• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BW2 OU RMT

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
This is the main team I'm using in PO. I really enjoy using rain teams because a lot of my favorite pokemon do well in the rain. I didn't really build this team around anything. I just wanted it to work well together and I think I did a pretty decent job with this team

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Toxic
- Perish Song

Sets up rain, poisons pokemon and is used as a phaser with parish song. HP electric is there for Gyarados which is in my opinion one of the strongest none swift swim Pokemon out there

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 84 Def / 172 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Lays down stealth rock and rapid spins. The speed evs are to catch certain pokemon such as Jellicent off guard and Earthquake has a chance to 2hko after stealth rock damage

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Icy Wind

Blissey with Icy wind to hit dragons and flying ground types. The speed drops allows my pokemon to counter other pokemon that might otherwise outspeed them

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

My wall breaker. What it lacks in power, it makes up for with type coverage. Earthquake is there to catch opponents off guard.

Scizor (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Technician
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SDef / 16 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Just a Scizor with expert belt instead of Choice Band. I think this Scizor is better for trapping than CB Scizor. I also like the fact that you don't get locked on to pursuit and it can lead to some surprise KOs

Thundurus (Thundurus-T) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast
- Volt Switch

This thing is insane! Thunder does insane amounts of damage to anything that doesn't resist it.

Anyone have any advice on how I can improve my team?

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Ok, first your team has too many surprises that will end up backfiring since the Pokemon are not consistent enough. The first thing you shhould change is HP Electric for Ice Beam. More Dragon type coverage is needed for this team. Secondly, your team doesnt really need a spinner (unless you want to use Hurricane Volcarona) so I would get rid of Donphan for Dugtrio. Your team is definitely weak to opposing weather teams so a trapping pokemon would work great with Perish Song Politoed and destroying other weathers. With Blissey, isn't Heal Bell and Wish banned? Either way a pokemon that could benefit from Rain would be better. Jirachi would be a great switch for Blissey. Toxicroak, Swords Dance is way more important then Earthquake. Band Scizor is way better than Expert Belt. And finally, I would use Dragonite over Thundurus-T. You need a Hurricane user and Dragonite can use Hurricane, Thunder, Superpower, and Roost. Far more valuable than Thundurus--T in my opinion.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Donphan does need to be changed as you REALLY don't need a spinner, but not for Dugtrio. Perish Trapping never works, it just means someone switches into something that can either deal with Dugtrio or both Politoed AND Dugtrio. Having another bulky steel to help death with Dragons, like Jirachi, would easily be more beneficial over the Donphan slot than Blissey's. Donphan's Ice Shard just isn't strong enough to deal with Dragons, so Jirachi is the better choice. Especially for a rain team, since Donphan's only Niche is on Sun. Something like...

Jirachi@Leftovers
Serence Grace/Careful
252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Iron Head
Thunder
Wish
Stealth Rock

Gets rocks up, supports the team, makes you less Dragon weak. Don't worry about using a -SpA nature with Thunder, it's only purpose is to spread para and break subs that Iron Head can't, and that Thunder will break regardless (Gyarados, non-multiscale DNite, random other stuff that's weak to electric or is generally specially frail).

IceArrow is right that Wish + Heal Bell is an illegal combo, but Wish + Aromatherapy can be obtained. Just switch the moves and you're fine. Icy Wind generally isn't worth it either, it only tickles Dragons and it doesn't really stop them from mauling you, it won't even stop a Salamence from setting up a DD and mashing Blissey in. You don't even NEED the speed reduction either since you have Scizor. Choose to actually threaten Dragons with Ice Beam, or just use Seismic Toss and get reliable damage. If you opt for Seismic Toss, switch to Chansey because she's better if you don't use Special attacks.

Agreeing that you should just Band Scizor. The loss in Power becomes noticed the second you lose an entire game to only doing like 50% to a DNite, and it flattening the rest of your team.

Just use the standard Bulk Up set with Toxicroak. I know it has "other options", but really Sub/Bulk Up/Ice Punch/Sucker Punch is the only set without any huge weaknesses, and Drain Punch being an option there as well if you want to give up priority or coverage for added bulk.

Disagreeing that you should replace Thundurs-T with Dragonite. Rain Dragonite is good on paper with Hurricane, Thunder, and Surf access for a rain team, but it's pitiful SpA and lack of STAB on Thunder and Surf just means it's way too weak to use and way too slow to be viable. It's not worth using for a special attacker in the slightest. After Tornadus-T got banned, you really don't need a Hurricane user anymore.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Donphan does need to be changed as you REALLY don't need a spinner, but not for Dugtrio. Perish Trapping never works, it just means someone switches into something that can either deal with Dugtrio or both Politoed AND Dugtrio. Having another bulky steel to help death with Dragons, like Jirachi, would easily be more beneficial over the Donphan slot than Blissey's. Donphan's Ice Shard just isn't strong enough to deal with Dragons, so Jirachi is the better choice. Especially for a rain team, since Donphan's only Niche is on Sun. Something like...

Jirachi@Leftovers
Serence Grace/Careful
252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Iron Head
Thunder
Wish
Stealth Rock

Gets rocks up, supports the team, makes you less Dragon weak. Don't worry about using a -SpA nature with Thunder, it's only purpose is to spread para and break subs that Iron Head can't, and that Thunder will break regardless (Gyarados, non-multiscale DNite, random other stuff that's weak to electric or is generally specially frail).

IceArrow is right that Wish + Heal Bell is an illegal combo, but Wish + Aromatherapy can be obtained. Just switch the moves and you're fine. Icy Wind generally isn't worth it either, it only tickles Dragons and it doesn't really stop them from mauling you, it won't even stop a Salamence from setting up a DD and mashing Blissey in. You don't even NEED the speed reduction either since you have Scizor. Choose to actually threaten Dragons with Ice Beam, or just use Seismic Toss and get reliable damage. If you opt for Seismic Toss, switch to Chansey because she's better if you don't use Special attacks.

Agreeing that you should just Band Scizor. The loss in Power becomes noticed the second you lose an entire game to only doing like 50% to a DNite, and it flattening the rest of your team.

Just use the standard Bulk Up set with Toxicroak. I know it has "other options", but really Sub/Bulk Up/Ice Punch/Sucker Punch is the only set without any huge weaknesses, and Drain Punch being an option there as well if you want to give up priority or coverage for added bulk.

Disagreeing that you should replace Thundurs-T with Dragonite. Rain Dragonite is good on paper with Hurricane, Thunder, and Surf access for a rain team, but it's pitiful SpA and lack of STAB on Thunder and Surf just means it's way too weak to use and way too slow to be viable. It's not worth using for a special attacker in the slightest. After Tornadus-T got banned, you really don't need a Hurricane user anymore.
I need a spinner for Thundurus. Wish and Aromatherapy can't be used together. I need earthquake on toxicroak since this team is weak to toxicroak. Also, 1536 on PO!!!

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
damn I haven't played the mons in forever, don't you have to pay for PO now lol?
I imagine PO would run into a lot of legal issues if they ever tried to charge, since they'd essentially be making money off of something that is entirely Nintendo's.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
well I just downloaded it, I thought I saw some sort of paid service last time I checked the website like 4 months ago lol.

damn man I used to be so good too (Well I call no.100 on smogon's ranked server pretty solid). I'm gonna get back into this. I still watch Pokeaimmd

Top Bottom