• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can I improve my opening game?

SilentFalcon

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I'm trying to improve my opening game. (Without camping please... LOL)

I'm wondering how I either get better at, or at all, Chainthrow>Shorthop>Spike floaty characters, who's users know how to DI correctly?

If you could understand that sentence (sorry, it was a little weird) I'd like to know what I should do.

Thanks,

SF

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
Dude Lasers are the best possible opener ever. Why would you ask for another. And if they start crawling, the IAP. Falco just ***** in general :D

SilentFalcon

Smash Apprentice
Ok fine, I lied. Not opening game. But because I have a lot of friends who play floaty chars... how do I spike them easily, out of a combo. (I like chainthrow because it's so devastating, and its flashy...)

Can anyone chainthrow floaty characters who can DI????

(BTW, I love lasers. Sexy.)

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Not quite sure what you're asking about. But I'll take a stab.

A lot of floaty characters CANNOT be chaingrabbed. These instances require you to follow up with something else, such as a well placed Nair. Dthrow to Nair ***** floaty characters. Dair also works, but don't get too predictable with it.

You could learn to do some boost pivot grabs to follow up after a single downthrow. That's sort of chain grabbing if you think about it.

But yes, lasers, IAP, and chainthrows are all excellent options for openers. Gatling combos, too.

Game&Watch

Smash Rookie
i typically lazer to start but if you want to destroy i typically do my d-grab to d-smash it usually works pretty well

Top Bottom