• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETELY VANILLA Mafia | Game Over

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Votecount 2-6

[2] Xivii : UtopianPoyzin, Darkpit54
[1] Darkpit54:, Chaco
[1] UtopianPoyzin: Xivii

[3] Not Voting: somitomi, #HBC FrozeηFlame, BoomFrog

With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to eliminate.

Day 2 Deadline is at 11 PM UTC on Monday August 17th; a little over 19 hours from this post.

Last edited:

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
Hitting your second point though somitomi somitomi , that doesn’t really follow town logic. He has to be in the equation unless you know his alignment, correct? He’s always in the PoE if he hasn’t given you any reason to not be, therefore that’s flawed logic. It’s a burden of proof on town to always make themselves known as town, if they don’t it’s against wincon.
True. What I mean is that mercuri's alignment doesn't influence the possible alignment of others, so it's not a big part of the equation. Most people were nullreading mercuri with varying degrees of frustration and we know even less about mercuri's opinions. As such, mercuri's flip just removed them from the PoE pool, whereas knowing the alignment of an active player could help us sort others as well.
From an objective point of view, it seems kind of absurd to think I'm partnered with either DP or UP. And if you think the other three are town, then I'm town through PoE. So me at the bottom of your list seems like it's more likely to be coming from someone who needs a scumread rather than someone who is trying to solve the game.
This is pretty much "D1: the sequel", I'm not trying to do a complete game solve. The bottom of my list is just people I find suspicious, but I could be wrong about them, so I'm not going to dismiss any one suspect for being incompatible with my other suspects.
What makes you think DP is scum?
You know, I've been thinking about this all morning and I really can't put my finger on what I found suspicious about DarkPit on D1. The bast*rd logic is the only thing I could point at, but I don't think that's very strong. I'm still suspicious of Xivii after this much re-evaluation and seeing my progress so far I'm not sure how much I'll get done in the remaining 9 hours.
##Vote: Xivii
I honestly just feel rather lost though. Probably my own damn fault for not dedicating enough time for the game.
What do you think about hypothetically UP says role cop at the beginning of the game cause that’s what his scum mate is and he gets cred based off of their lynch if it ever happens? Just kind’ve upping the ante.
I'm not sure how UP would get credit for correctly guessing a scum role.

Chaco

Never Logs In
somitomi somitomi it was just a weird insistence for that early D1, so trying to figure out where it came from. What mindset. Just because normally it wouldn’t doesn’t mean it couldn’t be attributed to a town vibe. Plus it was more to create discussion in a fairly stale game.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Late D1 after I point out the last scum game of UP's was Sorcerers (Page 15):
(Btw I know that you’re technically right with Sorcerer’s being my last scum game here. It’s just that I’m having a “huh, really?” revelation because it genuinely feels like I’ve been scum basically every game. It was more of an out-of-game comment, you don’t need to respond to it.)
Earlier in the Day (Page 7):
But on the contrary, I am absolutely vibing rn and I think I’ve almost solved the game already. But doesn’t that always happen? Idks. When was the last time I was scum on Smashboards, I genuinely don’t remember. Was it seriously Sorcerer’s?
This guy I swear.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Osie v FF is TvT. Mercuri is not a good alternative. I’m busy all day as people may or may not know, I might post in the discord though but I’ll make myself available before the deadline to actually vote and such.
where is this confidence on the TvT coming from? Osie was scummy af, and despite me now knowing we were TvT I find it unsettling that you jumped to say "this is TvT" with no explanation

Do you really think that's going to get tracktion in one hour?
Sigh
##Vote: mercuri
You know I'm down with that.

Mer, if you have any good insight you were saving for later, pleaseee drop it now

##Unvote
##Vote: Mərcuri
as happy as I am about us getting rid of what would have been a perma null slot, I'm extremely suss about how quickly these two slots jumped on the merc wagon literally in the very next two posts following xivii's switch to merc. somi's vote just feels like the "oh darn guess we don't have any other options, you sure this'll work? aww shucks man" type fake reluctance and DP's request for "good insight" seems disingenuous given he's enabling a quicklynch by putting the slot at L-2 within minutes of the wagon even starting

Not Osie in any world. That draws suspicion to his claim, and obviously he's protecting me
this doesn't make any ****ing sense. What you do mean you NKing osie would "draw suspicion to his claim?" If you kill him he flips and his role is revealed, what room would be left for suspicion re: his claim once the flip makes in clear?

