• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-stick in brawl

A-Laon

Smash Master
Quite frankly, I think it's absolutely perfect as is. Really, I've never had any problems pulling out tilts quickly, and I find faster smashes far more practical than faster tilts anyway. Still, as long as the c-stick is kept for aerials, I can live with any changes.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
omg r u guys serious? the c-stick is fine as it is... the tilt idea is def not good since it would add more lag to the game=makin the game slower, since it would b a lot harder to make finishin smashes

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
I think most ppl will still call it a c-stk even if your using the new snes controller, i mean it would sound stupid if ppl start calling it right-stick.
SOMEGUY: ohhhh man!!!!!! i didn't mean to press down on my right-stick!!!!

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Well, seing as plenty of characters rely on tilts heavily for combos, why the **** would they be useless? Want me to spell it out for you?

Shiek
Marth
Yoshi
Samus
Roy
DK
Mr. G&W

And that's just a few. Seriously. Saying tilts are useless is pretty oblivious.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Tilts are less useful that smashes, why would I want to tilt throw an item(if it's even possible) or tilt attack someone when I could smash them? If you want to tilt then use the control stick and C-stick as it is unless there's something more important.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
-_-

Tilts are faster than smashes. Go to the G&W forums and ask how to use the usmash. They will say "dont, use utilt instead". Same for G&W's dsmash. Some smashare just plain bad too, like Ness' dsmash. If you want a low attack, Ness' super quick dtilt is the way to go. As for Sheik, all of he rcombos (minus chainthrows) are based on tilts mainly.

Smashes almost alwayshave greaterknockback than tilts making them hard to use for combos at higher perents.

Some tilts have more range than smashes Example: Marth's utilt has way more range than his usmash.

Tilts are useless eh?
lol, tell that to other people and see what you get. If you dont, I will.

Have you ever been to a tournament with good people?

Corin

Smash Lord
Tilts are less useful that smashes, why would I want to tilt throw an item(if it's even possible) or tilt attack someone when I could smash them? If you want to tilt then use the control stick and C-stick as it is unless there's something more important.
Tilts, unlike smashes, don't blow the opponant away and offer combination possibilities. In addition to this, they can be used in succession to build up damage. And tilt throw an item? no, you can't do that. If you have an item that is throw-able using the A button, if you don't indicate a direction, they'll do a short throw in the direction they're facing. if you indicate a direction, then I believe it goes the full throwing distance.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Wait, are you saying you play with items Red Exodus?
Man, now I see why you think smashes>tilts in every way.:psycho:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
No I don't play with items (unless my friends are over, they would have no chance at all without items) and no I have never been to a tournament and if I went to one (here) I would probably win anway ( because I know this guy that came second and I can beat him easy, he lost because a bomb fell on him at the last minute lol) so I don't get much competition.

Sorry for the huge paragraph.

It's so bad that I can juggle people with Fox's F and Usmash in stages like Corneria or FD. I can't even use tilt attacks to see for myself because my GC is not working, I guess I'll have to wait untill I get a Wii.

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
I dont' see why you guys wants tilts on the c-stick. Tilts, unlike smashes, let you hold a direction and just press A.

I like the c-stick the way it is, and I don't see why you guys have this notion that c-stick smashing is "noob". I use c-stick for all my smashes, as well as all my aerials.

Megaa

Smash Cadet
No I don't play with items (unless my friends are over, they would have no chance at all without items) and no I have never been to a tournament and if I went to one (here) I would probably win anway ( because I know this guy that came second and I can beat him easy, he lost because a bomb fell on him at the last minute lol) so I don't get much competition.

Sorry for the huge paragraph.

It's so bad that I can juggle people with Fox's F and Usmash in stages like Corneria or FD. I can't even use tilt attacks to see for myself because my GC is not working, I guess I'll have to wait untill I get a Wii.
So you can beat someone who came in second at an item tourney? heh.

And 3 lines does not a huge paragraph make.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
So you can beat someone who came in second at an item tourney? heh.

And 3 lines does not a huge paragraph make.
Now you know why I don't understand certain principals of Melee, no one (I've played more than once and have contact with) is good enough to make me improve my game, I didn't even need advanced techs to beat anyone I've encountered so far.

It's like being in on a plateau, no improvement going on with me at all (since me GC is broken and my friends never seem to get any better).

P.S. It looked like a huge paragraph to me, it looked pretty wordy as well I guess it's different in the quick reply box.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
There's still the use of the C-stick for arieals. I've used it for pretty much every possible situation...if they take it away now, I'll be screwed.

LanKaN

Smash Cadet
There's still the use of the C-stick for arieals. I've used it for pretty much every possible situation...if they take it away now, I'll be screwed.
Exactly, I really don't care if tilts or smashes are mapped to the c-stick on the ground, as long as you can do aerials with the stick. Running forward while pulling off b-airs FTW

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
Yo Megaa u should sponsor the JLA for Brawl!!! that banner is cool :cool: i can see it now Team Worlds Finest (Superman)&(Batman) they would so own. But gettin back to the subject here, leave the stick as is.

Top Bottom