• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cake's Wolf

Dojo

Smash Champion

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
**** that. I hate Metaknight. All I can do is yell.

Metaknight is the bane of my exsistence.

The only advice I have for him is, at least against Metaknight:

1. Perhaps find a new character
2. Make Metaknight come to you and space like a mofo. Ftilts and dtilts included.
3. If you can keep Metaknight in the air above you, particularly in Uair range, that's good. I think.

I don't know. MK sucks. By sucks I mean is too **** good.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Haha. Yeah he gets pissed off too. Says all kinds of things like:

"**** this game, **** that character, and **** you"

"I hate this game so much"

"Broken *** MK"

"**** this, I'm quitting"
10 minutes later*
"Ok, lets do this so I can get owned some more"

He hates it. I try to help him a bit, but he ignores me. So I was hoping some advice from fellow Wolf's would help a little.

Thanks for the advice.

Loup17

Smash Apprentice
kash pretty much summed up my feelings, but i can add one thing, short hopped lasers help more than grounded lasers against metaknight since he tends to stay in the air, even when fighting a grounded opponent.

Peppers

Smash Apprentice
first of all dojo u have a great MK
2nd of all Cake has got to space himself more from MK or he wont dojo was up ur *** the whole time
if u wanna play wolf v MK u gotta use more lasers then normal and keep MK onda ground or above u
(ftilt aoutreaches his sword and fsmash outreaches sword, uptilt ,upsmash and uair out reach MK dair)
bair v bair MK will win so its a real tricky fight

my suggestion find an alt for against ppl like MK and zelda or play defensive

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'm going to have to disagree, Loup.

It is true, but generally you won't catch a Metaknight with a short hop laser unless you force him in the air; otherwise, he is already too close to you to being doing short hop lasers.

Grounded lasers are equally as failuresome due to excellent and easy power shielding (as displaying in that video). Not to mention if you resort to short hopping them, Metaknight will simply walk under them.

Sounds like your friend Johns a lot, but it is honorably that you continue to try and help him despite his negativity. Sorry, I wish I could help more. Metaknight... is a battle I'm still figuring out myself.

Loup17

Smash Apprentice
mm, you're probably right. when i said it i was thinking more of the times when the tornado was used for approaches and the laser went under it. spacing wise, tilts won't work on the tornado, so the laser becomes your best option, but he has to remember to sh it. that's all i meant. at least in my head, i didn't articulate it well, lol.

S4PIENT

Smash Rookie
Reflectors are your best friend against MK. Instead of shielding, try to time your reflector. MK's recovery is still pretty insane, so don't expect them all to give you perfect setups...but it will definitely help quite a bit.

I noticed you did it a couple of times, but abuse the hell out of them next time and see if it works ;)

Dojo

Smash Champion
Thanks for the feedback guys. I really appreciate it. I'll let him know. I'll have some more matches up sometime of different matchups. Thanks again.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Also, I've been thinking.

It seems spiking Metaknight, despite how risky it is, seems like it would be worth it. You get that little ******* out of the way, save your dsmash still, and prevent the sum billions of percents he'd rack up before you could actually land a kill move.

Dojo

Smash Champion
He actually started playing a little more risky off edge over the past couple of days. On that last match he was going for it you could tell. He gets it on me occasionally.

Its a big risk/reward situation. I'd really rather him up the rest of his game before he goes out like that though. He does really well when he sets his mind to it but sometimes he's just like a bleh, whatever mood.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Haha, good points all around. That first match was **** and the last one a little bit, too, but that middle one he started holding his own. Maybe I could get some me vs. MK action on Youtube. That might help.

Top Bottom