions on a whim > collect tears

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
So this actually does have to do with the opposite hold charge while in the air?
I knew about that one already but I didn't know it could pressure shield nasty like this.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
you just have to time your direction changes. that's the most difficult part

RedBeanPorridge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RedBeanPorridge
3DS FC
3823-8771-4471
So can rollout be considered a viable shieldbreaker now? I've used it to break a ton of shields online by rolling back and forth against their shield, but not the way this guy did it.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Did that Jigglypuff change his direction at all when breaking Mac's shield? It looks like he was moving back and forth a tiny bit while on his shield. From what I've experienced you could only insta turn around 2 times before it stopped working, so maybe thats not the case.

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
Did that Jigglypuff change his direction at all when breaking Mac's shield? It looks like he was moving back and forth a tiny bit while on his shield. From what I've experienced you could only insta turn around 2 times before it stopped working, so maybe thats not the case.
Maybe it's a distance thing and not a how many turns thing now?

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
Okay. Seeing it in slow motion, I think I get it now. I did this to another player a while back and broke his shield, but couldn't quite get that many turnarounds in again after that. The reason is probably because you need the hit stop from connecting with the shield to be able to do the turnarounds quick enough (and thus get more turnarounds in). Wiggling the circle pad fast enough with no hit stop to help is not practical and will destroy your circle pad. But, if given the extra frames for inputs from the hit stop, it becomes practical.

Top Bottom