I’ll claim first as the pop-gun vigilante, that way I don’t have to claim second today because I said I was not going to claim second and that is what I am most adamant about.

That mercuri yeet was the dumbest thing I’ve seen in a really really long time and the scum behind it have my utmost disappointment.
empty shade throwing here is gross, literally zero attempt to do wagonomics on the EoD but still says people on it are scum. Looks like trying to narrow the lynch pool to just those voters and make those not on the misyeet, himself included, look like paragons

The dude wasn't even voting lmao. Not a slot to keep around.

And you were vanity voting on town so not sure how your opinion is of value here tbh
<3

Chaco was the optimal night kill from all perspectives. I didn't at all think osie's role was legit and so would have had no worry killing outside of him. Scum essentially shot themselves in the foot be killing osie.
I definitely had this thought after I saw the kill that it was probably someone who actually believed his claim, I was saying it was a gambit from the start but obviously given osies flip I think he mustve been legitimately confused about how NAR works and why his passive ability rendered his role useless, or he DID understand NAR and is WAS a gambit, but just a town gambit to pull the NK

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! THAT WAS LITERALLY EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING THAT SCUM!XIVII WOULD WANT TO DO! THE SCUMTEAM IS SOMITOMI/XIVII
what the actual **** is this? this comes off like scared scum kneejerk reacting to xivii's push and feeling the noose begin to tighten. Big scum pings from this

It bothers me that DPs point alludes to the fact that Osie’s ability had a potential to work and that was the reason he got killed.
I think I know what you're getting at here but can you unpack this a bit more? point is related to my point made above re: xivii's NK rationale assessment

Chaco Chaco please tell me that you see this doesn't come from town haha. Boom would not actually think this is a legit point to consider. Of course mafia would have this, especially given the fact that I've established many times that Kary 100% gave scum roles to fit in (whether that it's their actual role or safe claim). I mean not doing so would just be negligent. This is fake to the 1 millionth degree.
Can you explain this more?

UP is hardcoasting today.
he started coasting as soon as I started calling him out for just spamming LAMIST and acting like town leader just for being really "active" early D1. I get heavy vibes that his now absence in contrast to this initial energetic approach to the game is the result of scum being deflated that they didn't obtain the early game clout they wanted from the early activity push. Has a very "well **** it, I couldn't take the reins early with my early powerplay so I'll just coast now so that I don't draw scrutiny to my slot with out getting a concomitant town!clout reward." UP was leaning so hard into his self proclaimed position as most obvtown, this complete relinquishment of that approach and contentment to just ride in the background now doesn't seem like what a townslot would do. I'd expect for a "ok fine I get LAMIST is lame but I'm still going to be active af and push my reads because I'm actually confident in them" approach, not a throw up your hands and fade away

Chaco Chaco @UtopianPoyzin BoomFrog BoomFrog #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame please acknowledge this and state whether you agree with this. If all town members come to see that somi is not scummates with darkpit, and if darkpit is scum, then we have this game won.
I follow your logic here, I think DP's comments really do reflect a genuine lack of info re: somi's slot. Not that this isn't fakeable, but given the surrounding context you provided I think it's really unlikely to be staged

He did so as town in Oasis as well I believe.
was he trying to push himself as town leader in that game too prior to the coasting?

Killing osie was indeed a mistake. You and DP though seem to be the only one's that believed his claim, as evident by your response to his claim yesterday, which caused you to back off the mass claim.
as WIFOM as this all is, I really do think that this is a meaningful point

I never said it was orchestrated by him. I said he set the table for it. He planted it into everyone's minds, taken advantage of by Xivii at EoD. It was a team effort.
I really, really wish I was this slick as scum lmao, using policy as a basis for for opening the door to a slot and then having a partner pick up the wagon at EoD and close the wagon without my help is chefs kiss level scumplay. this a big reach though, I wasn't planting anything in anyone's minds, there was nothing subtle about my callouts of mercs slot, I was frustrated with an antitown playstyle that would not have existed in old school dgames and being a curmudgeony old **** about it, it's really that simple

