• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can someone figure out what I just did?

J4pu

Smash Champion
You can phantasm at an exact height and end up hitting the edge of the stage w/o progressing and end up standing on the tip, but i dont think it was that since you lasered

Ive done something similar once (w/o the laser) on a platform that I jumped through, not entirely sure how I did it. I just decided that I would consider it happened because i air-dodged at the perfect height, I can't even remember if I air-dodged, but I think I did.

bowz

Smash Journeyman
Well, after thinking for a bit, it looks like what J4pu said. Along with what wolf can do through some ledges with his over b.
IMO, I think brawl has a weird "thing" with the floor. Just think, IJR's, claw cancelling, QAC, weird over b's. This seems to be another one of those.
Obviously, I could be wrong, since I didn't create the game...haha.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I think I have an idea of why it does that. Falco's second jump (just like everything else he has) has a weird property. First you fly up, but then you are pushed down slightly because of him flipping. There are times where I double jump and would not make it over the ledge, but do a back air or a laser and it'll pull me over. I think it's because it cancels the pushing down animation of that jump. What must have happened was that slight push down was timed right when I hit the ledge and put me above it.

Btw, there was no phantasm there. I did it again without the laser at a later time, but could not record it seeing as it was in practice mode.

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
I think it's like what happens when you falco punch from a ledgehop (it's the easiest way to get the effect for me). You actually get pushed up onto the stage. I think there's a little sliver on edge edge of the stage where if you hit it then you end up standing perfectly still on the very edge of the stage doing what you were doing as you hit it. So you jumped at the exact height for you to hit that little sliver of stage that makes you stand perfectly and additionally did a laser so you lasered as soon as you hit the sliver of stage. Just my guess though. That's what it looks like to me.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Yeah, the same glitch that is most commonly seen when Wolf uses his Side B, but then doesn't grab the ledge or fall on the stage, and then has to UpB to recover (again).

As for reproducing it, while that would be amazingly useful (mindgame -> grab), I don't think that you'd be able to do it consistently on purpose.

Top Bottom