• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Camalange Presents: Platform Bounce Canceling

Smashboards moderator and Sonic main Camalange Camalange is back with another tutorial! He previously released several other excellent tutorials that covered things like Instant Spin Dash Jumping, Spinshots, and a unique warp glitch. This time the video focuses on Platform Bounce Canceling, a technique that can be useful as or against Sonic, Mega Man, and even Pac-Man. Give it a watch and see how it can be implemented in game!

To keep up with future videos be sure to check out Camalange on Youtube and consider following him on Twitter. Also as it says in the video be sure to check out the Sonic boards here on Smashboards for more excellent information on Sonic in Smash 4.

Comments

Thanks again for the write-up, Capps!

Though it's niche, I think there could be interesting uses, especially in doubles, and it's non-exclusive to Sonic. Hope to see others get clever with it.

<3

:093:

What is it with Smash and Sonic and springs and crazy shenanigans?

This will be really fun if you get this with Rosalina because it will trigger Lunar Landing so you can get an attack out with Luma and instantly get another out with Rosalina.

Also great music choice. Generations soundtrack is too good.

Great...another thing I have to watch out for Sonic...

As if he wasn't already annoying enough :<

Also seems it could work for others characters...
I'll have to look if my main can do it.

Last edited:
Very interesting. This really was a great find. I look foreword to seeing what tricks I can do with this bounce cancelling. Here's hoping it doesn't get patched out (I could probably live without it, though).

This is super dope, i've accidentally done it with toonlinks down air on smashville before with megamans rush coil but I didn't think of ever using this for movement purposes... brb hitting up the lab

Because the creator of this game said so himself, he wants to patch any techniques that will make the game evolve in anyway. He better stick to his promise or he's a pathetic lair. No, I'm not lying or 'trolling" I'm dead serious as I always am. Thanks.
yet autocanceling has been in the game and purposefully. the only way to get rid of this is to get rid of autocanceling, which would also kill the only string the game has holding it up as a competitive game. you may be serious or "not trolling" but you are not thinking about the game as a whole.

besides that, sakurai like any developer claims alot of things and a bunch of it is not something that is full-filled.

yet autocanceling has been in the game and purposefully. the only way to get rid of this is to get rid of autocanceling, which would also kill the only string the game has holding it up as a competitive game. you may be serious or "not trolling" but you are not thinking about the game as a whole.

besides that, sakurai like any developer claims alot of things and a bunch of it is not something that is full-filled.
Indeed, Smash-4 only has auto-canceling and better yet you better hope that people like myself demand the creator of Smash-4 stick to his promise and that is annihilate any sort of life (technique or tactic) that will give Smash-4 an eye to view the game has a fighting chance.

I'm not thinking I'm only demanding the creator of Smash stick to his promise or he's a lying pathetic hypocrite stick to the promise and quit viewing yourself as a slippery snake.

Indeed, Smash-4 only has auto-canceling and better yet you better hope that people like myself demand the creator of Smash-4 stick to his promise and that is annihilate any sort of life (technique or tactic) that will give Smash-4 an eye to view the game has a fighting chance.
smash 4 does not ONLY have autocanceling for tech. ledge canceled teleports, bomb jumping, float cancel, glidetossing, and that's just to name a few that are either character spicific or more useful to a small amount of characters. Limiting the game's tech limits it's potential. Why would I want him to let the game die off faster?
I'm not thinking I'm only demanding the creator of Smash stick to his promise or he's a lying pathetic hypocrite stick to the promise
why would he start now?
and quit viewing yourself as a slippery snake.
Lol wut?

smash 4 does not ONLY have autocanceling for tech. ledge canceled teleports, bomb jumping, float cancel, glidetossing, and that's just to name a few that are either character spicific or more useful to a small amount of characters. Limiting the game's tech limits it's potential. Why would I want him to let the game die off faster?

why would he start now?

Lol wut?
I know all those techniques are been using all o them since Smash-64 had a few; yes that's my point he's a hypocrite, why? Mm, well, let me just analyze the situation like Rocket science (sigh).

He lied about patching anything that will make the game evolve and besides, isn't this what the majority wants? Balance? Just a simple tag your it with grabs and follow up from there without any techniques whatsoever. He's pathetic as well for making millions of people believe he will make this game as simple and non based complex now he wants to leave some techniques into the game.

He just wrote stating he doesn't want Smash-4 to evolve and now he's allowing these techniques become allowed into the game. And he's a slippery Snake my apologizes I used the second tense "you" when it was suppose to be a third tense. Thanks.

Top Bottom