• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETELY VANILLA Mafia | Game Over

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
1) Probably? Enough to answer your questions
It's just that I asked you what you thought about that Boom quote as I had made multiple posts yesterday relaying why I thought it was scummy. But your assumption was that I was asking about it in an attempt to get you to town read Boom.

4) Because I thought he was a miller with only half of the picture, but when he said he was self-doubting it was clear he wasn’t. This means literally nothing I have zero reason to elaborate further.
This doesn't address my point, though. It was halfway into page 3. What time was wasted? I'm attempting to get into your mindset. Is it that you were posting notes/theorizing on it privately?

5) I don’t think I ever seriously believed Somi was scum when you and FrozenFlame were still in the game.

Edit to 5: not on D2 at least, and besides them having their vote on you at the end of D2 is a good look so I feel better about them, they’re just fine.

Like I said I don’t think I was ever too sus of somi on D2, if I was then the points are already stale and I know I pushed for them a bit on D1 but there’s more obvious scum in the waters now so somi is cleared by the Anti-PoE and their vote on you, along with by my certainty that both scum voted for DP.
This was your post on D2:
I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! THAT WAS LITERALLY EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING THAT SCUM!XIVII WOULD WANT TO DO! THE SCUMTEAM IS SOMITOMI/XIVII
And this is you addressing Frozen on it toDay:
what the actual **** is this? this comes off like scared scum kneejerk reacting to xivii's push and feeling the noose begin to tighten. Big scum pings from this
BAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA I just was thinking exactly what scum!Xivii’s goal would be, and what they posted and what I was theorizing ended up being identical iirc. Fun stuff

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Not sure what you’re referring to, sorry. Could you change the wording of your question, it’s kinda confusing what you want :/
Yes. You said that scum!me did exactly what you thought I would do in a somi/me team. So now that you think somi is town, what do you think scum!me's motivation was?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Yes. You said that scum!me did exactly what you thought I would do in a somi/me team. So now that you think somi is town, what do you think scum!me's motivation was?
Ig you wanted to take credit for having a correct potential correct yeet, like I said I don’t remember all the deets but that was the premise

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
How is it, that I completely forget to check the thread the day D3 starts?
somitomi somitomi what do you find suspicious then.
It started with the push for the mass claim, although that lessened after the discussion we had. What got me on higher alert was you switching back and forth in the last minutes of D1 and I didn't really like your explanation for it on D2. I can't recall the specifics, but you and Boom had a long discussion on D2 and I felt better about Boom than I did about you.
I realise this is a bit handwavy, but that was the most solid thing I could go on.
As for who Xivii’s mate is I haven’t yet figured it out. I already have the whole game mapped out if I’m right and turns out it comes solely down to me. First off we’re yeeting Xivii because they’re scum and a bunch of dead people agree. Then Somi dies and we can figure out who it is between FF and BoomFrog. I’m not going to elaborate either way right now because A) I get killed for being right and B) It could be influenced by what happens today. Spoiler alert, BoomFrog said some pretty grimy things yesterday and Xivii has been doing some predictable distancing so I think that’s where we go.
WIthout disagreeing with the general premise, I'm curious why you think I'd be the target for mafia.
Pre-post edit: Make that "Why am I your town core all of a sudden?"
somitomi somitomi what do you think of UP's play this phase?
It's weirding me out a bit, not for the sudden surge of activity, but because I don't really see the point of going "those yeets were dumb" after the flip and calling everyone out for not lamenting over spilled milk. Do we really need to "admit fault" when everyone can see we messed up anyway? Just odd really and hindsight is 20/20, UP didn't seem to be this certain about DarkPit yesterday.
In general, I called UP out on D1 for being a bit in your face/wandering into explicit and stated LAMIST territory and the above is exactly that.
humor me and assume UP is scum, who's the mate?
I'm gonna say Boom is more likely, you and UP voting each other would be a pretty risky distancing move.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
somitomi somitomi what is your current order of least likey to be scum and most likely scum? Additionally, for each person you think could be scum, please state who you think each person could be partered with.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I shall catch up and give a reads list when I'm done.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
Oh, bummer. Hi, Ranmaru.
somitomi somitomi what is your current order of least likey to be scum and most likely scum? Additionally, for each person you think could be scum, please state who you think each person could be partered with.
Boom
Frozen
Xivii/Ranmaru (with Frozen)
UP (with Boom)
On one hand, I just can't trust nobody now, but on the other hand this streamlines things a bit.
Also somitomi somitomi what, in your opinion, is scummy about switching between to players? And what did you not like about the reasoning provided?
Switching between players itself isn't scummy, but switching back and forth so close to deadline is. All it did was create confusion, which resulted in yeeting a dark horse rather than a player whose connections to other people could be analysed. Mercuri's inactivity wasn't a great threat to town at that point, not greater than the possible scum!DarkPit and I don't really see how the Osie kill was a consequence of mercuri's elimination. It's possible scum would've kept Osie alive after a DarkPit elimination, but there isn't really a logical connection between mercuri and Osie so I'm not sure how you could foresee that at the end of D1.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
Oh crums, I typed up the player list, checked some interactions with possible mates and then didn't sort the order out properly. No, at the moment I think Xivii/Ranmaru is more likely, mostly because of the way the wagons have played out.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
K.

