• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Camping strategies

Taylor

Smash Cadet
So, what do you do when you're at FD, facing Pit, Lucario, Pikachu, or pretty much anyone who can park their character's *** on the other side?

To me, this is pretty much Ike's greatest foe, camping. If you're decent enough with Ike, whipping out that priority with each aerial, your opponent will learn soon enough that a simple combination of a projectile, sidestepping, and shield grabbing is enough to put a real hurt on Ike.

How do you generally deal with campers? I can usually make it to the other side, but I'm having some trouble with more experienced campers.

Valzek

Smash Rookie
Well if he's going under the stage in FD, I'm assuming he's using his up-b in which case drop down and Aether him or fair him, whatever you can safely connect with really. Just remember that when Pit uses his up-b he's basically walking a very narrow line, one scratch and he's dead.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Actually theres a way that GOOD pit players do it that doesn't require them to use up+b but either way that is in no way a good camping strategy ...it doesn't take Ike or any other character that long to get to the other side of FD.....

payasofobia

Smash Champion
my greatest couter to that is ,SELECT A STAGE OTHER THAN FINAL DESTINATION.
that way i can dodge more easily their projectiles

Taylor

Smash Cadet
Oops. I meant to ask how you deal with camping in general. >_>

Top Bottom