• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETELY VANILLA Mafia | Game Over

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
somitomi somitomi , UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin , Mercuri, Darkpit is there yeet today but we need majority. Pop in and vote. Deadline is soon and if we don't get majority we don't get a yeet.

Xivii, FF, and Chaco, like this post to confirm this is valid.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Here's the thing: If Darkpit is mafia, then the other mafia uses it as a springboard to eliminate me. If Darkpit is town, mafia will just kill me flat out, or try to argue that I knew Darkpit was town. But note: I'm the ONLY person with opposition to Darkpit. Not anyone else. So either I'm going deep on a powerwolf to save a relatively new, not very helpful buddy, or, more likely, myself and Darkpit are both town and that's the reason that there's no other opposition to a Darkpit elimination.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
When you have your hard scumread on me, that means you believe I'm not trying to analyze the game. If you turn around and talk to me as if I am trying to analyze the game, then you're talking to your hard scumread as if they are town. That's a macro-micro contradiction.

It has nothing to do with the actual point that you made. I'm catching you on tone in a micro-macro tonal contradiction.
my read on you has nothing to do with whether you made a valid point with regard to meta strategy. making a point about what is theoretically possible for scum to do to control the behavior of a rogue mate is completely orthogonal to trying to analyze this game and determine what the motives are behind each slots' gameplay choices. you're literally inventing a contradiction here

I can absolutely scum read someone and not let that read of them influence my assessment of the validity of their strategy proposals in a meta sense, how is this not obvious to you?

osieorb18

Smash Ace
my read on you has nothing to do with whether you made a valid point with regard to meta strategy. making a point about what is theoretically possible for scum to do to control the behavior of a rogue mate is completely orthogonal to trying to analyze this game and determine what the motives are behind each slots' gameplay choices. you're literally inventing a contradiction here

I can absolutely scum read someone and not let that read of them influence my assessment of the validity of their strategy proposals in a meta sense, how is this not obvious to you?
I love how you're not actually arguing against being caught. Instead you're arguing that being caught doesn't matter.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Like just look how hard osie has been trying to push anyone not DP after my wagon died down. He's going for anyone, even Merc who he was against yeeting before. His whole play was banked on saving DP today and he's digging in hard.
I was never against eliminating merc.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I've been saying that Xivii is scum but everyone else seems to disagree. I'm not sold that you're scum, I think you're most likely just hardtunneling incorrectly

I wasn't really sold that Frozen was scum, but his recent reactions seem iffy. I'll try to reread in a minute, but I don't think we'll get a yeet there regardless

osieorb18

Smash Ace
If it comes down to avoiding a no-elimination, I'll vote for Darkpit. But it's really disgusting that people are pushing for him essentially for being newb town.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I wasn't really sold that Frozen was scum, but his recent reactions seem iffy. I'll try to reread in a minute, but I don't think we'll get a yeet there regardless
His reactions all games have ranged from useless to borderline toxic.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
caught doing what? assessing your points on a meta question independently of my read on you? this doesn't make any sense
The tone of how you addressed me was that of addressing someone you thought was town. You can stop trying to pretend that you're some mafia playing god that doesn't tone slip.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
##Vote: Mərcuri

Planting this here because I may have to leave in a minute and this is the only non-me yeet I think we'll get. About to reread Frozen

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
You know what, **** it. I trust Osie

##Unvote
##Vote: FrozenFlame

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh I'm pretending to be some "mafia playing god" now? wtf is with this projection and character assassination? and you're calling me borderline toxic? yikes

I wasn't address you like I thought you were town, I was addressing you neutrally and independently of my read of you because my read of you is irrelevant to the point that was being discussed, that being, what recourse scum have to reign in a rogue mate

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Darkpit is literally just taking whatever lynch opportunity that becomes available: Utopian, Me, Frozen. His reads mean nothing to him.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Exactly. If Darkpit is eliminated, I die for sure. So let's cut out the middle man.
This makes no sense. If we yeet you (and you're town) then another townie gets shot. So "cut out the middle man" = let scum get more control of the game by picking the NE instead of being forced?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
If it comes down to avoiding a no-elimination, I'll vote for Darkpit. But it's really disgusting that people are pushing for him essentially for being newb town.
You said this same thing about Z25. Unfortunately, I can't fake a cop claim here to get him yeeted.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Darkpit is literally just taking whatever lynch opportunity that becomes available: Utopian, Me, Frozen. His reads mean nothing to him.
I know my alignment. I tried to see if you guys could benefit from a misyeet of me, Chaco made it very clear that it wouldn't. So obviously I'm going to try to push against a yeet of the one person whose alignment I know.

