• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETELY VANILLA Mafia | Game Over

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Not if the unknown variable doesn't appear in any of your equations.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Why would he not be a part of the equation?

Also it's concerning that this is all you have to say regarding everything that's gone on. Why on earth is BoomFrog in your core town? Also it seems that from your perspective I should be eliminated from being or unlikely to be scum just through deduction/PoE.

From an objective point of view, it seems kind of absurd to think I'm partnered with either DP or UP. And if you think the other three are town, then I'm town through PoE. So me at the bottom of your list seems like it's more likely to be coming from someone who needs a scumread rather than someone who is trying to solve the game.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Yeah can you show why you don't think my push is genuine (as opposed to booms)?
About to work on this after this post

Your style is 100% different when you’re on a chopping block and I’m trying to wrap my head around it
I respond very poorly to pressure lmao, and it's something I'm working on. I believe you read Osie's game? That was a struggle, though I hope I've learned from it at least a little bit

I feel you there, but Xivii feels more town to me here than DP due to his change of style here. I feel he’s pushing for anything to give him off the block and trying to discredit things where I’ve typically not seen him do that.
I'm not pushing for anything to get me off the block, I'm pushing for one thing very specifically. If the push shifts to someone like you or Boom I don't think I would be down with that even to save myself.

Quite frankly, if yeeting me gives the information necessary for us to win the game without a single other misyeet, feel free. It will be more than worth it, and I would gladly sacrifice myself for that cause. Please yeet Xivii after if you do

You'd be hard-pressed to convince me that we can win this without a single misyeet after me with the current state of the game, however. That's why I won't simply lay down and die with "hopefully this helps you, yeet Xiv now". If that's what it comes to, okay. But you're wrong if you think I'll "push for anything" when I'm pushing for one very specific thing and you'd be very hard fought to get me to sway from that.

As for the discrediting, would you say that anything I've discredited I shouldn't have? Because as far as I'm concerned it's all been blatantly misleading or very faulty logic, if not just factually incorrect. You can't ding me for something clearly well-intentioned and imo helpful solely because you don't remember me doing it in the one game you've played with me.

DP just has this quality where you don’t wanna yeet him. He’s the RL Innocent child
I think this is a compliment? So thanks lol. If not it's too late, I already accepted it :p

The bottom line is this: you can think that I'm scum, that's fine. But can anyone legitimately tell me that they see any potential for me v Xivii being TvT? Because I don't. If you yeet me toDay, I'm literally on my knees begging you to do Xivii tomorrow.

If we yeet Xivii toDay, and he flips town, then I will 100% deserve the yeet I'll surely get toMorrow. I'll take full responsibility for losing us this game. But I really really really don't think that's what's happening

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Ngl I'm kinda exhausted and am probably going to sleep rn. I promise I'll try to make the post comparing Xivii and Boom tomorrow.

In the meantime

##Vote: Xivii

We all agree that we shouldn't hammer until near EoD, right? I don't want to recreate last game. Although we won in the end, so 👀

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I love that I can use the full range of emojis now lol. Good night, love you homies

Chaco

Never Logs In
DarkPit
He’s responding poorly to pressure, but he’s consistent in his responses. +1

His role actually does something, when it shouldn’t. -1

His play style seems entirely different than as confirmed town. -1

He seems to be “target hunting” to get off of his own wagon -1

His pursuit of Xivii seems consistent +1

He was agreeing with Xivii while disagreeing with him at beginning of game and created an odd vibe -1

Asked questions like innocent DarkPit did +1

Was being townread by a town clear who was NKd (wine) +1

Conclusion: It basically cancels out. Out was very scummy at the beginning of the game, but I’m not sure if that was due to him being in the limelight by his role being called out. It definitely caused a massive shift of focus on to him and it’s even dent he does not do well with pressure. I’ve tried to put nitpicky little points on him and besides the AtE he’s responding fine. Literally a 50/50 chance here of being scum.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Looking at the above VC it’s basically D1 all over again here between the two wagons again.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame BoomFrog BoomFrog somitomi somitomi Xivii or DP, and why?
I'll be voting for DP. The B-game logic still hasn't lost it's weight.