I'm not changing my vote btw. It's ridiculous that UP's done nothing for two phases, Hasn't answered a single question from today.
amen

##Vote: UtopianPyozin

I think we're either dealing with a full coast scum team or one coaster and one powerwolf between boom/xivii/chaco. UP/somi and UP/DP are very possible in my mind but I'm paranoid af that I'm getting outplayed/pocketed by boom/xiivi/chaco. if one of those three slots is scum though that should be easier to figure out as the game goes on and with a hopeful scumflip before any lylo scenario to assess the papertrail of

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
We have approx 6.5 hours till deadline, I'm going to try to multitask while I'm working and ISO UP to see if I can get a better idea of possible scummates. Anyone who's around in the meantime please @ me if I missed any questions posed to me or if you want my analysis on something. Hoping that BoomFrog BoomFrog is still able to jump in closer to deadline despite the V/LA and Xivii Xivii and Chaco Chaco if you guys can answer some of the Qs I posed in my above post that would be super helpful

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Can you explain this more?
Yes, Boom was saying that it would be weird for scum!somi's role to mention being recruited, so he saw why Chaco was town reading his claim (though that actually wasn't Chaco's reasoning); however, Boom has already acknowledged that Kary would have provided safe claims / roles, so this reasoning doesn't make sense. There's no way to deduce a person's alignment from their role this game.
I think we're either dealing with a full coast scum team or one coaster and one powerwolf between boom/xivii/chaco. UP/somi and UP/DP are very possible in my mind but I'm paranoid af that I'm getting outplayed/pocketed by boom/xiivi/chaco. if one of those three slots is scum though that should be easier to figure out as the game goes on and with a hopeful scumflip before any lylo scenario to assess the papertrail of
Why not DP?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, Boom was saying that it would be weird for scum!somi's role to mention being recruited, so he saw why Chaco was town reading his claim (though that actually wasn't Chaco's reasoning); however, Boom has already acknowledged that Kary would have provided safe claims / roles, so this reasoning doesn't make sense. There's no way to deduce a person's alignment from their role this game.
ok totally follow you now. I agree it makes no sense to think that somi can't be scum because the slots role mentions immunity to recruitment, just because it would be a redundant ability were it an ability given to a scum slot. It's been pretty clear that all the roles are essentially non functional and have no impact on the balance of the game so giving scum an "immune to recruit" safeclaim is completely possible. Boom saying "Mafia generally can't be recruited so that'd be weird to note that in a scum role. Hmm." in #987 does not make sense to me coming from a slot that I thought very much "got it" re: the nature of the roles in this game from the get go. In fact, if there were fuctional roles in this game, giving scum a fake claim of immune to recruitment would actually work perfectly because a scum slot, assuming "normal" game build rules, would in fact be unable to be recruited so the claim would check out

BoomFrog BoomFrog what was your thought process here? Your assessment doesn't seem to track with your claimed understanding of the setup
Why not DP?
I'm not sure what you're asking here? Are you asking why I'm currently voting UP over DP right now? Because I'm definitely considering a DP/UP scumteam and I just started my iso and am already sketched out by some early interactions between the slots

Chaco

Never Logs In
#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame Yeah so basically I thought that DP legitimately thinks Osie got killed because his role would work. Even though it’s a given that he’s slow and would not make it in time to actually be effective for a protect. Osie obviously tried to draw NK as well, and his constant proclamation of when I’m dead toMorrow do this: I feel like that was coaching scum here. Vet scum that would not have swayed. Cause let’s be honest, if I was scum and Merc had not been lynched D1, I totally would have killed them just because I wanted to. Or would’ve killed you, or Xivii. Osie was not prime at all because they were so limelight and suss. Pushing an ML on them would’ve been vastly easier than me or you or someone who has had more town reads on them across the board. So Osie was in my mind a newer scum kill. Hunting a PR in a game where PRs are fluff.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah I cleared Somi from my PoE cause his role was as close to mine as any where. So likelihood of him being town was greater in my mind due to that. But literally stated it was a clear until more content arose. Booms interpretation was vastly off from my meaning. But thats what you get when you leave things like that open ended.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Solid point on UP calling you guys TvT. I dislike how he has played Mercs lynch as a reason to be disengaged toDay. Doesn’t seem genuine and his banter back to me wasn’t set on good faith imo. Like any other town would recognize “yo I wasn’t here so I didn’t contribute to EOD therefore my opinion isn’t really valued in this scenario” ONE VOTE would’ve resulted in a DP Lynch.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
...yes sir
##Unvote

