• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETELY VANILLA Mafia | Game Over

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Nah it was a zero% chance that Merc was scum because they weren’t doing anything scum-motivated. You straight up admitted that the major point was that it would be to “learn a lesson” in a sense that “inactivity would not be tolerated” but frankly I prefer testing scum than having a teaching moment. You blamed merc for yeeting merc and this is an awful, awful mindset. I had a busy couple days but I was super stoked to crank up the activity to 11. I can’t believe that such a utterly terrible decision was made, and it taints the spirit of hardbody. Maybe I wouldn’t know, but the point of hardbodying isn’t just randomly yeeting; it’s about actually being good at the game and getting it right on a whim where all of town is on the same page at the same time. This was a complete failure and it is hardly mercuri’s fault. The only thing I could’ve asked more of mercuri is to pop in and to have actually said things that would make them readable. Sadly it seems like nobody took this into account and mercuri’s posts are hardly enough to amount for anything at this point in time.

##Vote: Xivii

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
but frankly I prefer testing scum than having a teaching moment.
Ebwop
Frankly I prefer yeeting scum than having teaching moments.

Hah no, Merc is entirely to blame. get out of here with that slightly dense body weak ****.
“Oops I couldn’t help myself but accidentally wagon an innocent townie when the person were we’re on was a completely viable yeet target that would be very informative and they had been acting scummy to a degree, but I’d rather just be bad at the game and make the obviously incorrect move. Hardbody!”

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
The dude wasn't even voting lmao. Not a slot to keep around.

And you were vanity voting on town so not sure how your opinion is of value here tbh

Votecount 1-19X

[5] mərcurı: somitomi, Darkpit54, Chaco, Xivii, osieorb18
[2] Darkpit54: Boomfrog, #HBC FrozeηFlame
[1] Xivii: UtopianPoyzin

[1] Not Voting: mərcurı
scum
town
town who did jack **** to help the game forward

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
It was optimal actually. We got three things out of it:

1. Eliminated Mercuri, who was a liability. You say he could have redeemed himself, but there was no evidence of it and I wasn't putting the fate of the game in an unknown.

2. It eliminated osie. Had we eliminated darkpit, osie would be the number one suspect, and scum would have had two nights to kill town "clears" (those who heavily pushed darkpit: Chaco, Xivii, Boom). One Night 1, then one after the osie yeet.

3. We now have hard evidence on who the second scum is:

somi "preferred darkpit" over Merc, but after I opened up the opportunity to a Merc yeet, he was reluctant to switch back during that period, even though he had ample time to do so and darkpit was sitting at L-1.
Yeah, cool, rad. I'm totally into the fire drill in order to get scum to reveal their true preferences under pressure. So, after all that info was already gleaned why go through with the mer yeet?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeesh so much dislike of the policy lynch. I will never regret policy lynching tbh, as it is basically Policing games. If you do enough to not get mod replaced but still don’t do **** to help the game or play with anyone, why signup? Why taunt people for your lack of activity on D1? So you’re telling me you’d rather have a WIFOM filled replacement slot come in late game when everyone is FINALLY tired of the one liners and non committal behavior... that’s why that lynch went through that easy that fast. If you’re gonna be mad at anyone, be mad at Mercuri it was even an option. Can’t policy lynch an actively playing slot for inactivity.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Also if you were not here at deadline, you lost your ability for input about it being a bad Lynch. I understand if anyone had other obligations, but if you didn’t like the yeet: DP would’ve been yeeted, what a good while before after I called for hammer the first time. Tagged everyone.

Merc happened due to people starting to doubt, and his blatant refusals at gameplay. He became the example.

But thing is how would you be acting if Merc had been scum, UP? That’s why your reactions do not seem as genuine seems to just be stated for the sake of saying it.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Also a point to consider, I tried to draw NK before EOD by asking DP who he would kill as scum and he said me. Non DP scum would likely kill me to try and paint a floppy connection to him. The fact I didn’t get NKd could be indicative of scumDP. But really holds no basis other than hypothetically. Truthfully nothing to go off of but I wanted to put out why I asked him at day end.
. I don’t think I see scumXivii NKing his biggest accuser
Also likely FF would’ve NKd me to frame DP on me
Chaco, you're getting really caught up in NK analysis that is pretty much wine. I would be stupid to kill the only person who thinks I'm town. Scum Xivii is smart enough to know people would make that assumption.