Also, I'm not trying to yeet UP. UP should not be yeeted toDay. Neither should Somi, or Boom. I refuse to yeet Osie or Chaco. Mer could be beneficial but I doubt they're scum. Osie is very confident in Frozen and I'm inclined to trust him. I still think yeeting you is the best choice but no one agrees so I'm not going to push it rn

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Town-You shouldn't be concerned about who else can be yeeted at this point. You should be resigned to being the elimination toDay and be proposing who we should yeet D2. You tried to have this mentality when you were early pushed but you've forgotten it under pressure.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Votecount 1-15

[3] Darkpit54: Boomfrog, Xivii, #HBC FrozeηFlame
[2] Xivii : UtopianPoyzin, somitomi,
[2] #HBC FrozeηFlame: osieorb18, Darkpit54

[2] Not Voting: mərcurı, Chaco

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

Day 1 Deadline is at 11 PM UTC on Saturday August 8th; less than 5 hours remain.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I'm about to have to leave. I'll try to come on a couple times before deadline, but I make no promises. If I get yeeted, Osie is town. Even if he doesn't get NK'd

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I know my alignment. I tried to see if you guys could benefit from a misyeet of me, Chaco made it very clear that it wouldn't. So obviously I'm going to try to push against a yeet of the one person whose alignment I know.

Also, I'm not trying to yeet UP. UP should not be yeeted toDay. Neither should Somi, or Boom. I refuse to yeet Osie or Chaco. Mer could be beneficial but I doubt they're scum. Osie is very confident in Frozen and I'm inclined to trust him. I still think yeeting you is the best choice but no one agrees so I'm not going to push it rn
What I'm saying is you were for UP when he was the top wagon, then you abandoned that for me I became viable.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Xivii is scummy and I will die on that hill. Somi could be scum but not enough info yet to yeet

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Darkpit54 Darkpit54 Later. :) If your are scum, (or even if you are not) feel free to hit me up post game for some scum school tips.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Xivii is scummy and I will die on that hill. Somi could be scum but not enough info yet to yeet
Ooooh I really dislike this. A tell of Mala’s was posting in formatting of their mate, and was it Osie that said I will die on this hill previously?

Chaco

Never Logs In
##Vote: Darkpit

Pending exact behavior in that other game I may withdraw my vote, but the mirroring of that post is enough for me almost. Cause Mala was new scum and that was a massive tell of his was inclusion of FF speak.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Xivii Xivii can you explain what makes Frozen "obvtown" to you?
These:
Frozen: Assertiveness. I like how he addressed UP's understanding of the setup here and the certainty he had:
I think anyone who hasn't figured this out by now is legitimately suss, like it wasn't immediately obvious when I only knew my role in a vaccuum but as soon as people started their roles were weird/contradictory/useless it clicked for me as I've made similar design decisions, especially hosting IRL games, when I want to give slots more "things to do" that actually don't really affect the balance of the game. im like 99% confident that this game is just full of red herring roles that do effectively nothing, like a patriot in a game with no recruiters or a firefighter in a game with no arsonist
like unless UP somehow the only legit PR in the game I cannot comprehend how you can miss the ball this hard
If we were dealing with scum!Frozen and town!UP, I think Frozen wouldn't be pushing this so hard because he would know that town!UP really did have a reason to believe what he did and he would be playing for long game of when that was revealed. Pushing it this hard just leaves him open to a potential blast radius of UP actually coming out as a real PR.
I don't think Frozen is scum either. His response to my concern showed that he did have a reason to think Darpit didn't get it. I'm also sympathetic to his feelings on UP.
osieorb18 osieorb18 to be honest I think it’s just the content of his last post. It’s how I remember town FF. Doesn’t match up to UPs game either. Seems more organized and stance taking.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Xivii Xivii I know you’re probably tied up with all the pings, but I need to see that game to tell if the reaction to pressure in a confirmed town flip scenario is the same or different.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I feel like Osie’s stance on DP would be valid if they saw his play in UPs game. Cause it was super obvious there. Here not so much.

Xivii had no opposition to his wagon.
DP wagon was ignored by Somi, nothing was touched by Merc on either I don’t think, and Osie spoke against it. Can’t remember UPs initial stance on DP. But that’s enough variance to show it’s not a full fledged push like what is being presented.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Nah I see the town appeals in the linked game and don’t see it here. Lynch away.

Top Bottom