Not really much more to tell tbh. No abilities or anything. All of my google searches couldn't find it, so I'm assuming Kary just renamed it to where I'm not technically innocent. I don't really see the point of that? But ig it just makes it weaker lol
ok this was so early on I still had "lol its RVS" blinders on but looking back this is suss af and could be coordinated banter for distancing under the guise of RVS lulz

Btw I’m going to take control of the game if y’all don’t mind.
lmao this post aged like milk

Chaco

Never Logs In
His presence in the game early D1 was very in your face but not very information packed. Mostly fluffy looking and role speculation. His driving of that could have been scum motivated. However, I think the scummiest thing pertaining to his slot was his reaction to Merc Lynch.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
They're townreading eachother, but Boom's is so strong I doubt that comes from a mate. Diametrically opposed on my slot means they could easily push a misyeet from multiple different directions. Still, Mer is a slot both could easily yeet. If Osie is scum I could see them being a team.
Chaco Chaco There's a tiny slip here from when I asked DP what he thought of the possibility of a Boom/Osie team. Notice the last line of the paragraph.
To elaborate on this Chaco Chaco and also #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame , I specifically asked DP what he thought of a potential Boom / Oise team. The phrasing of the bolded line is weird because it specifically mentions if osie is scum, then Boom could be scum. Why phrase it like that? Why not simply "I could see them being a scumteam?" Or why osie scum as the conditional instead of boom scum as the conditional, e.g: If Boom is scum, then Osie could be scum?

So what I'm attempting to say is that it's a scum mate slip. DP is mates with Boom and so phrased the potential of Boom being scum dependent on osie (who DP knew would flip town).

Chaco

Never Logs In
I could see Boom wolfing out of all slots present. I’ve been kind’ve sitting on that. Also would be typical of Boom to set your Lynch up with Osie kill. That would be the only reasoning for Osie kill minus new scum PR hunting

Chaco

Never Logs In
Boom isn’t the same as I saw last game for sure. Not sure if they are fluid like that or generally pretty consistent as town

Chaco

Never Logs In
With that being said though, I’ve had a lot of town vibes off of Boom. But I’m not sure if they are that polished as scum

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Chaco Chaco do you have a take on this re: boom?

I've also generally been reading boom as town this game and have been trying to parse my read of xivii and boom through the friction those slots have had. they keep poking at each other and have made it clear there's like a reluctant distrust there which is what makes me paranoid that we're getting powerwolfed by one of the two slots. however xiviis reads have really been in line with my impressions of the game so unless he's pocketing the **** out of me I lean heavier toward town!xivii over town!boom and I think xivii has made some pretty decent points about possible scumtells from the slot

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I changed my mind, scum would probably just kill whoever turns out to be the cop, so remind me not to claim the Confused Cop until later
And remember, I said you can’t kill me N1, so I’m sorry if you feel intimidated already scummers :evil:
is it just me or do these posts read like someone very, very certain that they won't eat a bullet ever this game no matter how hard they try to set up possible crumbs in RVS? and the whole "awwww UWU pweeeeze don't kill me N1 mr. scummers that wouldn't be vewwwy nice ;; ;; ;_;" really feels like fake emoting

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Honestly, though it probably is just DP and UP. All my arguments for scum!Boom are for lylo if we/y'all get there. It felt like Darkpit was bussing here which was after his wagon started gaining. And I don't think UP even ever responded to the points, which indicates that he didn't feel threatened by them.