Who do you think Osie would have protected if his role had been real? I think you, because people would want to frame me and Osie would likely see it the same way. This is why scum wouldn't kill you, but instead get rid of the potential protective role that is also the only thing standing in the way of their next misyeet

Had we eliminated darkpit, osie would be the number one suspect
This is untrue. Osie would have been locked town and would 100% have been killed last Night anyway.

scum
town
town who did jack **** to help the game forward
The fact that you only have two potential scum is interesting. What if you're wrong about one or both of them?

The farther this game goes the more I'm convinced that Xivii is scum. Does everyone remember in Midnight Ops when he told us to yeet Mala first because a Laser yeet would be easier to get later on? I think he would be thinking the exact same way as scum, without saying it publicly, right? This is exactly what the Mer yeet was. Saving the person you've built up as scum for the next day and yeeting a slot that will be easy now but not if it actually starts contributing. I hope this makes sense. The more I think about it the more I can't see Xivii not being scum here

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
ToMorrow is likely LyLo if we misyeet here, which seems like it'll probably be the case. I think scum has this in the bag, and they probably think so too. Look out for overconfidence, such as Xivii's. Two misyeets is all he needs to win, so there's no need to consider other options

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
The farther this game goes the more I'm convinced that Xivii is scum. Does everyone remember in Midnight Ops when he told us to yeet Mala first because a Laser yeet would be easier to get later on? I think he would be thinking the exact same way as scum, without saying it publicly, right? This is exactly what the Mer yeet was.
That is indeed how I would play, but you have it reversed. Merc was easy so he would have been saved for later. You're difficult to yeet as evident by the fact that I made multiple solid points on you yesterday yet people were still reluctant to yeet you, you had osie defending you, and Chaco has you at less than 50% scum.
The fact that you only have two potential scum is interesting. What if you're wrong about one or both of them?
Considering that there is only two scum, it really isn't. What's interesting is that you seen me make identical lists in Midnight.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Chaco, you're getting really caught up in NK analysis that is pretty much wine. I would be stupid to kill the only person who thinks I'm town. Scum Xivii is smart enough to know people would make that assumption.

Who do you think Osie would have protected if his role had been real? I think you, because people would want to frame me and Osie would likely see it the same way. This is why scum wouldn't kill you, but instead get rid of the potential protective role that is also the only thing standing in the way of their next misyeet
Chaco was the optimal night kill from all perspectives. I didn't at all think osie's role was legit and so would have had no worry killing outside of him. Scum essentially shot themselves in the foot be killing osie.

Chaco

Never Logs In
But thing is Osie knew his role didn’t do anything, you can tell from his role PM. Which further shows me that the slip from Somi on D1 is more concrete now from not knowing from their own roles parameters. Follow progression: I didn’t know whether I’m fully a miller or not, cause I don’t know how the rest of the roles are laid out. We start discussion and FF makes it clear his is the same. That’s auto town clearing.

I dislike UPs posture this day so far; seems to be trying to gain town cred speaking out against Merc yeet now.

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin What’s the parameters of your role? How many shots? Day or night use? If it’s day active as well, shoot DP now. Your look into my role D1 is interesting with yours if it pans out the way I think it does.

Xivii is accurate about everything he said above.

Need Somi claim next.

Boomfrogs frustration seems like townBoom

Boom
FF
Xivii
Somi-UP
DP

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Chaco was the optimal night kill from all perspectives. I didn't at all think osie's role was legit and so would have had no worry killing outside of him. Scum essentially shot themselves in the foot be killing osie.
If DP is town then Osie was going to end up lock town and need to be shot or he gets to decide endgame. If you are scum then DP is town. You are not engaging in DP's point fairly. (Ingenuously? Is that a real word?)

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
did...did you not read #1 and #2
Full disclosure, I'm angry at someone else outside of this game, so I'm likely to be terse. I'm trying to not let it bleed through, but I'm sure if affects my tone.

