• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-stick in brawl

Boonerstreet

Smash Cadet
I searched and couldn't find anything on this so...

Many people got upset that you could do smash attacks with the C-stick in melee, so what if in brawl when you're character is on the ground the C-stick is used for tilts instead of smashes? I kind of like this idea, but I'm not sure. I'll admit it, sometimes I have to concentrate more to do a tilt than a smash, so I'm wondering what other people think about this idea. It would at least take away the "noob spam the fsmash on the c-stick with fox", but it also might push away people who are new to smash because they feel the game is too difficult at first. I don't know it's just a thought and it probably won't be used in brawl, but what do you guys think?

pesticide

Smash Lord
i agree with your comment about tilts being harder to do as fast as smash attacks, so i would rather have tilts on the c-stick instead of smashes.

on the other hand though, i really have never used the c-stick, so unless some kind of new attack, move, etc. is put on the c-stick, i dont plan on using it anyways

Boonerstreet

Smash Cadet
I love it for ariels, and melee was my first smash bros game so I learned to spam the c-stick right away. It has taken time for me to get out of doing that, but once in a while a quick c-stick smash comes in handy for me. I don't know, I guess for tilts or smashes I'm fine with the c-stick either way, I just wanted other people's opinions. Thanks for replying.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I love the idea! Now I will be able to do an utilt out of dash, ftilt without moving, and dtilts without CCing. I agree tilts are more difficult than smashes to do spontaneously. Who cares if Smash spammers are repeled due to difficulty? They should learn to do it the rightway IMO.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I use C-stick to smash throw, I can do the Z+A +directional smash combo but it's slower to input while in combat.

beebee

Smash Apprentice
The c-stick is evil...I dont want it useable in Brawl.:lick: :lick:
I love c stick. I only hate it when people who uses it 1 after another. i use it to end a combo.

I love it for ariels, and melee was my first smash bros game so I learned to spam the c-stick right away. It has taken time for me to get out of doing that, but once in a while a quick c-stick smash comes in handy for me. I don't know, I guess for tilts or smashes I'm fine with the c-stick either way, I just wanted other people's opinions. Thanks for replying.
I also use it for ariels alot. I mainly use fox so it came in handy:chuckle:

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I moderately use it, and I can say that I'd be a lot less good as I am if it were taken out of Brawl. Well if it's there again, then yippee-skippy, you've got your C-Stick. If not then..we'll have to resort back to the retro way, SSB64 style. Though I can't imagine what else that stick can be used for...

Boonerstreet

Smash Cadet
I've been thinking, making the c-stick work with tilts may make it easier for some characters to do combos. A lot of people like to do utilt combos to lead into an attack, and I was thinking if the c-stick was used for tilts, then maybe it would be worse and people would be spamming utilt combos. I guess either way not everyone can be happy, oh well.

But also, how would you guys feel if you could no longer jump using the control stick, only the x or y button?

The Killer Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, I've been using the control stick to jump since the game came out, so it would really mess me up if only X and Y could jump.

Boonerstreet

Smash Cadet
Man, can you short hop with the control stick? I find this near impossible for me to do. I didn't think anyone really used it for jumping.

I take it you use yoshi unless you're just a yoshi fanatic and don't play him in smash. But if you do, can you do djc using the control stick?

The Killer Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Man, can you short hop with the control stick? I find this near impossible for me to do. I didn't think anyone really used it for jumping.

I take it you use yoshi unless you're just a yoshi fanatic and don't play him in smash. But if you do, can you do djc using the control stick?
Yep, I use Yoshi. I can shffl a nair but I just djc everything else.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Eh, I'd rather have my uncharged smashes. I can hardly wavesmash anyways ya meanies. Hehe.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
The c stick is needed for some characters to be able to do certain techniques. For example fox shine --> upsmash pretty much requires the c stick or most of the time it won't be pulled off fast enough to combo. I'm pretty sure if someone absolutely doesn't know how to play without the stick they wouldn't beat someone anyway, so what does it matter? Leave it how it is.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't use the control stick to jump, it's too precise, I normally end up taking too long to make my double (2nd) jump effective. I say they should leave it as it is.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
Lets see, they never had c-stick in N64 but introduced the c-stick in melee i guess it was meant for n00bs but after awhile pros flick the c-stick now and again. All i can say is our fate is in japan's hands. Do not disappoint us :mad: .

Bombco101

Smash Journeyman
It could be used as a quicker, one direction defense without as much lag as the normal defense.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Maybe they should let us choosewhat we put on the C-stick?
I think it would be good for those who like smashes and tilts for the c-stick

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'd like to choose what's on my C-stick instead of having a function forced onto the C-stick.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Yeah, I doubt it will happen. Smash just doesn't seem like a game that they would allow any type of customization.

Boonerstreet

Smash Cadet
I don't really like the idea of a customizable c-stick, I'd rather have the controls universal so people don't make excuses based on whether you c-stick is for tilts or smashes.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
It doesn't really matter either way. People use it cause it's marginally faster, not because it's easier or anything. I don't want it to be used for up-tilts, though, cause tilts take more skill, and setting them to the C-Stick would cheapen them.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I prefer the C-stick to be for smashes anyway, up-tilts aren't good enough to replace smash attacks.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Tilt's aren't that useful I don't see why they should be mapped onto the C-stick.

beebee

Smash Apprentice
i like using smash moves with the c sticl
if strong attacks were used for the c-stick you would have the freedom to kick where you wanted
does that make since

Top Bottom