##Vote: Darkpit

I think the PoE is DP/UP/Boom whatever the case, and that we should yeet in that order.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Xivii for DPs #418 I was the only vote on UP at the time. I could see a smashboards vet maybe getting a little nervous if they thought I was going to tunnel their mate and thus would want to create distance but I don't know if DP would have the same reaction? I'll have to read the surrounding context to see if people were expressing agreement with my UP push at the time, but just based on the votes the bus seems premature unless he felt my slot had the clout to take that all the way

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Xivii for DPs #418 I was the only vote on UP at the time. I could see a smashboards vet maybe getting a little nervous if they thought I was going to tunnel their mate and thus would want to create distance but I don't know if DP would have the same reaction? I'll have to read the surrounding context to see if people were expressing agreement with my UP push at the time, but just based on the votes the bus seems premature unless he felt my slot had the clout to take that all the way
True, I meant that people were looking into DP so he may have felt it was time to distance. Looking again though, I was actually the only person voting him at the time.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
What you do mean you NKing osie would "draw suspicion to his claim?
Not NKing Osie would draw suspicion to his claim. It would seem more like a scum gambit

I really, really wish I was this slick as scum lmao, using policy as a basis for for opening the door to a slot and then having a partner pick up the wagon at EoD and close the wagon without my help is chefs kiss level scumplay. this a big reach though, I wasn't planting anything in anyone's minds, there was nothing subtle about my callouts of mercs slot, I was frustrated with an antitown playstyle that would not have existed in old school dgames and being a curmudgeony old **** about it, it's really that simple
Maybe I'm overly paranoid, but last game I was given the impression that you could get away with pretty much anything as scum lmao. I'm not removing it from the realm of possibility

I'm paranoid af that I'm getting outplayed/pocketed by boom/xiivi/chaco
Me too bro, add you to the mix and that's almost definitely what's happening

To elaborate on this Chaco Chaco and also #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame , I specifically asked DP what he thought of a potential Boom / Oise team. The phrasing of the bolded line is weird because it specifically mentions if osie is scum, then Boom could be scum. Why phrase it like that? Why not simply "I could see them being a scumteam?" Or why osie scum as the conditional instead of boom scum as the conditional, e.g: If Boom is scum, then Osie could be scum?

So what I'm attempting to say is that it's a scum mate slip. DP is mates with Boom and so phrased the potential of Boom being scum dependent on osie (who DP knew would flip town).
I used Osie as the qualifier because I was almost positive he was town, which I said earlier yesterDay. Boom had more of a possibility to be scum

I felt like Xiv's switch to UP was to get a misyeet he felt confident about achieving because he knew he could get me misyeeted in LyLo and win. But... now he's back on me so idrk what his motive was there. Maybe setting it up for tomorrow?

Majority needed for yeet makes things difficult

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh ok I see, when you said you thought it was a bus specifically that made me think you were getting at DP being afraid of UP flipping scum on the D1 lynch and didn't want to be linked to the slot D2

I'm going to try to read from our votes forward and see where the pressure was headed on both slots

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I felt like Xiv's switch to UP was to get a misyeet he felt confident about achieving because he knew he could get me misyeeted in LyLo and win. But... now he's back on me so idrk what his motive was there. Maybe setting it up for tomorrow?
You still haven't explained how my push on you differs from Boom's push on you. What points has Boom made that I have not also made? You also have not explained why you think my push on you here is different from my push on Mala in Midnight.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
bro don't even sit here and try to tell me that that would be beyond a Xivii/Chaco scumteam, y'all could absolutely have coordinated aggressive distancing out of the gate knowing you could get your shots in yet keep you both off the chopping block for D1 so you'd have amazing distancing papertrail with no real threat to being called out for not "following through" on your early game attacks

Chaco

Never Logs In
Chaco Chaco do you have a take on this re: boom?

I've also generally been reading boom as town this game and have been trying to parse my read of xivii and boom through the friction those slots have had. they keep poking at each other and have made it clear there's like a reluctant distrust there which is what makes me paranoid that we're getting powerwolfed by one of the two slots. however xiviis reads have really been in line with my impressions of the game so unless he's pocketing the **** out of me I lean heavier toward town!xivii over town!boom and I think xivii has made some pretty decent points about possible scumtells from the slot
I discussed this above and my sentiments fall in line here as well. Boom is the Wolf option. I’ve got legit town tells off of you, and noticed them immediately. Xivii I’ve butted heads with about style and the like, and I don’t think scumXivii tries to draw so much attention to everything to get my reasonings on things as he did. That feels much more like town motive, also Osie v Xivii I called out as TvT as it progressed because it was obvious.

So my PoE is the same as Xivii’s, similar order as well unless NK is indicative of another slot going first.

Top Bottom