• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-sticking areals

Squidster

Smash Ace
So I've decided i should use the c-stick for most of my areals in order to have more control of my DI... but am having a bit of trouble

(assuming you play holding the control normally and not with some strange mishapen claw)

How do you guys c-stick areals, what fingers, do you find it easy to do / think i'm retarted for having any trouble with this, etc. o_o

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
you use your thumb for everything. i guess if you want to get reallllllly technical about it, i know some a guy who lets his thumb hover halfway between a and cstick. but he jumps with up. i generally keep my thumb around a/x and just cstick some aerials. dont think about it too much, just do it for a few days till it feels natural.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
bairs fairs dairs i dont really need it

it's more important for chars with strong DI like wario or jigglypuff

for sheik...

short hop uairs, c-stick is pretty useful

demodemo

Smash Ace
i do all my aerials with a, unless i specifically want to retreat or something

and for cstick aerials, my index finger is on y, thumb on cstick. i use y to jump, never touch the x button.

Top Bottom