Anyway, I disagree with #1, yes they are likely to not redeem themselves but DP cannot redeem themself. Small chance is greater then no chance.

#2 presupposes DP is scum. And you are saying this is the logic that you used to decide to yeet mer at the end of D1?

What percentage sure we're you that DP was scum at the end of D1? And for mer?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
And is there a reason you're speaking from the perspective that he is town when "dudes no DP is scum"
I think he is likely scum, and way more likely then mer was but I'm not 100% sure. I'd like to fully understand the situation, not just speed yeet DP toDay.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
But thing is how would you be acting if Merc had been scum, UP? That’s why your reactions do not seem as genuine seems to just be stated for the sake of saying it.
Then I would’ve eaten my words because I was publicly against yeeting merc, as I had said before the end of the day. It would’ve been a very very very lucky shot.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Also if you were not here at deadline, you lost your ability for input about it being a bad Lynch
Oopsie doopsie, I wasn’t here at the end of D1. My bad.

I can still say whatever the heck I want about it though because I am genuinely, genuinely frustrated with how blatantly scummy that hardbody was.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
What’s the parameters of your role? How many shots? Day or night use? If it’s day active as well, shoot DP now. Your look into my role D1 is interesting with yours if it pans out the way I think it does.
Every night, at night. Infinite shots ig? I shot Xivii last night. If it was a day usage then I’d just be a Noisy Child if Kary decides to post something about it.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I would have liked to see somi respond to my points under pressure, but looking through his posts, he's not scum with DP. And he's obvtown in general.

So the solve in #226, #293, and #559 was actually correct. I should have stuck with this initially, but I didn't anticipate osie's approach to the game. That threw things out of whack and forced me to change playstyles. The issue with this game is having to navigate poorly playing town while also trying to build cases on / yeet scum that are as difficult to yeet as it is wading through quicksand.

Eliminating Merc and Osie shifted the game back in town's favor, but it is being balanced on a needle. Currently, the state of the game is as follows:

Chaco Xivii Frozen

somitomi

UP

Darkpit Boom

Xivii is scum's target for today. UP is scum-siding, which makes somi the swing vote. Considering that he was reluctant to yeet DP yesterday and was more than willing to yeet me, he's more than likely to go that way, and that's what scum will be banking of for today.

Boom, however, can't suddenly shift off DP onto me without making himself known. He's trying to find a way to make the transition #928, #937, #938, utilizing the Merc yeet and osie kill, but I don't think he'll be able to make the jump without alerting Chaco. I think initially they were probably banking on wooing Chaco over to a Xivii yeet so the wagon would consist of [Darkpit, UP, somi, Chaco], while Boom himself remained off of it, but they didn't anticipate Chaco would see the night kill for what it is, hence why Boom is trying to fight it in #937. (It wouldn't make sense for Boom to do this if he was really sold on DP scum). I think the goal was for the osie kill to be used as momentum for Chaco/UP/somi to get on board with the Xivii yeet, but Chaco didn't fall into it.

So overall, I think Boom will have to stay the course on yeeting Darkpit. Jumping onto me would be too telling post-flip. So we will have [Chaco, Xivii, Frozen, Boom] on the DP yeet vs [somi, UP, and DP] on the Xivii wagon. The real risk, however, is what comes after:

Boom has established himself into a solid position. No one is scum reading him aside from myself, and he is being highly town read by our strongest townie as well as the dead townie. His DP bus will provide him enough credit to live through and win in endgame. As things are set now, somitomi and UP are lined up as the mislynches after the Darkpit yeet. Boom only needs those two yeets to win. Here is an outline:

Darpit yeeted D2
Xivii nightkilled N2

Chaco town reading Boom, scumreading UP and Somi. Frozen scumreading UP and somi. Either of these are easy misyeets and Boom doesn't have to push for either of them to go through.

Somi (or UP) yeeted D3
Chaco killed N3

Final three is Boom, Frozen, UP (or somi). Frozen highly scumreading UP since D1.

UP yeeted D4: Scum wins.