And, I doubt this will be convincing for others, but when I offered to give DP tips on being scum for next time, I think town-DP would have said "lol sure, that will help when I do roll scum" but I think scum DP was too afraid of confirming they are scum this game to respond to the offer.

Also, DP's response to my comment about using "lol" more was "you guys are so smart" which really felt like "yeah that is a tell, wow". I think the townie response would have been "I don't think I'm saying lol more" or "I must be nervous from all this pressure".

I'll be waiting for Somi and UP to participate more, but I'm pretty done with toDay. As you said, the Merc yeet pretty much left us in extended D1.

Btw, I'll be out next Monday to Wednesday. What's the acronym? VALA or something?

Chaco

Never Logs In
V/LA

But I will be the same as well from this evening until mid day Sunday. We are going to our family’s cabin so I won’t be around really due to spending much needed time with my wife.

But I agree with the above, and I don’t see any place where DP endgames here

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Hmm. I see what you are saying. Mafia generally can't be recruited so that'd be weird to note that in a scum role. Hmm
Chaco please tell me that you see this doesn't come from town haha. Boom would not actually think this is a legit point to consider. Of course mafia would have this, especially given the fact that I've established many times that Kary 100% gave scum roles to fit in (whether that it's their actual role or safe claim). I mean not doing so would just be negligent. This is fake to the 1 millionth degree.
@UtopianPoyzin what do you think of this?

Chaco

Never Logs In
I’m headed out so I may have time to check in at find points but not like usual.

Just @ me if you want my input on anything.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I was also confused, though Frozen said I was scummy for saying so lmao. I just don't really understand the plan for claiming, since it seems to not be claiming the full role. I think we're probably better off not for now in case we have any legitimate power roles.

Scum probably has PRs of some kind too, right? Hopefully those are as weak as ours lol
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin if your bluff was for somi to feel like he wasn't the only one who got it, why did you only react when I mentioned it, when DP had already mentioned it here.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Scummate Analysis
O = Potential Scummates
X = Not Scummates

X Darkpit / Somitomi

0:
That's a bit of a risky statement to make right out of the gate. What if you're wrong about it?
A:
I wasn't really claiming it was necessarily correct, it was more to build conversation, though I am convinced it isn't completely vanilla. No one has disputed this and said that they are just vanilla, but if someone is they honestly probably shouldn't. I don't really see the risk in what I said though
B:
Hmmm. I think the best way to go about this is by looking back at people's soft claims once they actually claim, such as Frozen's "red herring" comment

Might could see this being a neap game with like... one or two actual VTs
The concept of "it" still somewhat confuses me, and I don't think Somi or anyone else not "getting it" is inherently scummy. It seemed like everyone was on different pages lol, and everyone knows my role fits "it" pretty perfectly while I was still confused. I don't think it really says anything about Somi's role or alignment that he didn't "get it", or about Frozen that he did, for example
Onto the point of grasping the role situation, you didn’t have to understand it because your role was presented. With Somi it seemed like a genuine lack of seeing the debacle with the roles, which if he had a role like everyone else’s seems to, then he wouldn’t have had that hiccup. Post two from Somi comes back seeming like there’s more understanding high checks Xivii’s theory that a mate could have checked them
I'll look back at the second post and see what I think about the argument for a scummate, as that could make sense. I still feel that town with a role that completely fits "it" could have not gotten it, as demonstrated through me, so I don't think his initial post was scummy, but I'll go look for the second post in a second
This is the part of his first post in regards to claiming
This is you clarifying your role, after his first post but before his second. I think this alone could account for the more understanding you claimed was in his second post
To be fair, everyone is special (so noone is), but in a scenario where the rest of us were mostly vanilla, I think this would've been a PR slip.
This is the portion I was referring to Darkpit54 Darkpit54 .
C:
All right, let's go.

