• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-stick is a huge problem with PKT

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I wasn't completely unaware you could control PKT with C-stick, because there have been threads on this in the past. However, in this game Smash 4 for the WiiU things are looking scary for Ness mains with big hands. I'm not sure if you can take B-sticking off or stop the C-stick from influencing direction with PKT, but this is extremely annoying and sucks if it happens in tourney.

The problem first showed up while I was practicing for a tournament. I assumed something was wrong with my 5 year old tourney controller so I used the controller that came in the bundle pack with the Nintendo Gamecube adapter. Everything seemed fine.

The Problem: I was in a tourney game, recovering back to the stage when out of nowhere my PKT stopped wouldn't go anywhere but up. I then realized my hand didn't slip, my controller wasn't messing up, and it wasn't input lag at all.

I felt my hand accidentally hit the C-stick while in the process of recovering. I then realized that the C stick can influence your PK Thunder. I thought you could control the PKT with C-stick, which annoyed me greatly until I actually got over that being a thing. What really annoyed me was, when I tested this out in the training room, your c-stick doesn't control your PKT at all, it just can influence where it goes. In other words, it's just there to mess you up. In fact, if you hit the C-stick by accident while trying to recover, or use PKT at all you lose control of the move for a small period of time, enough to gimp yourself if you're being pressured in a close game or any game for that matter.

What I know so far about this annoying glitch or mechanic/whatever you want to call it:

PKT+Holding C-stick= No control of PKT with Analog stick
PKT+DI'ing/RepeatablyHittingC-stick in a direction = Slight Control over PKT direction.

Unless there is someway to confirm this is a good thing (Which I'm positive it'ts not) like potentially being useful for Ness somehow please show me. Otherwise, this needs to be brought to someone's attention. It's already annoying as it is with the new C-stick mechanics, lets please get this patched out.

Nintendo please fix this.

Last edited:

Noa.

Smash Master
Weird. But just don't hit the c stuck when you're recovering and you'll be fine. This has only happened to me once so far, and I didn't know what caused the sd. Thanks for telling me.

EarthBoundEnigma

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EarthBoundEnigma
I can't test right now, but is B-sticking still possible? Would this impact PK Thunder's control?

NNID
Shado_Chimera
3DS FC
2019-9854-8378
It's the new C stick mechanic to allow charging smashes with the stick. (bad imo) I recall hearing it working like it did in brawl if you set the C stick to anything other than smash.

Top Bottom