• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can Shovel Knight still be playable in this title?

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
Now, I never really played any games that mentioned or used him, except for Smash... But thats not to stop me from wanting to include him in Smash...
I have a list of characters from games I've never played but I want a character from it in Smash, which includes:
-Shovel Knight
-Cuphead
-Rayman
-Super Meatboy
-Spyro
-Doom Slayer

Truth is, I read a lot about characters thta people want in Smash, and Shovel Knight posts struck me a lot...
Ever since he was revealed to be a Assist Trophy, I lost a lot of my hope.

Lately, I've been wondering... Can he still be in Smash Ultimate as more than an A.T.?

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
I think being in an assist greatly hurts his chances. It's not impossible, and you should not give up supporting him. Continuous support no matter what seems to be going against you is what gets characters like Ridley and Banjo in!
I wouldn't get your hopes up for ultimate, but I still think you should continue to show your support.

D

Deleted member

Ignoring any and all thoughts about how likely it would be, yes, it is still possible. He may be an assist trophy as of right now. But it's been know for some time that the Alucard assist trophy doesn't appear on certain stages.

Just make buying Shovel Knight's DLC pack include a bit of programming that renders the assist trophy unable to appear if the character is in a match and you're as golden as the Ornate Plate.

Mayje

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6077-9883-6692
I don't know if it has any bearing, but Shovel Knight is already a playable character in the Smash-like game Brawlhalla.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Unlikely, but he's a playable character in Rivals of Aether. Shovel Knight has enough exposure outside of actual Smash at this point in Smash-likes that it should be able to satisfy your desires for Shovel combat.

ChiefGamers

Smash Cadet
Yep. Yacht Club and Nintendo have done a lot with each other, and he's still one of the biggest faces in Indie gaming. Keep your expectations in check, but make sure to keep your chin up as well.

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
With Bomberman getting a Mii costume despite being an assist trophy, I'm feeling like a Shovel Knight swordfighter costume is looking pretty likely. It would fit in with the previous indie costumes of Sans and Cuphead as well, and that being the case might would include a music track.

That wouldn't be a full fighter of course, but a good costume would be a pretty nice consolation prize.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I don't know if it has any bearing, but Shovel Knight is already a playable character in the Smash-like game Brawlhalla.
It doesn't. That would be like if Nintendo excluded Link from the next game because he's already playable in Soulcalliber.
Shovel Knight has enough exposure outside of actual Smash at this point in Smash-likes
I also propose we stop calling platform fighters "Smash-like." We don't call MvC a "Street Fighter-like", do we?

Lately, I've been wondering... Can he still be in Smash Ultimate as more than an A.T.?
I think it's certainly possible but it won't be easy. Mainly because, if they do promote Assist Trophies, there will probably only be one or two promoted. And there are characters more popular than Shovel Knight that are AT's-Waluigi, Issac, and Shadow, namely. We only have three more slots. But don't count him out just yet.

Top Bottom