So my goal today is to town case somi and UP. I think the evidence is pretty strong that somi isn't DP's partner. I'll also try to show the intricacies of why Boom is scum, but again it's like wading through quicksand.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Unless of course you consider the fact that he’s in scum’s pocket, at which point why would they kill him? The fact of the matter is is that because Chaco wasn’t killed, they weren’t the optimal choice to scum. Plain and simple, no need for wine.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Oopsie doopsie, I wasn’t here at the end of D1. My bad.

I can still say whatever the heck I want about it though because I am genuinely, genuinely frustrated with how blatantly scummy that hardbody was.
But thing is DP would’ve been the yeet had literally anyone else been here.

You come across as very disingenuous right now.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Unless of course you consider the fact that he’s in scum’s pocket, at which point why would they kill him? The fact of the matter is is that because Chaco wasn’t killed, they weren’t the optimal choice to scum. Plain and simple, no need for wine.
But your explanation is wine in and off itself by thinking I’m being pocketed by scum? Like either one is a scenario of likelihoods but it’s which one makes more sense. And NK analysis actually has a leg to stand on, who would you say in being pocketed by then to support this claim?

FF is also town because he wouldn’t have NKd Osie. Just a side point.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! THAT WAS LITERALLY EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING THAT SCUM!XIVII WOULD WANT TO DO! THE SCUMTEAM IS SOMITOMI/XIVII
Your thoughts are understandable. You and Chaco were thinking XV + Somi since early on, so I anticipated me not scum reading him would provoke confirmation bias (it's similar to how Boom thought me and Z25 were partners in Midnight because I was hard town reading Z who is a scums player); however, it is still best I lay it all out now. The game here is to ensure you and Somi aren't yeeted after me and DP are gone. If we fail that, we lose. So the risk of associating myself with Somi is a necessary trade-off.

I will say though, if I were scum here, the play wouldn't be to defend Somi toDay, it would be to do so after a town!DP flip. Since scum!me would have painted the picture that DP and Somi are scummates, I could then use DP's town flip to "reevaluate" my Somi read.
Bro what are you on, Osie was literally the NK last time and we were basically on the same page.

At what point in time did you scumread DP and Somitomi, respectively?
I'm not sure what you're saying here? Osie was the night kill in what?

Chaco

Never Logs In
It bothers me that DPs point alludes to the fact that Osie’s ability had a potential to work and that was the reason he got killed.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Your thoughts are understandable. You and Chaco were thinking XV + Somi since early on, so I anticipated me not scum reading him would provoke confirmation bias (it's similar to how Boom thought me and Z25 were partners in Midnight because I was hard town reading Z who is a scums player); however, it is still best I lay it all out now. The game here is to ensure you and Somi aren't yeeted after me and DP are gone. If we fail that, we lose. So the risk of associating myself with Somi is a necessary trade-off.

I will say though, if I were scum here, the play wouldn't be to defend Somi toDay, it would be to do so after a town!DP flip. Since scum!me would have painted the picture that DP and Somi are scummates, I could then use DP's town flip to "reevaluate" my Somi read.
I'm not sure what you're saying here? Osie was the night kill in what?
I never thought you were paired with Somi FYI, it was just a PoE for any slot that could’ve made sense with Somi. I thought DP+Somi most of D1, but that just doesn’t seem to make sense to me now.

You know what really bothers me? DP being a named role when everyone else’s roles don’t do anything. That bothers me. Cause that’s still doing something being mod announced.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
It bothers me that DPs point alludes to the fact that Osie’s ability had a potential to work and that was the reason he got killed.
Osie implied that his role worked, so I think it's something scum would have to consider before making a NK even if they think it's unlikely.

About to look for Xivii's partner, but the ten minute "Somi is scum" before retracting it seems like easy distancing

Boom's reluctance to flash yeet is very in-character after last game, so using it to connect us seems sketchy at best

Is anyone else actually going to claim lol? I don't really think it will matter at all but I was under the impression that that was what's happening

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
You know what really bothers me? DP being a named role when everyone else’s roles don’t do anything. That bothers me. Cause that’s still doing something being mod announced.
That bothers me too. Especially when people say I'm scummy or missing something for implying that people's roles have the potential to do something, even if it's minor, when it's clear that my role does

Top Bottom