• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can someone help me get better at For Glory?

RoyalUmbreon

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, this is my first post on Smash Boards so I have no idea where to post this but anyways yesterday was my first day on for glory and I got my butt kicked 10 times in a row. Here's a link to one of the videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wAMyADDHYo
It was full of misinputs, bad timing, and to be honest that Mega Man completely threw me off.
I'm currently uploading a second video of the same Mega Man, but I still lost pretty badly.
Can someone give me tips on how to be better competitively? And also how to counter those kinds of players!

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Shield and roll more often. It'll save you from just about all of his projectiles (especially those pesky lemons) since Mega Man's projectiles don't deal much shield damage save for his side smash. Of course you shouldn't shield too often since he can always go in for a grab, in which case you can either roll away from him or hit him with a jab attack. Also I wouldn't recommend approaching MM from high in the air since MM's aerials have more range and Kirby is a very floaty character (though you should still use a few short hops so you can land an aerial attack on him every now-and-then).

Aside from that, just predict what he's going to throw at you (both literally and metaphorically) and be ready for it. Please keep in mind that I do not main Kirby so I can't really help you when it comes to pulling off specific combos with him.

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
You'll want to get that video over to the Kirby forums in the Video Critic thread. You'll get some good Kirby specific info there to help your game. They will also have a Match-up thread for Kirby specific tips against different characters, and other info that should help improve your game.

You'll get some general tips here, but the character specific forums are the best place for questions like this.

RoyalUmbreon

Smash Rookie
You'll want to get that video over to the Kirby forums in the Video Critic thread. You'll get some good Kirby specific info there to help your game. They will also have a Match-up thread for Kirby specific tips against different characters, and other info that should help improve your game.

You'll get some general tips here, but the character specific forums are the best place for questions like this.

Thanks!!!

RoyalUmbreon

Smash Rookie
Shield and roll more often. It'll save you from just about all of his projectiles (especially those pesky lemons) since Mega Man's projectiles don't deal much shield damage save for his side smash. Of course you shouldn't shield too often since he can always go in for a grab, in which case you can either roll away from him or hit him with a jab attack. Also I wouldn't recommend approaching MM from high in the air since MM's aerials have more range and Kirby is a very floaty character (though you should still use a few short hops so you can land an aerial attack on him every now-and-then).

Aside from that, just predict what he's going to throw at you (both literally and metaphorically) and be ready for it. Please keep in mind that I do not main Kirby so I can't really help you when it comes to pulling off specific combos with him.
I will definitely try that

Top Bottom