• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can someone help me out?

xtidusxx

Smash Rookie
hey guys, new here to this thing...but anyway...ok so recently ive been playing for glory 1 on 1's and everytime i quit out when im done playing with someone and look for a new match i keep getting paired up with the same person...it takes about 3 times before i can find someone else and the same exact thing happens with them an i eventually end up playing with the first person i played against..also i never am able to join a lobby that already has someone else in it unless its that one person i played against first...if its not them then i get an unusually long waiting time can someone help me and explain whats going on?? its pretty weird and is starting to get annoying i like playing a variety of people and characters not the same 2 or 3 people over and over again idk whats going on...

xtidusxx

Smash Rookie
You might be in "smash purgatory", where people who have been reported a lot are only able to fight other reported players.

http://smashboards.com/threads/banned-from-smash-4-online.414176
http://smashboards.com/threads/why-am-i-keep-playing-against-the-same-people.404378

Have you done anything that would make someone report you?
yes i recently just played against a mario player with the tag ban land....thanks for the help i really appreciate it i hadn't heard about a ban land until just then lol well this is my first time of this ever happening i thought something was seriously wrong lol

xtidusxx

Smash Rookie
You might be in "smash purgatory", where people who have been reported a lot are only able to fight other reported players.

http://smashboards.com/threads/banned-from-smash-4-online.414176
http://smashboards.com/threads/why-am-i-keep-playing-against-the-same-people.404378

Have you done anything that would make someone report you?
i dont really use projectile spamming characters but i think it may have been from a pretty bad little mac player i played against one day when i decided to play as ganondorf and i kept side b and down tilt kicking him and not letting him land until i took his first stock then he ran off the stage and suicided...lol i dont normally play like that but if its against a mac player i gotta do what i gotta do lol he then messaged me on miiverse and told me to stop side b because it was unfair

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
i dont really use projectile spamming characters but i think it may have been from a pretty bad little mac player i played against one day when i decided to play as ganondorf and i kept side b and down tilt kicking him and not letting him land until i took his first stock then he ran off the stage and suicided...lol i dont normally play like that but if its against a mac player i gotta do what i gotta do lol he then messaged me on miiverse and told me to stop side b because it was unfair
That Little Mac player sounds like a Little B!-tch.
Excuse the foul language, but I really hate players who use the term "cheap" or "unfair".
They're so overdramatic.
People who complain about spamming, cheap moves, or certain characters need to shut up and just learn the match ups.
The game hasn't even been out for a year and it seems like everyone thinks they're pros already.

As for your predicament, you've been banned, aka reported so many times that you've been placed in Smash Hell.

Call Nintendo about it.
They won't fix it, but it'll raise their awareness. I keep urging everyone who's claiming to be banned to do it and I hope they are doing it because what good will complaining on the internet do?
Call the source of the problem, complain, and eventually, if enough people start complaining, Nintendo will fix it.

For the time being, stop playing. People report being banned for as little as ten days and others say they are still banned three weeks later.
This has led most of us to believe that if you've been reported in ban land, it just prolongs your sentence.

Fortunately, Nintendo will be taking down the servers August 31st for maintenence.
While nothing is set in stone, I'm hopeful that the maintenence will address this issue and provide more transparency and clarity over the matter. Perhaps then we'll know why and for how long we are banned.

But in the meantime, call Nintendo anyway.
This is an actual problem that should be addressed. No one is arguing that people shouldn't be banned.
Nintendo needs to tell us why we were banned and for how long.
If Nintendo can't provide the former, I am inclined to believe that Nintendo doesn't review why players were reported and thus, this report system is faulty.
Mention this when you call Nintendo. Press the hard, unanswerable questions.
"If you can't tell me why I was banned, then what's not to say it's the reporter's word over mine".
These are the types of questions that get forwarded to their research department and get the higher chance of being taken seriously.

Good luck.

Last edited:

xtidusxx

Smash Rookie
That Little Mac player sounds like a Little B!-tch.
Excuse the foul language, but I really hate players who use the term "cheap" or "unfair".
They're so overdramatic.
People who complain about spamming, cheap moves, or certain characters need to shut up and just learn the match ups.
The game hasn't even been out for a year and it seems like everyone thinks they're pros already.

As for your predicament, you've been banned, aka reported so many times that you've been placed in Smash Hell.

Call Nintendo about it.
They won't fix it, but it'll raise their awareness. I keep urging everyone who's claiming to be banned to do it and I hope they are doing it because what good will complaining on the internet do?
Call the source of the problem, complain, and eventually, if enough people start complaining, Nintendo will fix it.

For the time being, stop playing. People report being banned for as little as ten days and others say they are still banned three weeks later.
This has led most of us to believe that if you've been reported in ban land, it just prolongs your sentence.

Fortunately, Nintendo will be taking down the servers August 31st for maintenence.
While nothing is set in stone, I'm hopeful that the maintenence will address this issue and provide more transparency and clarity over the matter. Perhaps then we'll know why and for how long we are banned.

But in the meantime, call Nintendo anyway.
This is an actual problem that should be addressed. No one is arguing that people shouldn't be banned.
Nintendo needs to tell us why we were banned and for how long.
If Nintendo can't provide the former, I am inclined to believe that Nintendo doesn't review why players were reported and thus, this report system is faulty.
Mention this when you call Nintendo. Press the hard, unanswerable questions.
"If you can't tell me why I was banned, then what's not to say it's the reporter's word over mine".
These are the types of questions that get forwarded to their research department and get the higher chance of being taken seriously.

Good luck.
Thanks I will definitley have to give them a call while I take a break away from smash then

Top Bottom