• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Calling On All Charizard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
Some standard fare edgegaurd stuff. You should have included Charizard in other situations, as well. His grab game is of note, unless you don't work much with it.

Santi

Smash Lord
Some standard fare edgegaurd stuff. You should have included Charizard in other situations, as well. His grab game is of note, unless you don't work much with it.

It was just a little something video video.
Not a combo video that I spent weeks on.

It was just mostly just to showcase rock smash.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
I'm curious, how do you get along with fatigue? Understandably Charizard does the best of the three while fatigued, but it still affects you. Do you use the other two at all in the transitionary period?

Santi

Smash Lord
I'm curious, how do you get along with fatigue? Understandably Charizard does the best of the three while fatigued, but it still affects you. Do you use the other two at all in the transitionary period?
Well me and my Charizard share a special bond. I can tell that he loves me and he knows I love him back.
So in battle, he fights a lot harder for me.

Thats how I deal with fatigue since I don't play with squirtle and Ivy at all during transition.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
Well me and my Charizard share a special bond. I can tell that he loves me and he knows I love him back.

Thats how I deal with fatigue since I don't play with squirtle and Ivy at all during transition.
No, I meant how much of a hassle is it to get to higher percentages, preffered kill moves, etc.

But I guess from your situation, you've taken to gimping more often to compensate for your fatigue.

So you just switch immedietly regardless of what might hit you?

Charizard92

Smash Champion
... That doesn't help AT ALL!!! There is no way to stop fatigue, and no matter how much you claim it is something special Charizard is just a bunch of codes on a disc who barely knows who you are! Wow, I never thought I'd say this. I know you like Charizard, I do too and I tried to perfect him as well, but you have to use Squirtle and Ivysaur to use P. Trainer especially well. Once (if ever) fatigue is taken out of the picture I will use Charizard only as well. But now you have to use all three, not just one. I apologize to Charizard for the second sentence, he is my favorite Pokemon (behind only Charmander, who evolves into Charizard).

PS: this is to Santi, not Retro Gaming

Santi

Smash Lord
No, I meant how much of a hassle is it to get to higher percentages, preffered kill moves, etc.

But I guess from your situation, you've taken to gimping more often to compensate for your fatigue.

So you just switch immedietly regardless of what might hit you?
Not much a hassle.
I just use rock smash
and rock smash

and by the time the move has decayed... i kill with up B or Fair.

Then do it again and ofcourse gimp when I can. :)

Yea i just switch, take the damage.. then headbutt some rock.

... That doesn't help AT ALL!!! There is no way to stop fatigue, and no matter how much you claim it is something special Charizard is just a bunch of codes on a disc who barely knows who you are! Wow, I never thought I'd say this. I know you like Charizard, I do too and I tried to perfect him as well, but you have to use Squirtle and Ivysaur to use P. Trainer especially well. Once (if ever) fatigue is taken out of the picture I will use Charizard only as well. But now you have to use all three, not just one. I apologize to Charizard for the second sentence, he is my favorite Pokemon (behind only Charmander, who evolves into Charizard).
IT does help. i can feel it. Trust me. There is a bond between us.
I understand you being upset that you can't feel the fire within.

Squirtle and Ive are just distractions that were put in the game to stunt Charizard from reaching his full godly potential.

Onxy

Smash Lord
I'm sure he was just kidding around, Charizard.

Edit: After reading the new post, I'm sure Charizard and you have a special bond, but I'm sure the PT, and the other Pokemon hate you with a fiery passion.

Santi

Smash Lord
wow your charizard is very good
-very good use of aerials
-chasing
-and ROCK SMASH!
Thanks mickeyk90 :)
Rock Smash destroys all.

I'm sure he was just kidding around, Charizard.

Edit: After reading the new post, I'm sure Charizard and you have a special bond, but I'm sure the PT, and the other Pokemon hate you with a fiery passion.
The other Pokemon do hate me with a fiery passion, but that fire just fuels my Charizard and makes him even stronger.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I treat them more evenly, so if they do know who I am, PT would thank me, and the Pokemon would like me, Charizard more so.

wavelucas

Smash Apprentice
*Throws a falcon knee... shattering the stupid boulder.... into charizards face.... for the epic kill.*
Actually, the rock fragments would still damage you even if you destroyed the boulder, try it.

darklink92

Smash Rookie
Squirtle and Ivysaur are going to get back at you for ignoring them. And your precious Charizard won't be able to help you.

Onxy

Smash Lord
Yeah like I said before, Squirtle and Ivy isn't enjoying this. You better sleep with one eye open, 'cause Squirtle is trained in the art of Ninjitsu.

Santi

Smash Lord
Don't worry guys. The other Pokemon know that I must win. And I have to use my strongest.
Squirtle and Ivy are fine on the bench not getting any action and letting Charizard do all the work.

Tourny time today :)

GO CHARIZARD!!!!!!!!!! USE ROCK SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wavelucas

Smash Apprentice
Don't worry guys. The other Pokemon know that I must win. And I have to use my strongest.
Squirtle and Ivy are fine on the bench not getting any action and letting Charizard do all the work.

Tourny time today :)

GO CHARIZARD!!!!!!!!!! USE ROCK SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
good luck, and to dojo. and retro gaming: if he wants to feel that way about playing as charizard, why can't you just let him?

wavelucas

Smash Apprentice

Does your charizard ever get angry if you feel the need to play as a different character for a counterpick or stage counterpick? or do you just not do that?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Not a bad Charizard at all.

Your playing style is actually very similar to mine, except you do less grabs and more crazy edgeguarding with Fair/Bair.

I gotta try that.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
good luck, and to dojo. and retro gaming: if he wants to feel that way about playing as charizard, why can't you just let him?
Feel what way? I'm not trying to force him to do anything, I was asking him questions about fatigued Charizard since I'm pretty certain he would know a thing or two about him. :ohwell:

infernovia

Smash Ace
Yeah, it would be interesting if fatigue really wasn't as character killing as we presumed. Well, at least for Charizard.

wavelucas

Smash Apprentice
Feel what way? I'm not trying to force him to do anything, I was asking him questions about fatigued Charizard since I'm pretty certain he would know a thing or two about him. :ohwell:
sorry, i confused your post with charizard92's, i meant to adress him.

Bahamut27

Smash Apprentice
My main is charizard too, but it you dont use a squiertle and ivyraur, you dont win...
some caracter are strong and it you swit y bad moment you would lost 1 life... that is critical :urg:

For that reason i used charizard but used the other too... :)

PS: sorry i leaning english...

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
IT does help. i can feel it. Trust me. There is a bond between us.
I understand you being upset that you can't feel the fire within.

Squirtle and Ive are just distractions that were put in the game to stunt Charizard from reaching his full godly potential.
[/QUOTE]
The other Pokemon do hate me with a fiery passion, but that fire just fuels my Charizard and makes him even stronger.[/QUOTE]

I'll have what he's smoking!:laugh:

lol...Nice vid btw

Top Bottom