That's a bit of a risky statement to make right out of the gate. What if you're wrong about it?
To be fair, everyone is special (so noone is), but in a scenario where the rest of us were mostly vanilla, I think this would've been a PR slip.
Honestly I don't know what to make of this, you're right. The first seems almost to be claiming VT, while the second is adjusting to the rest of the info we gave and basically claiming "almost VT". A claim from Somi could potentially clear this up when the time comes for that
The key posts are labeled (0, A, B, and C); however the others are necessary context. What we see here in A and B is Darkpit interpreting Somi's 0 statement as a vanilla soft. That's the reason why Darkpit made post B. He genuinely thought that somi might be a real vanilla and so speculated on the setup consisting of a couple of true VTs. This SOLIDIFIES 100% (rounded up from 99.9999%) that DARKPIT and SOMITOMI ARE NON-SCUMALIGNED. We have further verification that Darkpit interpreted somi's post as a VT softclaim in post C.

Chaco Chaco UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin BoomFrog BoomFrog #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame please acknowledge this and state whether you agree with this. If all town members come to see that somi is not scummates with darkpit, and if darkpit is scum, then we have this game won.

----

Apologies, I didn't see it. I'll answer it now obviously, though I've pretty much made my opinion clear earlier
Yes you did, he pinged you.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Yes you did, he pinged you
You pinged me on the same page, lower down. So when I clicked yours, all others went away. As it brought me to your post halfway down the page, I missed the top half. I'm not stupid enough to purposefully avoid answering a question directly asked to me lmao, especially one like the one asked where I'd already given my opinion. I can screenshot my notifs from that day if you want but I don't really see the relevance now. You aren't going to stop pushing me, and you probably shouldn't. Play to your wincon.

But I agree with the above, and I don’t see any place where DP endgames here
I agree with and am fine with this for now. I can see how I could potentially be an endgame liability. But Xivii is so much more of a liability due to the fact that he's undeniably scummy and yet basically allowed to lead this game.

As far as I'm concerned, after today's yeet, the surviving of me or Xivii will either be town or scum confirmed depending on the flip. Xiv has way more experience and influence over this game, so I don't really know what else to do to convince you that he's the yeet toDay. However, all of the pushes against him seem well-intentioned and thought out; and while the same could be said for some of the pushes against me, some of them have been sketchy at best and clearly scummy at worst

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
and while the same could be said for some of the pushes against me, some of them have been sketchy at best and clearly scummy at worst
I believe we are still waiting on this, the difference between my push and Boom's. I'd also like to know how my push on you differs from my push on Mala in Midnight.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Xivii definitely isn’t leading the game, but just presenting his reads more so than other slots, I think.

You’ve got a point about Somi/DP in a sense, but I see DPs comment more as rolefishing a sense and not pairing indicative of the two, but at that point they’re definitely not scummates. Different reasoning but from the same points.

Xivii Xivii Drop the point and don’t lead DP here, let him point out the flaws between your argument versus Boom’s. I reread earlier and noticed somethings about that, and want to see what he says.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Btw using screenshots in that manner is against the rules (don't do dat)
Ah my b I thought it was just modcommunication. Thanks lol

I believe we are still waiting on this, the difference between my push and Boom's. I'd also like to know how my push on you differs from my push on Mala in Midnight.
Ik I said I'd do this today but I'll actually be free and on here tomorrow to get this done. Not sure how accurately I can do the Mala push due to how much that is to shift through, but I'll be sure to look into it

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
You’re off the hook. I was making some notes in my role PM where I attempted to read the mod to see whether the Child role was truly innocent and I decided that it would wholeheartedly suck butt if you turned out to be scum, so you can join Chaco and party like it’s N1.
How does pop-gun vig relate to the Child role?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
X Chaco / Darkpit

Innocent child variant?

but yeah it definitely looks like watered down roles like someone said before.
Just obvious this isn't from a mate. I don't have the energy to articulate it right now. But yeah Chaco isn't scummates with DP, not that it was being considered.

