• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C4

SolidSmash

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone.
Just want to say first off hello to all my fellow Snake players. He really is an awesome character.
Now a question on Snake's C4. I read somewhere else on here that it is possible to down grab someone, which puts them to sleep, and put the C4 on them before they recover. I was trying this yesterday, and each time I was too late, as they would recover before I could finish putting the C4 on. JW if anyone has any experience with this?

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
You have to tech-chase the downthrow until the opponent gets scared of rolling. Usually what happens is you downthrow, they roll, you follow and downthrow again. Sometimes people try to throw you off by not rolling at all, waiting until you run, and then using getup-attack or rolling the other way. If you can predict them doing that, you can stick a C4 on them when they don't move. If not, then you planted a C4 and they got away, no biggie.

Dinivan

Smash Rookie
I needed a place to pose these questions. What are the rules for transfer? Unless I'm mistaken..

Character-character touch = possible
Non-projectile attack launched/received = possible

But:
Does this apply to disjointed hitboxes? (Marth could transfer/receive through his attacks?)
Does this apply to people rolling through you? (I'd guess not)
What about people hopping through you? (Basically, ground-to-air body overlap. ALMOST a given.)
Can shields transfer C4?

snake!

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone.
Just want to say first off hello to all my fellow Snake players. He really is an awesome character.
Now a question on Snake's C4. I read somewhere else on here that it is possible to down grab someone, which puts them to sleep, and put the C4 on them before they recover. I was trying this yesterday, and each time I was too late, as they would recover before I could finish putting the C4 on. JW if anyone has any experience with this?
it's possible but only if they dont move immediately for fear of a chain grab

Invalid

Smash Rookie
This is related I guess, how would you do a C4 recovery? If there is a post that is related please feel free to link it instead of an indepth explanation. Thank you

Dinivan

Smash Rookie
C4 recovery basically involves:
Using your cypher but not be able to recover for whatever reason -->
Dropping a C4 midair with down-b -->
Detonating it with down-b so it hits you (a bit of positioning may be required) -->
Using the explosion-recharged cypher to get some more air.

Repeat if necessary/possible without blowing yourself up.

And again, if anyone is willing to look into c4 transfer properties (I don't have a game handy) I'd be pretty appreciative.

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
Wait... This is a topic on a specific manuever using the C4 or what? I'm confused about even getting it on someone in the first place and the specifics about that.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
I have the hardest time Powershielding a C4 on someone. The down throw is easy if I predict their roll right but the power shield stick is tough for me. Any tips?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
You don't even really need to powershield it. Snake can stick people even if they're blocking. Just use your shield to block an attack, drop the shield and stick the C4 instead of shield grabbing.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
C4 is really easy to stick on people with laggy moves, don't even have to powershield, just dodge and down+b

Top Bottom