• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CAN can save your life if you get hit by the K.O.

asevengodie

Smash Rookie
Basically, this happened to me by accident.
I was on 35% and had the can beside me when little Mcdonalds approached me to land his K.O.
I mashed the B button like a maniac to hit this Mc and avoid the K.O.
He landed the K.O and I landed my explosive can on him and the can kind of took the impact of his K.O and saved my life.

Here is the video to it.
http://abload.de/img/duckhuntdog-can-t1oe1.gif

The can is definitely the strongest weapon of DHG, if anyone else tried out this block, please share your thoughts.

Last edited:

asevengodie

Smash Rookie
Jesus, that's an amazing discovery. I'll make sure to add this to the Duck Hunt guide.
Nice, I hope it will be useful for the players.
Although maybe you should test it out first, I only tried it once in this video, that's all.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh, that's good to know... seems like the can, not the Wild Gunman, is the real shield. It looks like you need to activate it right before Little Mac does the KO move... very tricky to pull.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Nice, I hope it will be useful for the players.
Although maybe you should test it out first, I only tried it once in this video, that's all.
Yeah, plan to test it out, try and mimic the video. If this is actually a tactic, you should give it a name for players to use, so you'll feel like you've contributed to the community. :3

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Information for the exploit has been added to the guide. When I get home from school today, I'll work on getting the exploit working again. If I fail to do so before the end of this month, it'll be proven wrong.Unless some else finds this. I'm pretty sure it's real though. Refer to the "Neutral-B" section of this guide for a look on how this happened in the first place.

asevengodie

Smash Rookie
If this is actually a tactic, you should give it a name for players to use,
Would be awesome if it works out as a tactic. :D
I call it "K.YO.CAN" based on "knock your can" since Little Mac knocked the can.
pronounced as "kay yoh can"
PS: K.YO.CAN discovered by JgikeD

Last edited:

Butt Luckily

Smash Rookie
It appears to me that this is not an exploit at all and things are working as intended.

What it looks like is DH kicking the can at the last second, but it doesn't explode in time to hit Little Mac. DH is hit by KO Punch, and immediately after the can explodes, DH is hit by the explosion, and receives the can knock back which prevents his death.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'd like to add that even Pikmin can absorb the KO move too.

But more importantly, can the Wild Gunman block the KO move from reaching DHD?

proxibomb

Smash Clown
I'd like to add that even Pikmin can absorb the KO move too.

But more importantly, can the Wild Gunman block the KO move from reaching DHD?
The gunman won't "sponge up" the move, since most move hit boxes probably go through DH. My proof, what I've tested, is that leaving a gunman in front of you is no where near as safer then just using your shield.

Mewtario

Smash Ace
So between this, potentially escaping grabs by having the can sneak up on the grabber, and being able to still attack people while you're asleep by shooting the can, it seems like Duck Hunt, particularly via projectiles, especially via the can, can really mess up people's strategies with a little bit of prior luck!

Last edited:
Top Bottom