X Darkpit / Utopian

You know, I’m actually starting to doubt my townread of DP, which was spurred on by them voting FF and blaming Osie for it so that they can yeet Mercuri later down the line and not take full responsibility for FF’s yeet.
There's no way UP does this half-arsed bus. He'd go full in. Or full out. UP is not mates with DP.

UP is also just town overall, though. I'll go into details when I can.

So again it's back to Boom (and Frozen). Frozen I actively read as town, Boom is just doing town motions.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I beg of you all to yeet Boom tomorrow. Win this game. If I'm wrong then somi is going to have to decide between Frozen and UP.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Xivii Xivii The problem is you think I'm capable of doing literally anything as scum but you will pick up on the flimsiest scraps of scummyness thinking you found something. If you think my cold calculating heart is incapable of townie slips, then trust that it is also incapable of scummy slips. (Hint: both of those are false, but are close to true). You have nothing to go on but PoE and your E on some people is pretty flimsy.

But there is one thing I really don't do and that is successfully bus a mate early. In crossover, I pushed Red Ryu D1 because he was tanking anyway. But I had the situation under control and pushed it to be a near miss and yeet Moody instead, and I got my whole team to end game. People's recency bias is too strong, you don't get enough credit for a D1 bus.

Besides, it'd be practically a bully move for me to force DP to die D1 in their first scum game. I'd rather lose then deprive a noobie of playing their first real game as scum.

Thirdly, if I was going to do it, I'd have shot you N1 since you are the only one paranoid enough about me to not give me credit for catching scum D1.

Cheers. 🍷 Maybe you'll believe me next game.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
If that were the case, you'd be helping me solve here rather than focusing your energy on an unprovable appeal. Where do you think I'm wrong in the elimination? Why didn't you address the case I made against a Somi / DP partnership? If you agree with it, then you should be in the same boat I'm in: either me or UP should be scum to you. You're treating me as town in that last post, so...

If you disagree with it, then I'd like for you to explain why and give us a glance of your scum. You are trapped my friend.

You are capable of doing anything as scum and I'm the only one on this game that knows it from experience.

Killing osie was indeed a mistake. You and DP though seem to be the only one's that believed his claim, as evident by your response to his claim yesterday, which caused you to back off the mass claim.

Chaco

Never Logs In
That’s the thing though, you said you were the initiating push on DP, but Xivii was. That was one clear discrepancy that I noticed.

But like I said, I don’t wanna unpack this until DP does himself.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Darkpit54 Darkpit54 Is Xivii's interpretation of your posts accurate? Why didn't you comment on it without being prodded?
It's pretty much correct, if it wasn't I would have corrected him. Somi seemed to not have any weird constraints on his role, so VT seemed like a logical conclusion. That's why I urged him to claim, as I thought it would showcase why he didn't get "it". And while his role wasn't what I thought, I feel that it still did that

About to look into the pushes

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
It's pretty much correct, if it wasn't I would have corrected him. Somi seemed to not have any weird constraints on his role, so VT seemed like a logical conclusion. That's why I urged him to claim, as I thought it would showcase why he didn't get "it". And while his role wasn't what I thought, I feel that it still did that

About to look into the pushes
Who do you think is Xivii's partner?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
If that were the case, you'd be helping me solve here rather than focusing your energy on an unprovable appeal.
I'm trying to gather more information. And interacting with you is helping me sort you.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
That’s the thing though, you said you were the initiating push on DP, but Xivii was. That was one clear discrepancy that I noticed.
I didn't initiate the push, but I still think I had opportunity to turn the tide if I'd wanted to.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Who do you think is Xivii's partner?
Right now I'm leaning toward Frozen. I think he's been allowed to sit as "locktown" without really taking a solid stance on much, set the table for Xivii to push the Mer misyeet, and overall is just kinda coasting imo.

Top Bottom