• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can Brawl be hacked?

Picartman

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone, I've been playing Brawl ever since the day it came out, but after playing it and messing with it, I've noticed really annoying things in the game, such as tripping and the Stage Editors lack of creative structures. So I was wondering, what if the game could be extracted on your computer to alter game files, and make a new DVD out of it, it wouldn't be illegal since it's your copy (right?). Or maybe even have a hack of some sort on your SD card and you alter things in game? Any thoughts on this?

I'm sorry if this is against the rules or anything...

MyRevenge.

Smash Journeyman
I think you'd need a modded wii to do it... or a wiikey or something..
But I think brawl is fine the way it is...
Though some new stage pieces and stuff would be cool... maybe (crosses fingers) nintendo will one day create a patch...
Thought I doubt it :(

metroid1117

Smash Master
There are videos on YouTube showing characters with swapped movesets, so I'm assuming that yes, it could be hacked. There's also someone who SAID (not proved) that they had unlocked the characters in Brawl by hacking; this was a commenter on one of my YouTube videos.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I would assume that you could also swap out the music files, seeing as how they're easily obtained and converted.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
@thenightmaren

The cake is a lie.

@OP

It could be, but you would have to find some program or something that would allow you to do so. And even then, it would require programming knowledge.

OnettSphere

Smash Cadet
Yes, you could easily take the data off the disk, rearrange it, then burn the new data to an SD card. You would however need a Wiikey or a modded Wii to get it to work, as the regular Wii wouldnt allow you to load the data.

nightSN

Smash Ace
that would be really nice, like more characters, stages, A BETTER ONLINE ORGANIZER, A RANKING SYSYTEM, a chat/msg system. that would be really cool though! we could like start a community and just start having patches on brawl! also adding wavedash and lcancel would be like WOAHH LOL : D

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
I for one would like to play VS. mode on the stage that you battle shadow characters on in the great maze, or The tabuu fight stage, or you know what? Theres a lot of stages in the SSE that would make good stages like any occurrence when you fight a shadow character.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
^Good luck with that. Putting aiside the need for skilled programmers, you'd also run into the problem of people thinking X char needs leet moves and verson conflicts.

Asking for anything more than rearanging moveset data thats already there or swaping music files is taking a second job.

SFJake

Smash Apprentice
Sadly, this is all illegal. If anything, this should be closed for discussing illegal activities. Its illegal, end of the line, don't get hopes on something illegal.

Maveritchell

Smash Rookie
that would be really nice, like more characters, stages, A BETTER ONLINE ORGANIZER, A RANKING SYSYTEM, a chat/msg system. that would be really cool though! we could like start a community and just start having patches on brawl! also adding wavedash and lcancel would be like WOAHH LOL : D

Not exactly the voice of experience in modding, are you? Without the developer's toolkit for the game we couldn't do any of that, bar maybe stage appearance swaps.

Top Bottom