• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETELY VANILLA Mafia | Game Over

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
If you’re wondering what the “bluff” was, it was that everybody was on the same page about a mass claim except for them. I wanted to see whether Somi genuinely had town information or if they were just faking it to get by. If they were scum, they wouldn’t have known the format of the town role PMs, which is what I was trying to deduce from Somi. However, that particular mechanism can no longer be used after it was outed and nobody played along with it, but I can’t fault anybody in particular. :/
This is the closest one talking about my insistence on somi being a bluff

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That doesn't explain why you voted FrozenFlame on Day 1.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Lol, alright. I thought I was going to have to drop my reads before you voted UP. As a general advice since you town read me I think you should have consulted with me on Ran or Frozen as first choice, but fortunately I after with you.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Boom, who are you planning to vote
As a general advice since you town read me I think you should have consulted with me on Ran or Frozen as first choice
I wanted to, that’s why I made that first post I quoted. On the other hand, I just wanted to throw the vote out there and get it over with.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Okay so now I put myself in a thunderdome with one of the Decisive Games legends. Y’all better get popcorn for this party, I’m not going to lose this after my “holier-than-thou” complex in all of D1 and D2
You've already won, unless Somi gets cold feet and panics.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You voted FrozenFlame on Day 1. Why did you vote him then and there?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
literally flipping from being antagonistic toward xiivis slot to attempted pocketing and more gross LAMIST
this is totally normal townie play right? Just saying "im not doing that" without even attempting to provide a reason? what I still can't get over his how you don't realize how little the claim order is going to matter lmao
I'm so town and its so obvious how could any slot POSSIBLY attack me?! The audacity! The grime! LAMIST ad nauseum!
grasping the setup
thinking claimorder will matter
pick one
that was an amazingly fast backpedal
"lol im not backpedaling, I was just pretending to care about claim order the whole time! I totally don't care at all!"

"but actually tho I care"

:thinkingemoji:
I’m going to sleep on a FrozenFlame/Xivii scumteam and do some carnival tricks in my sleep.
A lot of D1 I spent trying to get at people’s goats, and it worked on Frozen to a surprisingly successful degree. Effectively, they were scumreading me over an assortment of cheap shots, assumed malicious intent over extremely petty things such as “not wanting to be the second person to claim” and me telling that they are reading wayyy to far into WIFOM as attempted pocketing, which makes zero sense in the context of the original post but Frozen’s arguments were completely devoid of context so it was a necessary evil for them.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You voted FrozenFlame before his posts voting you.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Frozen was very angery so maybe that speaks to something deep inside his soul. Good to note for later, could be genuine annoyance from somebody trying to solve the game or general annoyance that I was being a cocky *****. I don’t have any clues on which is the right answer, but I know it’s easier for scum to blend in if they experience the emotions that they project, so I’d say it probably leans more toward the latter but the people who solve the game after I end up dying can use these interactions to their fullest potential.
This still holds true.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You. Why did you thunder dome Frozen instead of me?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Why did you thunder dome Frozen instead of me?
Statistically speaking, Frozen is the most likely to be scum when weighing into all possible scumteams. Boom isn’t aligned with you or Frozen, and Somi already made is unalignment with you clear with leaving a vote on you at the end of D2.
I made a typo, that was obviously in reference to FF being most likely scum out of all possible scumteams, not town. My bad, apologies.

Your turn. Do you think the scumteam could be me and Frozen?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I think not. [Boom, UP]
Thank you for the [Boom, UP] bit. I knew you said you townread FF but I wanted to hear you say it again. Now that we’re in lylo, people cannot rescind their vote. Frozen isn’t self voting, you’re not voting hammering Frozen, and Boom isn’t hammering Frozen either. That means that yes, either I found scum, or I am scum.

My question to you is this. If there’s only one scum between me and Frozen, and Frozen is town to you, why aren’t you voting me now?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Boom
Somi
Xivii
Frozen

(nice rainbow)

Like tbh it’s really, really obvious with only four people left.
When did Frozen get to be on the bottom of your reads list? If this is the case, why did you begin Day 3 with this quote:

When did Froze get to the bottom here? If this was the case, why did you make th
Okay spectators, so what’s going to happen is Im going to vote Xivii. If I vote Xivii and they aren’t instantly hammered, then that means that either:

A) Xivii is scum
B) I am scum

As for who Xivii’s mate is I haven’t yet figured it out. I already have the whole game mapped out if I’m right and turns out it comes solely down to me. First off we’re yeeting Xivii because they’re scum and a bunch of dead people agree. Then Somi dies and we can figure out who it is between FF and BoomFrog. I’m not going to elaborate either way right now because A) I get killed for being right and B) It could be influenced by what happens today. Spoiler alert, BoomFrog said some pretty grimy things yesterday and Xivii has been doing some predictable distancing so I think that’s where we go.

But yeah, the only options today are me and Xivii because I’m going to be dumb as usually and take a risk that could easily be wrong and cost us the game. But I do **** like that all the time and it’s going to be very hard to convince me not to be the first to vote.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
To subvert expectations. Make you frantic. I decided that voting Frozen would’ve been the outcome that was most likely to hit scum, even if I think your scum had ACTED the scummiest. I also wanted to weigh in the possibility that if the scumteam was Frozen/Somi, the game would end and town would lose. I decided that I wasn’t a fan of that option, so I went with the safer alternative rather than my most powerful gut instinct. I adjusted my readslist to account for that, I switched Xivii and FF when I decided to vote for FF

Top Bottom