• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can I Do This?

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Can other character hacks be added to Project M?
A brief disclaimer. A lot of publicly available movesets, as of right now, are very choppy, very low quality, and don't work too well with Project M at all.
You may want to wait until the Clone Engine is released to the public, so that really good movesets can be made.
If you want to try anything available now, don't let me stop you. There are a few hidden gems here and there.

Edit: I just realized that you may only be talking about Character Models. Those are a lot easier to work with, but like others have said, you can only place certain models over certain characters.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Let's just put it like this. Project M doesn't play nice with most "character" hacks out there.
PSA's will straight up freeze the game on a lot of moves unless you go in and edit the character file yourself and fix the values/work out the bugs.
Model imports are alright unless they edit the bones, which will cause a freeze.
Textures are fine and can be replaced flawlessly most of the time.
For custom voices, the sounds have to match the other characters sounds in size or that will freeze your game. Example: Shadow's sfx/announcer call must all match Squirtle's sounds in length. So unless there's a custom soundbank already made for that specific import then good luck to you in trying the get a proper soundbank working without freezes.

tl;dr - Don't mess too much with Project M, just stick to replacing your music, textures and stage textures unless you really know what you're doing.

Top Bottom