• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C9|Mango's Must-Watch Post-Apex 2015 Interview

beetlebomber

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0662-3406-7424
In common usage, theft is the taking of another person's property without that person's permission or consent with the intent to deprive the rightful owner of it.

GimR nor VGBC are being deprived of ownership of anything. It wasn't stolen from the VGBootcamp channel, unless they did a remarkable job at stealing and hijacked the original video source while removing the original from the internet.
Regardless I think we should disapprove of undercutting content creators' view counts by posting and reposting videos that are from his stream.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Regardless I think we should disapprove of undercutting content creators' view counts by posting and reposting videos that are from his stream.
I can't speak for everyone, but I personally wouldn't have looked for any of this stuff on the stream in any case. If GimR wants to upload matches and get views, he can, as the case would be legitimate that his videos are being used and taking revenue.

Are the multiple subscribers that watch through ad blocking software stealing? They are undercutting revenue just as much, but it's a lot harder to make an example out of them.

Fig Newton

Smash Cadet
NNID
Figglypuff
Honestly, I really enjoyed the interviews between all the players post-Apex. It's really great to see that they are trying to stay positive despite not achieving their goals. Personally that's how I feel the community should strive to act in general and I'm glad to have seen that at the end of Apex.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Videos are removed to some copyright claims. Da ****?

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
But he lost 1000$ to leffen
Oh yeah. But was his fault to put his money in 1 set xD But his position was very good! Better than Hungrybox and M2K for exemple.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
it's okay guys vgbc will upload the interviews soon, probably some time before apex 2017 at this rate. you can't blame gimz for wanting to squeeze every penny of ad revenue, we all know how hard vgbc is struggling to make ends meet these days.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
it's okay guys vgbc will upload the interviews soon, probably some time before apex 2017 at this rate. you can't blame gimz for wanting to squeeze every penny of ad revenue, we all know how hard vgbc is struggling to make ends meet these days.
No doubt.

Well if he didn't want other people uploading the interviews he could very well upload them himself in a timely fashion. Uploading videos isn't a hard thing to do.

VGBC does seem more Ad revenue / profit oriented recently which I hope doesn't affect the quality too much. It was kind of annoying to hear shoutouts to the same sponsors after almost each match and from what I heard the commentators had INSANE pressure on them to focus on the Nintendo sponsorship more than the actual matches... lame!

Shenmue

Smash Rookie
Lost like a straight up BUSTA!. Love Mango and the guy is a real chill and fun to watch. His movement is something to aspire to

AoN Aqua

Smash Rookie
Dude someone like Mango is a pretty good role model, he always knows how to chill and have a good time

42nd

Smash Cadet
Leffen is getting a lot better in a short period of time which is amazing. Mad props to the guy. Lets see how people adapt to him

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
No doubt.

Well if he didn't want other people uploading the interviews he could very well upload them himself in a timely fashion. Uploading videos isn't a hard thing to do.

VGBC does seem more Ad revenue / profit oriented recently which I hope doesn't affect the quality too much. It was kind of annoying to hear shoutouts to the same sponsors after almost each match and from what I heard the commentators had INSANE pressure on them to focus on the Nintendo sponsorship more than the actual matches... lame!
we got backed up. I was exhausted, that's it. The commentators focusing on a Nintendo sponsorship was an event obligation it had nothing to do with me or VGBootCamp

Top Bottom