• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Camping" with Falcon

Smash Apprentice
This might sound weird, but I read some ****s about that people at the wario boards try a "campy" tactic with wario. (link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=216241)

That kind of a melee camp-tactic can only work really well with a crazy DI and supreme aerials like Wario, I know that.

But what I also know is that Falcon as he's played at the moment by the majority of people ain't the right way either, or at least not the best.
Earlier there's been some talk about how to utilize Falcons speed, maybe this would be a way.

We could just chose a stage with platforms (BF, Smashville, Brinstar) and hop around waiting for a difficult and campy enemy like snake to **** something up and we'll attack with some safe move such as Uair/Bair/Jab/Grab.

If someone had THEM MINDGAMEZ 'n stuff to pull off such a creepy tactic completely right this might be useful.

Anyway, I'm not sure bout it but the Falcon boards had a lot of whack topics nowadays, so I created something that might help our metagame.

TheTickleMonster

Smash Rookie
The only place to camp with falcon is the edge, raptor boost it, Forsaken Recovery, and advanced aeriels back onto the stage. Other than that, I really wouldnt suggest camping at all.

very progressive thread idea tho, things seem to be getting better around here.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
You do mean hit and run tactics? It works great. Get in quick, attack quick, retreat quick. But don't utilize his speed just to run or you seem like a wimp.
But I agree, poeple play Captain Falcon way to aggressively right now and it's getting them killed.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I actually think this looks promising for Falcon, and I am one of the few people REALLY camping the f*** outta people with Wario lol.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Hit and run works wonders against non-projectile users.

Not so against the guys with guns. Approach the hell out of guys who don't care if you're close or far, and keep your distance against guys who have to get just as close as you do.

Falcon's speed lets him zip in and out of range quickly, you can sorta just dash in and out of range like some crazy falcon dance :D

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
^^^exactly what I was thinking. Sure, it may not work with other non-projectile characters but Falcon's got the speed. He also has a holstered gun anyway, so why not call it "camping".

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
You need some kind of SDSC (spindash shieldcancel) like Sonic :O Falcon feels to me like some bad Sonic. Less speed, less fake-outs O_o...

However that's just me. Falcon owns regardless of what I think.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Sonic has teh kill moves too. He can kill at 100%+ usually, which isn't that bad. We also has teh gimps and teh springs and teh recovery from every corner off the stage :)

Top Bottom