• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 Jiggly January! 1-31-2010, Ashburn, VA

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Date
January 31, Sunday(One Day Only)

Place
44710 Cape Court #118
Ashburn, VA 20147

This is a LAN center, it is located in a business strip mall thingy. There's plenty of parking all over the place, just don't park directly in front of the building, as those spots are reserved. Look for the big C3 sign. This tournament will be held in the new BACK ROOM of C3, which can hold 50 people comfortably. C3 owns a plethora of non-laggy televisions which we can use for the event. Please bring Wiis! Five $5 venue-fee discounts will be given to the first 5 Wiis brought.
703 728 7301 (My cell)

Price
10$ Venue Fee
10$ Singles
20$ Doubles (10$ a person)

Payouts
All money put into entering the tournament goes into the pot.
Singles will pay top 4, 55/30/10/5. Doubles will pay top 3, 60/30/10.

Schedule
2pm - Doors open, Registration begins.
3pm - Registration ends, Teams begins shortly after.
6pm - Teams ending with singles starting
Everyone leaves at end of tournament (10pm)

Rules

Starter stages:
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's DS
Lylat Cruise

Counter PICKS:
Castle Siege
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Delphino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium 1

ALL OTHER STAGES BANNED

3 Stock
8 Minute time limit.

This tournament will be enforcing a 50 edge-grab planking rule. If your character grabs the ledge 50 times in one match (as shown at the end match statistics), AND the match times out, you automatically forfeit that match. (Keep in mind, you will not come close 50 edge-grabs in a match unless you are actively trying to stall the match on the ledge.)

This tournament will also be banning King Dedede Standing Infinites. This includes the "small step" infinite. Characters affected by this are Samus/Bowser/Donkey Kong/Mario/Luigi. If any of these matchups occur and a one standing regrab is used, the player has the right to pause the match and call me over. I will issue a warning and watch the remainder of the match, and if another standing grab occurs, the player will forfeit that match.

Stage Striking in effect! Winner of the match bans a stage, loser of first match then picks stage, then winner selects character, then loser selects character IN THAT ORDER. You may not select a stage you have already won on in the set (unless opponent agrees).
Best 2 out of 3 with finals being 3 out of 5.
If timer runs out, then match is decided by higher stocks, then lowest percentage. If percentage is tied, 1 stock rematch on same stage occurs. If match ends in a tie for any other reason, a 1 stock match is played out.

- Wiis loaded through homebrew are BANNED. Anyone wishing to use the "infinite replays" hack, must put that hack and ONLY that hack on their SD card and then clear it with me. "No Tripping" hack is BANNED.

-"Accidental pausing" during an IC chaingrab warrants a free grab for the IC player, if he elects to do so.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
another timing change!!!!

tournament will start at 3pm! be there to register at 2pm. more time for all you late's

Final Fantasy XIV

Banned via Warnings
10 pm singles starting?

That's just fine with me, although get ready for the influx of whining.

Can probably come to this.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
lol @ blatant typo. fixed Taj!!!

anyone here going to magfest? ill be there with the legendary Ness_STFU and MEGA

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
I will most likely be there. WITH A MELEE SETUP!!!

But yeah this will be my first brawl tournament in like 2 years. Or something close to that lawl.

EDIT: The 31st is a sunday. Not a saturday.

Also yeah I will be at MAGfest hosting the Melee tournament as you know.

Final Fantasy XIV

Banned via Warnings
ooh sunday? hell yeah, i'll definitely be there.

why does everyone dislike the fact that a tourney is on sunday? nothing goes on besides those of you with church in the morning.

and don't give me the whole "oh i have work next morning" excuse, ya'll aren't 50 years old, you even those from MD can be home at a reasonable time, there should be less traffic anyway.

Final Fantasy XIV

Banned via Warnings
really? man, i take my night owl tendencies for granted then

i can survive anything as long as i get at least 5 hours of sleep.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I have to get up at 6am

So going to be around 10 would be normal for me, im not a night owl, and i fall asleep driving late

Final Fantasy XIV

Banned via Warnings
i see.

anyway, i'll need a teammate for this, but i'll wait to see how i do at gamehaven and pound 4 before confirming anyone.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I have to get up at 6am

So going to be around 10 would be normal for me, im not a night owl, and i fall asleep driving late
Oh God you drive while you're asleep on the road? And you're still alive?

Anyone here use Ness? I am maining him (in brawl) and I need some help.
Try the Ness character boards pl0x.

I only have one major concern and it always will come up, and thats a ride there. Anyone offering would be nice.
A minor concern would be anyone wanting to team in doubles with me. =)

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Well I wanted to see if anyone could give me Ness tips in real life instead of on the forums. But yeah, should be fun to go to.

I wish I knew how to play doubles, I just dont have a clue.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Well I wanted to see if anyone could give me Ness tips in real life instead of on the forums. But yeah, should be fun to go to.

I wish I knew how to play doubles, I just dont have a clue.
You dont need to think to play Doubles or even be good on your own, just look at Inui.

</trolling>

Allied

Smash Master
I wanna come to this =] umm if i bring people do you think we can be housed anywhere i will pay too :D?

its gonna be like a 4 hour trip for me thats why XD

(gonna ask atomsk,inui etc to come too if i decide to come)

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I should be coming to this. I need to whipe the dust off of my tourney play and get some tourney time in. ;)

If I come, I'm sure some of Wallstreet will be with me since we travel in packs. lol

g-regulate

Smash Hero
^awesome!!

post in the thread if you need any help or info. Bring your wii early for a $5 refund on venue fee!

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Just so they all know, if someone steals my wii and I know who it is, I'll STAB THEM. j/k (No Really, I'll stab you.)

Just as long as D0N is giving me a ride, yo.

Top Bottom