Be partners with Xivii and have a grimy hammer. And probably other stuff that a more skilled player could write about.
I was pushing DP all of D2 and even cautioned against letting Xivii move off of the DP yeet. If Xivii and I were mates that would be a pretty slick plan for us to seem opposed, but push for the same goal. Then D3 and suddenly, wham, we both declare the other to be "probably town". How is that not suspicious?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Town [FrozenFlame, UP ||| Somi > Boom] Scum

Boomfrog: Boomfrog has shown a lack of forward progression, and a lack of passion. He let the game go on without him for a few days before getting involved. He hasn't had a real push of his own, and nor has he tried to defend his town reads. He's stalled his own play to keep his hands clean in the event of a misyeet, and his reads early on weren't solid enough when considering he was waiting to post. (#148, #330, #892)

Somi: Somi has a few scum slip mistakes that he has shown, even recently. (Which is more likely to come from a player that is less invested, but needing to make up reads) Somi has also been trying to force himself this game which is not consistent with his meta. He has also been opportunistic with regards to the Xiivi wagon. (#70, #589, #1334, #1351, #1123)

UP: UP gives me a similar vibe to his town play, arrogant, stubborn, and open to give out reason-less reads lists that backfire. Here he also seems more reserved. (#77, #79, #287, #309, #561)

FrozenFlame: I find his aggressive tone to be coming from Town Frozen. I also find his push on UP genuine yet misguided. (#241)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm vibing with Up here.

Unyeetable -

Chaco

FrozenFlame

UP

Dark Pit - I can see the Xivii's perspective, but I'm still leaning town for other reasons and think the thought process is plausible.

Xivii - very wrong on a lot of points. Probably still town.

Somitomi - Doesn't get it

mərcurı - Seems to be avoiding the whole topic.

I agree we should mass claim today. But I don't want to hear anyone else debate the merits of that besides somitomi somitomi , @mərcurı and @3DSNinja

@3DSNinja play post more. About anything. You don't need to fully catch up, just raw post your thoughts and reactions as you think them.
Boomfrog takes a long while to actually get to posting yet having confirmed. This post doesn't seem to really line up with a wait and see approach. Things were slow and he didn't really do much by this point, and his post is weak.

Ehh, actually. I don't think we'd actually get anything useful out of mass claim anymore. Might as well not do it. Just remember to not give any value to roles in later Days and just yeet based on behavior.
He posts this but hasn't given it real thought. I find this to being reactive and opportunistic. Rather than opposing it as soon as Xiivi (me) brought it up.

Dudes no. DP is scum.
This comes across as very lacking in terms of passion. If DP, who he believes is scum, isn't getting wagoned, he has room to argue in favor, since Mercuri was simply a policy yeet. So, this shows he didn't actually have any qualms with letting Mercuri pass. He wasn't as involved in discussion when Xiivi (me) changed gears from DP to Merc. This is Boom letting a mislynch happen and keeping his hands clean of it, but also trying to show the appearance of 'caring' "GUYS NO, YEET DP NOT MERC" but it's so... underwhelming the way he states it. This is post hammer by the way.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
BoomFrog BoomFrog : Why haven't you defended UP when FrozenFlame was pushing him Day 1? Why didn't you get involved in the early game of the game? What was your game plan, and the results of said game plan.

somitomi somitomi : Can you explain how you messed up your scum list order? Why did you vote Xiivi regarding the mass claim but not show such concern in your #70?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Honestly I just plan on creating a deadlock between me and Xivii by voting him and not worrying about the consequences of two scum hammering him. If I’m wrong? 🤷‍♂️
We lose the game, and you are wrong. If you vote me, Boom and Somi will hammer. Now, let's talk reads. I want you to think about Boom and Somi, without it ever relating to anyone else. Look at them in a vacuum, and then get back to me.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
How is that not suspicious?
It’s not suspicious because you’re addressing it like it’s supposed to be. You wouldn’t do it if you were actually scum, you’d just agree on FrozenFlame, I would’ve voted there, and you would’ve won. But of course that didn’t happen, your attitude right now is townie as heck and I believe that Xivii suddenly started townreading you so that you’d be more willing to side with him.

You trying to convince me that your interaction with Xivii being suspicious when we’re in lylo and you’re one misyeet away from winning makes you town, but not Xivii. Just you in this instance.

Top Bottom