• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can anyone help a diddy?

ADHD

Smash Hero
I'm really not sure what to do in diddy vs ice climbers... it's just.... weird. I seriously don't want to get grabbed, and using my nanerz can mess them up at the right times but if one of them picks it up and lands a naner throw on me I get grabbed, and I'm screwed. I really don't know how to approach these guys.

The reason this is not in the diddy boards is because the better diddys don't really go against the icys often and I'm wondering what and ice climber player would want to do in this battle.

B0NK

Smash Lord
Just use the banana's to combo and keep track of them. It isn't an easy match-up because only one Climber can trip at a time but if you hit Popo you should still be able to pull of the combo's. The Climber's glide toss sucks so don't worry too much about getting grabbed because of a banana. Just keep control of your bananas and you should be fine. I've been beaten by good Diddy's and have beat good Diddy's before so I know that banana control is the key to this match-up.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Yeah, nanner control is important, as is Nana control (HA!).
But yeah, Dsmash is good because of the late second hit that will catch spot dodgers, and I think it's safe on shield I'm not sure.
That's all I know about the matchup.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I know this sounds obvious, but split them up!
the climbers are usually separated from one hit, so take advantage of diddys speed and insane air game. You will end up killing nana, or gimping popo for trying to save nana.

Top Bottom